My G36E loving friend strikes again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G36E loving friend strikes again.

Okay guys, so, me and my friend have started playing CoD4. I got it about a week ago, beat the campaign and started playing multiplayer, I loved it. I tell him to buy it, it takes some persuading to, but he finally buys it.

Guess what the first thing he does is? Do you think he would play the campaign? The AWESOME campaign? No, he plays it for a few minutes to get a feel for the controls and starts trying multiplayer.

First thing he does? Joins a server, and starts trying to bunny hop, he gets jacked up about 10 times in a row and realizes that bunny hopping doesn't work in Cod4. First thing he says?

"God this game sucks, I can't believe I wasted 50$ on this piece of ****" I tell him "its just because you suck at every game but BF2" He gets highly offended by this, and arises to the occasion, and keeps trying, he has been playing a few days on CoD4 now and is starting to come around, he likes it a bit now and understands how things work. All good huh? Happy story ending right? Wrong.

He and I argue about which game is worse in terms (his terms) of "spam"
    He claims that, CoD4, which has 4 second grenades with indicators, is a worse nade spam fest on a 28 player map, than a 64 player Karkand, there is no comparison, Karkand is clearly worse, yet he cannot seem to learn how to dodge grenades, insisting that overall, CoD4 is far "spammier". He claims time and time again, everytime we get into a discussion about it than CoD4 is a good game but a "noob" game, and it takes 100% more skill to play BF2.

We play a couple rounds of CoD4, than decide to play some BF2, I join a round of Karkand, and I don't really feel like playing Karkand so I just run around, I sneak up on people and jump in front of them and jump around to see how long it takes for em to kill me, I kill the occasional player to keep my kills and deaths even, as I didn't really wanna try.

He actually tries and starts saying how even in my prime, I was barely better than him at BF2 (not true,I'll always be better at him by a mile in any game we ever play), and I tell him I am still better than him now and I haven't "quit".

Isn't it annoying as hell when you play a game other than a game like halo3/Bf2 one of the fan boys starts saying how you've "abbandoned" the game, I "hate it now", I'm "not in my prime anymore!"

Its frustrating, so I tell him I am stilll better than him (which I am), and tell him I'll prove it on the next map, which is Sharqi, a map I like. When Sharqi starts loading he says hes bored and is gonna get off, yet maintains he is better at me than Bf2, heres the real kicker, you wanna know why he thinks he is better at me than Bf2? He can OUT BUNNY HOP ME :laugh::laugh:

Lets look at him:

The ONLY CLASS HE WILL EVER PLAY: Medic
    The ONLY GUN HE WILL EVER USE: g36E

Why he thinks he is better than me?: He can outbunny hop me (which he cant, I just choose not to bunny hop so he thinks I suck at it)

This really pisses me off because he says he is a better bunny hopper and can outmaneuver me (whatever the hell that means) in battlefield 2, even though we've got it pretty well established that I eat bunny hoppers for breakfast, and 9/10 I kill him and any other bunny hoppers who try to out-manuver me, this seems to have flown his brain appearently, and the call ends with him flat out refusing to come on and fight me to prove he is a better player, why do these kinds of players never learn? Its annoying as hell.

PS: Long post is LONG.

I've gotten used to people telling me they're awesome in X vehicle, only to see how bad their performance really is. Perhaps my standards are too high, I don't know... but I do enjoy hearing all about people's supposed skill and never seeing a hint of it when the time comes to demonstrate it. My sig deals with that... metacognition is a funny thing.

Comment

I have found that CoD4 does seem a bit spammier with grenades. However, i love the feel of the weapons them selves. My perfect game would be CoD4 on a larger scale with vehicles.

Comment

Cod4 does every aspect of infantry better than BF2 and is hands down a better inf only game.

There's really no contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Elder View Post
          Cod4 does every aspect of infantry better than BF2 and is hands down a better inf only game.

There's really no contest.
          It's not a very difficult choice: COD4 weapons actually REGISTER hits properly, for f*ck's sake. :laugh:

BF2 is like a rushed college project. :shakehead:

Comment

Theres less grenades in the air in CoD4, but you die way more often from them. Btw, Bf2 takes more still than Cod4

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
              Theres less grenades in the air in CoD4, but you die way more often from them. Btw, Bf2 takes more still than Cod4
              You're on f*ckin' crack if you think BF2 requires more skill.

Unless it was meant as a joke in reference to how sh*tty the reg system is...

Comment

BF2 = no skill
                CoD4 = Pretty fun game, as Sloi said the bullets actually register (party at my house)

now..

PR = BF2 + 3000 Skill, somewhat like CoD4 because it may still have the same BF2 engines but more bullets should "register" if you like because it dosnt take a whole magazine to actually kill someone

Comment

BabaGurGur WTF are you on about? PR does not require the same skill that you would need in Bf2 or CoD4. You dont need fast reflexes or good aim in PR. You can be gods gift to a videogame and still fail hard in PR coz your squad is disorganised or is using "wrong" tactics, or even worse when your not using any.

Hit registration is just ac crappy in PR coz afterall, its the same engine. But you dont notice it as much coz you dont see the X mark when you hit someone, and plus people run slower so its easier to hit them.

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                  You're on f*ckin' crack if you think BF2 requires more skill.

Unless it was meant as a joke in reference to how sh*tty the reg system is...
                  That too In Bf2 you need to learn how a weapon handles, take the L85 for example. First time i used it it was innacurate as hell, but after many hours i would know when that weapon is accurate and when it isnt.

You also have to learn where the hitboxes really are and that takes a while.

While in CoD4 pretty much every weapon is point and shoot and are accurate even when firing 5+ rounds. Its MUCH easier to aim and hit in CoD4.

Comment

I suppose you mean BF2 takes more learning.

Just because bullets go where they're supposed to in COD4 doesnt mean it requires less skill. Just means it has less of a learning curve.

Comment

Harder to do something = More skill required to do it

Comment

I like knifing in COD4, it seems more realistic than BF2, and the knife hits do register provided you're not 9 feet away from the guy. In BF2, you can be close enough to kiss your enemy, knife his jugular and see smoke come off him and he lives!

In my n00b level of play and experience, I'd say COD takes more skill than BF2 and that COD is an excellent training tool to play BF2 better. That is something I experienced first hand.

And CQ-Reborn -- I thoroughly enjoyed reading your rant. I had some buddies who absolutely loved Day of Defeat before they patched it so you couldn't hop around as much anymore and suddenly hated it. Course they'd never admit why, but I knew. Nice rant.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                          Harder to do something = More skill required to do it
                          No.

COD4 and BF2 use completely different skillsets. Ive posted a throughal analysis in the COD4 forums once, but in a nutshell

BF2 "skill" comes from dealing with inadequate and poorly made game
                          COD4 "skill" comes from PvP gameplay

Basically, try to find better servers to play on. Everyone can rape newbies. Go have a few rounds on Northern European peak times in the Baghdad S&D or Mixed servers withs ome of the FV people on. COD4 is all about PvP and has very little to do with weapon research. (On the same note, BF2 has jack to do with weapon research too)

CQReborn, get better friends

Comment

OP sorry your wrong, COD4 is like karkand on steroids spam crazy, especially on the 54 player servers.

its not intentional but when you can fit a cod4 map into the warehouse flag on karkand alone there is bound to be more spam.

that and the fact that you can shoot through pretty much any wall in cod4 so there is no where really 'safe' to hide.

anyway about your other points, i had a friend who devoted time in perfecting the dolphin dive and yeh it did get annoying when we were on opposing teams and he dived and lasered me to death with his g36e. (he plays 2142 now and guess what his fav gun is? voss >_>)

also regarding the PR skill, there is no actual 'gaming' skill needed in PR just common sense a lot of patience and good communication skills. I used to play PR heavily up until the 0.7 patch and the team with more squads always won.

finally, regarding bf2 skill > cod4 skill.

yes and no, reflex wise definitely not, planning ahead, yes. in bf2 you have to plan what your going to do ahead or die straight away, in cod4 you need much more 'on the go' skill ie, not much planning but to make it from A to B alive preferably getting kills along the way by being better at controlling the character.

Comment

Originally posted by jackal22 View Post
                              OP sorry your wrong, COD4 is like karkand on steroids spam crazy, especially on the 54 player servers.

Comment

Working...
                              X