The Mysterious Titan Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mysterious Titan Explosion

Has anyone ever been playing a round and either your titan or the enemy titan just seems to explode regardless of consoles or shield being up or down? I know alot of people think that this is a hack but, i had this happen when i ran my server during patch 1.25. The Titan exploded for no reason and everyones starts screaming hack. I watched the battlerecorder for that round and saw absolutely nobody on the titan at the time of the explosion. Nothing in the core and nothing on any consoles. I chalked it up to another BF2142 mystery bug. I saw it only one other time in almost 1000 hours of playing. Well since 1.40 has come out i have seen this happen about 5 times on different servers. Each time the enemy or friendly titan just explodes with no bearing on the console status or damage level to the titan. Any idea what causes this? :shock:

Yup, I've seen it happen a few times and everyone starts screaming hack. Can not confirm or deny whether any hack was used.

Comment

I've heard afew stories...

The first and seemingly most logical is its some sort of bug dealing with titan position and some silos, with the moon being in the right alignment and a dog with one green eye and one blue eye biting a mailman on the *** while Prince adds another formerly known as to his name and two missles hit the titan just right... or something like that.

The other most probable one is that a glitch/exploit is used to get a person inside the core and then proceeds to pop it.

I've also heard that sometimes its the servers fault, where it gets some sort of lag type thing and when the game runs the checks to see if the titan is dead it sends a wrong value or no value resulting in the destruction.

Comment

i would go more towards glitch/server problem as i have watched a battle recorder demo of when this has happened. Nobody was even near or on the titan when it happened.

Comment

I've played rounds where the Titan blew very fast after the shields dropped. Just thought some clanners on VOIP were very coordinated. Didn't know of any hacks like that but I"m pretty nieve when it comes to cheats, (although I played a round or two where someone blew our consoles prior to the shields dropping. Pouges).

Comment

ohh what about rounds where the enemy titan shield just doesnt go down? even when it's supposedly down people spawn on the enemy titan to get insta-killed, then the rest of the round consists of defending your own titan and letitng missiles hit the enemy one. its 99.9% a loss cos you need to defend your titan and they don't, which means you cant get silos.

Comment

I stumbled across how this was done once completely by accident. This actually happened in a TWL match once (it can actually happen by accident, but it's 1 in a million), and I was one of the one's that investigated it. I bet you will see this 99% of the time on Verdun. Unfortunately I can't really give away anything about how it's done without giving the whole thing away and laming up servers. Suffice it to say that AFAIK it's possible for it to occur on all maps (happened on Sidi in the match), and no hax are required, but it's much easier to do on Verdun. This has been reported to EA as a bug, but I doubt it will be fixed.

Comment

so is it random, or is it someone does something and the titan just pops?
                i've played on servers where i've seen most of the players before and know they aren't the exploiting type, yet it still happens.

Comment

No it's not random, altho it is possible that it can happen by accident (so I guess in that regard it COULD be considered random)

Comment

so... it's more likely someone deliberately did something to trigger the explosion?
                    hmmmm.

Comment

.... Yea that's how you do it, thanks for putting that in the wild so that every game of Verdun titan will end in seconds. Just for the record you can do it on any map using a different method, that fortunately you don't list here. Unfortunately I doubt that it will ever be fixed

Comment

Post got removed, but sadly I betcha half of everyone read it before it got taken down Well, no more Verdun Titan for me!

Comment

hmmm i didnt get to read it. oh well no matter. i'll just quit if that happens again =\

Comment

I beleive you guys are referring to titan death by attrition...thats when your shields go down........even if all your consoles remain intact...your titan explodes because your team hasnt done a good job of taking silos...(probably 3/4's of your team is just titan gunners is my guess) and KABOOM......maybe take more silos in the future so the enemy titan sustains damage and play the game as it was meant to be played....not staying on the titan and titan gun spamming.

Comment

Err... No. This topic is about a rather serious glitch, which when used can destroy a full health titan. Shields up and everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X