next unlock- your opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next unlock- your opinion!

ok, i just finished getting all of the personal unlocks, and i even destroyed a goliath! (i almost pissed in my pants when i did that!) i finally got that cold front unit service award as well!
    so, my next unlock is a difficult one. do i go for assault unlocks or engineer? if i go for engineer, i get the MMB, which i heard was very good for destroying goliaths, but if i go for the assault, i can get the advanced medi pack, which could save my life, or go for the PK-74 rockets, which seem really good (on another note, are they as good as the RL rockets?)
    so, which one now?

EDIT: to help clarify, i only play assault on camp g, but on all other maps i play engi.

Don't unlock the top of any tree until you have completed most of the unlocks. You can unlock those with field upgrades. Always play in a squad and you should get field upgrades pretty quickly. Go for advanced med pack.

Comment

Go for the advanced med hub first. Besides being able to heal yourself and team mates faster, you'll also heal people inside and around any vehicle you're in.
      What are RL rockets?
      The PKs are pretty nice since you can set them to air-burst at a predetermined distance to take out enemies behind walls and cover. And they have a massive amount of splash damage. :nod:

Comment

RL rockets= rocket launcher rockets
        well, i guess advanced medpack it is!

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
          RL rockets= rocket launcher rockets
          well, i guess advanced medpack it is!
          Ah, OK, for RL versus PK, neither's better. RLs are anti-armor while PKs are anti-infantry.
          You can kill the opposite way but it's not really the best way to do it. You can take out a tank with PKs, but it takes alot of them and you usually won't live long once the tank knows where you're at. You can kill infantry with RLs, but it takes a direct hit to do it, so it's not always easy.

Comment

so the PK is pretty good. im just concerned about talking out- or damaging- walkers, since they are the biggest threat in camp g.

Comment

The easiest way to take out a walker in camp g is with motion mines + motion mine bait or if you camp a rorsch while the walker is EMP'ed... Of course you can take it out with the rocket launchers but it's a little tricky... either sneak under one and shoot at the vents, it will take away 90 HP and the walker will soon explode. Or aim for it's knees since it does rather a lot of damage right there.

It's really tricky to take out a walker by yourself if you don't have people backing you up though.

Comment

the problem is that the SMG sux in camp g, and i dont have much of a chance except in blowing up vehicles. i am seriously thinking of starting every match as an engi and mining the tool booth though

Comment

If you honestly play the engi class the most (like I do) then it would make sense to expand that class further. If you're only on Camp G every now and then, then I wouldn't think the assault class would be worthy of unlocks just yet.

Most often when the shields go down on the titan, I do switch to assault from engi on the next respawn. PK rockets are superb on titan defense and also titan attack when dealing with defenders at the end of the corridors. The PK's are the sole reason why I switched from support back to assault. The Ganz and turret combo were a favourite of mine for a long time...

Comment

the problem is that the SMG sux in camp g, and i dont have much of a chance except in blowing up vehicles. i am seriously thinking of starting every match as an engi and mining the tool booth though
                    Don't zoom in and strafe sideways if you're close to the enemy Usually works fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by Unzen View Post
                      If you honestly play the engi class the most (like I do) then it would make sense to expand that class further. If you're only on Camp G every now and then, then I wouldn't think the assault class would be worthy of unlocks just yet.
                      have you looked at my stats page? i play camp g the most. i only play engi on titan and assault lines (to deal with the goliath), but assault on conquest.

Comment

have you looked at my stats page? i play camp g the most. i only play engi on titan and assault lines (to deal with the goliath), but assault on conquest.
                        Ah, no I didn't look. Probably go for the advanced medi-hub first then? I can't recommend the PK rockets enough though - especially if you get the extra clip expansion from three to four rockets. It's amazing how just one extra rocket seems to transform that weapon from being good, to great.

Comment

if you use baur it isnt that needed. i only use it if i have to kill entrenched enemies and even then i need to pick up a kit cuz i prefer the herzog. but if you want to kill the enemies with a better gun i would advice you the baur. in the beginning it is a bit hard to use but you will get used to the recoil and will love it more than anything else.

Comment

so im guessing i should aim for assault unlocks now

Comment

Originally posted by sempf View Post
                              if you use baur it isnt that needed. i only use it if i have to kill entrenched enemies and even then i need to pick up a kit cuz i prefer the herzog. but if you want to kill the enemies with a better gun i would advice you the baur. in the beginning it is a bit hard to use but you will get used to the recoil and will love it more than anything else.
                              I find the Baur to be great in single-shot mode. Pretty much like a rapid-firing sniper rifle!

It's very accurate over range, I think.

Never use the Herzog - I tend to switch to support with the Clark for shotty-duties.

so im guessing i should aim for assault unlocks now
                              What have you got so far on the assault unlock tree?

Comment

Working...
                              X