Pilot/driver only kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot/driver only kits?

What do you think of having a basic kit for pilots and armour drivers only? I think it was the original Forgotten Hope mod for BF1942 that had a pilot kit which simply had a parachute, knife and a pistol.

I like the idea. I think it would focus on the pilot or driver sticking in their vehicle unless they have a dire need to leave it. And if they have to, they have the bare essentials to survive.

Sure, they can pickup other kits once outside the vehicle, but re-entering one, they immediately go back to the rationed kit.

I'm sure most crews of today's M1 Abrams tanks and Apache gunships only carry the most basic of firearms and protection?

thats why engineers of bf2 were armed with s weapon that was suited for personal self defense, aka a close combat weapon

Comment

Why?

What is the advantage of using this kit over any other? Or do you mean that you can only drive vehicles with the Driver kit. Cos that would suck...

Comment

i think its good u need a basic kit to drive every vecheil except the FAV or maybe APC

Comment

Even Project Reality has it, you need to request a kit before you can drive/fly a specific vehicle. Ok it keeps the noobs out of important vehicles but to be honest everyone needs to get a change to learn the vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by christopherlon
            i think its good u need a basic kit to drive every vecheil except the FAV or maybe APC
            This is the most stupid thing i have ever seen..
            Its a game so you dont have to make it something extreme realistic. And the fun will be way less then normal if you add this ingame:shakehead

Comment

LOL, reminds me of those free computer games that used to come with new computers. There was this one hunting game...hunting games aren't fun when they are realistic. Sit there forever and wait for a deer to come walking by and get one chance at a shot. If you miss you just scare off every living thing in the vicinity. Some realism is good, but too much can be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder View Post
                LOL, reminds me of those free computer games that used to come with new computers. There was this one hunting game...hunting games aren't fun when they are realistic. Sit there forever and wait for a deer to come walking by and get one chance at a shot. If you miss you just scare off every living thing in the vicinity. Some realism is good, but too much can be a bad thing.
                Finally someone agree with me. And i was almost thinking i was the last retard on this forum :rofl:

Comment

Unzen, I think you're on to something.
                  A few of my own ideas and thoughts on it..........
                  Let's make it that anyone can pilot......(and from here on I'll be using "pilot" to mean land and air vehicles).......any vehicle, but if they are not the "Pilot" class, they will suffer penalties. Say distance and accuracy for gunship missiles, tank shells, etc. Or something like the gunship will pitch and roll more for non-pilots than real pilots.
                  I think a Pilot class should have a knife, SMG, and a repair tool. One that won't fix assets, Titan guns, or stationary guns. But that will repair friendly vehicles even faster than the engineer repair tool. Maybe even add a slight amount of auto-heal to any vehicle the Pilot pilots.
                  Just my 2 cents. Or 2 pence.

Comment

did you forget about the engie class? its perfect for pilotting!

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke
                      Unzen, I think you're on to something.
                      A few of my own ideas and thoughts on it..........
                      Let's make it that anyone can pilot......(and from here on I'll be using "pilot" to mean land and air vehicles).......any vehicle, but if they are not the "Pilot" class, they will suffer penalties. Say distance and accuracy for gunship missiles, tank shells, etc. Or something like the gunship will pitch and roll more for non-pilots than real pilots.
                      I think a Pilot class should have a knife, SMG, and a repair tool. One that won't fix assets, Titan guns, or stationary guns. But that will repair friendly vehicles even faster than the engineer repair tool. Maybe even add a slight amount of auto-heal to any vehicle the Pilot pilots.
                      Just my 2 cents. Or 2 pence.
                      That's the kind of thing I'm getting at, Desmond. Though as dtneter says, everyone should have the chance to learn the vehicles, in all fairness.

I guess 'realism' isn't the way I meant this thread to go. Thinking about it, more like what Desmond said above. There's a distinct bonus for being a vehicle pilot, but there's also a negative side too.

I think it would add to the gameplay, imo. There would be a massive risk for you personally to out wondering the battlefield on foot, but the flip-side would be that you would be top-dog, the moment you entered a vehicle.

It's got potential. Is anyone from DICE listening?

Comment

What do you call this?

Comment

because ppl are never top dog in vehicles as it is...

bf2 has happened, let's get over it

Comment

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                            because ppl are never top dog in vehicles as it is...

bf2 has happened, let's get over it
                            .... I meant 'top dog' as in being better than standard infantry guys jumping into the same vehicle. I didn't mean it as that they would pwn everything in sight.

Comment

but dude, the engie class is exactly what you need! you can repair other vehicles while driving your own, which promotes being in a vehicle; you can lay traps for other vehicles and protect your own vehicle via mm and mmb; on foot you can fire anti-tank and anti-air rounds, plus the smg as a close quarter self-defence weapon. it's all there! wear no armour if you want that 'im naked so i need protection!' feeling

Comment

Working...
                              X