Isnt it annoying when..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack.nd View Post
    I'm a h/c only type of player as I believe that if I shoot someone, they should go down! The realism side of me, I know this is only a game but, you know. Do you have to set your kits differenet for h/c compared to s/c? I think only stopping power would make a change but I always use that anyway.
    You dont have to have different kits and I manage OK.

I like to play a bit stealthy and tactical so in HC, I dont have to worry about the UAV as much, so I dont use silencers. In SC, I want to use silencers because of the UAV. Also use UAV jammer and/or jauggernaut depending on the kit.

To try to counter the loss with a silencer, I want to add stopping power, where on HC, I dont need to worry about stopping power because bullets really hurt.

In HC, I will use steady aim more, since I dont have crosshairs to help guide my shots. Whereas I dont worry about it in SC.

Now sometimes I just run and gun and spray and pray and so I have 1 kit that works just fine with both SC and HC and that is:

AK47 w ACOG
    Bandolier
    Stopping Power
    Dead Silence

Since I am running around, I dont care what the UAV tells people and I want all the damage I can get out of my kit.

So anyway, long story short, to me, it does make a difference.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
      Atleast you cant take a 9mm in the head and keep on running...
      Correct. But if you die just as easily by getting shot in a toe it's just not fun.

And I love shotguns, unfortunately they're **** in hardcore. Why use a shotgun when you can use an AR that you can spray and pray with (and kill enemies at a distance)?

Comment

I don't hate Hardcore. It used to be my favorite.

I just don't find it fun anymore. I'm a softcore fan now.

I guess it's cause I can't automatically dominate in softcore. Strange how Softcore is harder for me than Hardcore.

Comment

ROFLLOLOLMAO @HC being "harder".

About 4 days ago, I accidentally went into an "HC" server, somehow, dont ask me why, I assumed "HC" stood for "Headquarters" (headcuarters, ha). I decimated the entire opposing team, going run-n-gun style and had my new kill streak of 29, I would have ended up 100:3 if I didnt fall asleep behind the screen. I felt sorry for the poor guys on the other team. And... Im not even a good player.

The way it works is, HC will forgive you if you cant aim worth sh!t, but are tactically superior. Regular not only demands tactical superiority, it also demands superb aiming skills and superior fighting techniques. So in essence, "softcore" is a hell of a lot more demanding, than "hardcore".

I find games that are geared towards realism, to be tenfolds more enjoyable in their realistic settings, than HC.

Comment

Same thing Dairuka, I used to only play hardcore but have recently changed to regular/SC, and I agree with Chris. While the essence of HC is to make bullets "kill faster" and make gameplay more realistic - it doesn't seem to fit properly with the CoD series or the game in general.

*I'm not saying one is better than the other, simply that I prefer regular because it feels more like the CoD games I know

Comment

HC just wasn't meant to be...

Honestly PR did the best job creating a realistic game... It was meant to be. HC in CoD4 really... wasn't. It's basically the same game, but people die if you shoot them in the foot once...

HC is fun once in a while... but Normal is where any real CoD4 player should find himself... its much more demanding.

Comment

IW put hardcore mode into the game because "realism"-type mods were popular in past versions of COD. They decided to make it easier for some people to run, by including it as a gametype.

Originally posted by [t1] k0daK View Post
                *I'm not saying one is better than the other, simply that I prefer regular
                That's the mature approach. Either one may not be your cup of tea, but that's no reason to look down on those who enjoy it. Each requires a different skill-set and playing style to be successful.

Comment

Hm.. I actually find it much easier to dominate in SC. P90 spray and pray ftw

Comment

I like playing on full 50 slot servers, so I perfer softcore. But, when I do play the odd game on a small server, I like hardcore mode. Hardcore reminds me a bit of america's army

Comment

Well, hopefully when the PR lads feel as tho they have done all they can for bf2 maybe they could swing this way and see if they can do anything (regular british skins )

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.nd View Post
                        Well, hopefully when the PR lads feel as tho they have done all they can for bf2 maybe they could swing this way and see if they can do anything (regular british skins )
                        Since theres no vehicles in Cod MP that wont happen:hmm:

Comment

I prefer HC for getting the weapon skins. I hate hitting people in the head (with something other than a sniper rifle or shotgun) in SC and they just find cover and heal up. When I hit you in the head with a bullet, I expect you to either die, or go into Last Stand so I can easily put another bullet in your face.

Comment

I prefer HC for the simple fact that there is no map. When someone shoots you dont see him light up on your map. I also prefer sniping in alot of games which helps me in HC by playing a bit more tactical and smart rather than running around spraying.

Comment

Originally posted by BEER4KingDark View Post
                              I prefer HC for the simple fact that there is no map. When someone shoots you dont see him light up on your map. I also prefer sniping in alot of games which helps me in HC by playing a bit more tactical and smart rather than running around spraying.
                              Thats a good point, if regular could be setup like HC, but leave the health level, thatd be pretty good as well.

Can those things even be turned off and it remain ranked?

(NO, MODS AND UNRANKED IS NOT THE SAME!)

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood
                                Isnt it annoying when..
                                No it really isnt, i tell you what would be annoying is if someone moaned about joining 5 hardcore SD servers in a row

Comment

Working...
                                X