Comment

Re: An unexpected result of small maps?

LOL OWNED
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                You better look REALLY hard at FFOW, cause it seems jacked up pretty good.
                i was a tester for FFOW and left when I realized that they weren't building a PC game, they were building an Xbox360 game that they would hastily port over.

IW needs to release some free maps for PC folks that are bigger (in a patch so you have to install them to patch the game.

Comment

Why is the limit for consoles really low? Is it because of no dedicated servers?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                    Why is the limit for consoles really low? Is it because of no dedicated servers?
                    I'd say that probably is the biggest reason - lack of dedicated servers/bandwidth/lag.

Comment

so how would you say a developer solve this problem? I think the console folks would LOVE bigger maps if they were just exposed to them.

The consoles don't have graphic settings like PC users have. Perhaps if the console devs would lower the graphics just a touch, bigger (pc style) maps; and thus gameplay, would be possible. Maybe they just push the limits of the consoles so much that bigger maps would hinder performance. It's easy to build a game for exact specs when all the specs are exactly the same (as we see with console systems).

Either way - I think consoles need to stop wasting console power on graphics and put it back into gameplay. That way us PC users won't b*tch about consolers being behind the curve (lets face it - the games are).

Comment

Originally posted by troybob View Post
                        so how would you say a developer solve this problem? I think the console folks would LOVE bigger maps if they were just exposed to them.

The consoles don't have graphic settings like PC users have. Perhaps if the console devs would lower the graphics just a touch, bigger (pc style) maps; and thus gameplay, would be possible. Maybe they just push the limits of the consoles so much that bigger maps would hinder performance. It's easy to build a game for exact specs when all the specs are exactly the same (as we see with console systems).

Either way - I think consoles need to stop wasting console power on graphics and put it back into gameplay. That way us PC users won't b*tch about consolers being behind the curve (lets face it - the games are).
                        Like I said in this topic before, I always thought consoles were limited player-size because they don't have dedicated servers. And because of that, game developers thought big maps with 8vs8 would be too boring. If they just introduced dedicated servers on the console (which i think ffow is trying to do?) they'd be no difference to PC except, like you said, graphically (which can always be fixed by lowering them a bit)

Comment

Dedicated servers are an anomaly on console, primarily because the environment is different. On PC, it is usually the players or server providers that host the majority of the servers. On Live, it would be the publishers themselves - an expense they probably aren't willing to pick up, especially for a large population big ticket game like CoD4.

Comment

I think devs are working now on the map pack for PC with bigger maps. Why? Because map pack we hear about now is only for consoles.

Comment

Makes sense to me why the maps are smaller an there isn't much open space like there was in cod1/2. I think reducing the open spaces was deliberate to make the game play faster. You have to think though, if they revamped the old maps what kinda gameplay would there be. I think they would be a camp-fest.

Comment

LOL OWNED
                                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                                X