Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you think of all the bottle necks in OF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you think of all the bottle necks in OF?

Recently I played CoH a bit at a friends house and there was a lot of new maps from OF. Many of these maps were full of bottle necks! Not Vire River or Lyon style, separating the whole map but just small bottle necks across the maps like little bridges for infantry and some bridges for vehicles.

I really liked it since its really fun to set up your defenses at bridges etc and also it is a bit easier to defend and the game is less chaotic. What do you guys think of this?

i usually rush my troops there to secure it and build devastating defenses. my favourite is placing an 88 there

no mercy!

Comment

Yes exactly! 88's are brutal at all bridges! Sometimes they don't seem to be able to shoot over them though...

Also placing an MG nest on the side, cover the whole bridge is very useful...

Comment

having the British AA gun helps a bit. one multiplayer match, i remember mine taking out the marders tank buster out. not bad against light armour and infantry.

horrible against aircraft though. 1/3 chance of shooting planes down

Comment

Lols! Well what is it most necessary for then? Aircraft or ground units?

Comment

ground units and light armour. for an AA job they are too preoccupied in shooting down nearby butterflys instead of enemy planes

Comment

Lol! Yeah I saw your text on the PotD submission! A lot of butterflies died in WW2...

Comment

speaking about butterflies, i love the concept of butterfly bombs but they need more oomph!

Comment

Butterfly bombs? Did I miss something?

Comment

Panzer Elite Luftwaffle doctrine. The ability to call small mines from the air to be dropped at a certain location...someone trots over it... POP!

Comment

Awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by Idaeus
                        Yes exactly! 88's are brutal at all bridges! Sometimes they don't seem to be able to shoot over them though...

Also placing an MG nest on the side, cover the whole bridge is very useful...
                        Yes that's a good strategy.
                        To get through that line you must use mortars or artillery.. otherwise you'll loose a lot of men and iron.

Comment

Exactly! The mortars always seem to be the biggest threat against my 88's... So its good to keep a sniper nearby to deal with them..

Comment

Re: So what do you think of all the bottle necks in OF?

LOL OWNED

Comment

Re: So what do you think of all the bottle necks in OF?

LOL OWNED

Comment

Working...
                              X