Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 through HDTV Help

Hey all.

I'm trying to run BF2 through my 40" Sony Bravia. When I load up BF2 I get the splash screen then it crashes to desktop. It's connected through HDMI to DVI, all hardware is upto the job. I've been through the widescreen tutorial here and searched for hours today but still can't get it to run. Windows XP runs fine, it's just this game. I've got the res set to 1920 x 1080, using Geforce 8600 GT.

Help!

It might have something to do with refresh rate. If your 40" has a refresh rate below 60Hz you will need to change it in all the video.con files(My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\).

Comment

Hey thanks I'll try that. Would this mean I would have to do this everytime I swap from TV to monitor then?

Comment

Possibly, if you have a flat screen monitor it will most likely be able to run at 60hz.

You'll probably also like to read this thread if you havent already http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...ad.php?t=91843

Comment

Originally posted by Natt View Post
          It might have something to do with refresh rate. If your 40" has a refresh rate below 60Hz you will need to change it in all the video.con files(My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\).
          Actually if it has a refresh below 60Hz you're probably out of luck. BF2 does not seem to work at lower refresh (I have a 50Hz notebook).

Comment

I had this exact same problem when trying to play BF2 on my 52" rear-projection TV through S-video cable. The only game that worked for me was FEAR combat

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
              I had this exact same problem when trying to play BF2 on my 52" rear-projection TV through S-video cable. The only game that worked for me was FEAR combat
              If it was the refresh issue, I found that BF1942, UT2004, and the UT3 demo ran at 50Hz. Haven't tried ETQW on that notebook; pretty sure the video chip would make it unplayably slow even if it manages to load. The UT3 demo is barely playable at the lowest resolution and settings.

Comment

Re: BF2 through HDTV Help

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

aren't the newer video cards comming with hdmi out so this problem can go away?

Comment

Originally posted by TheButler208 View Post
                      aren't the newer video cards comming with hdmi out so this problem can go away?
                      So far the only new graphics card with HDMI output is the 9800GX2. The 9800GTX and 9600GT don't have it. They only come with two DVI and super video

Comment

thanks for the top tip rem in video.com worked!

Comment

Working...
                        X