Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you think of all the bottle necks in OF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what do you think of all the bottle necks in OF?

i have one issue with the brits. once a squad is equipped with sniper rifles, you cannot snipe from trenches (the sniping button that takes a few munitions). however you can make squads equipped with the machine gun, use their "button enemy vehicle" ability.

i also wished you can connect trenches as well so soldiers can move around more freely

Comment

Thats messed up...

Yes I hate that tbh... Making a trench its just a few meters long and then it ends, just looks kinda lame if you ask me. If you could build the trenches freely it would be awesome but now they just get kinda locked in....

Comment

that would be awesome if you could build trenches in the same way, as you can with sandbags.

Comment

Yes! Or maybe not awesome but more like obvious. It's weird that they have done it this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Idaeus View Post
            Thats messed up...

Yes I hate that tbh... Making a trench its just a few meters long and then it ends, just looks kinda lame if you ask me. If you could build the trenches freely it would be awesome but now they just get kinda locked in....
            That's why they call them "slit trenches"

Comment

then we need longer slit trenches!

also we need tank ditches to stop those pesky tanks!

Comment

Slit trenches are suppose to be just quick trenches that are thrown up in a few hours or so. The vast systems that WWI had took months, these are just makeshift homes like elongated foxholes.

Comment

Originally posted by is_don_is_good View Post
                  i have one issue with the brits. once a squad is equipped with sniper rifles, you cannot snipe from trenches (the sniping button that takes a few munitions). however you can make squads equipped with the machine gun, use their "button enemy vehicle" ability.

i also wished you can connect trenches as well so soldiers can move around more freely
                  Mmmm - not convinced on that one myself. You'd end up on a lot of maps with the British side tunneling away like demented moles - flanking nearly every approach path and populated by a recon, an MG team and a PIAT team. Those guys would be nearly impervious to any counter-attack - and once the mortars or arty came in - they could easily just run back down the trench.

The slit trenches already are very tough to take out with armour. I had a Jaegerpanzer (sp?) firing away at a slit trench for minutes with a British recon team in it. It still had two guys in it, before a mortar-carrier finished them off. :evil:

Comment

Working...
                  X