Ethics question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethics question

I just finished a round at a server running 64p Remagen. There were 9 players on and increased to 24, so the war dragged on. At beginning, I found some PAC player put a beacon near EU base, and constantly went back to destroy commander assets. I figured there position out already, but later in the game I found the guy keeps doing that. So when the opportunity allowed, I camped a walker there, so each time he spawns on, he got killed by the walker. Then I found the other guy is also spawning, so the streak rolled on. However, after several kills, the guy seemed to be AFK, but every time I killed him, he kept spawning on the same beacon. At least the other guy tried to run and put motion mines to take me down. When I got kind of tired and disgust of my unfair kills, some other guy disrupted me with tv missile when he tried (and failed) to take me down by slipping a speeder behind me. I killed them so many times that the round ended 61:10 to me. Is it unethical to take advantage of situation like this?

It's kind of a cheap kill. you could have easily destroyed the beacon and moved on.

Comment

I tried, but I can't locate the beacon. I don't know where it was.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Cheap kills? Probably. Is anybody going to care tomorrow? Nope. The only guy who might would be the guy who apparently went AFK and in the long run hopefully he learned a lesson about going AFK during a game like BF2142.

Comment

Don't worry about it. If someone is AFK, then they deserve to get raped for not making sure they don't respawn every 15 seconds before they left. I probably would have done the same thing.

Comment

killing people that constantly spawn on a beacon are totally legit kills.

the one guy was afk is a nice plus for you. the guy that wasnt afk deserves to get killed over and over caus hes a retard that decides to spawn on a camping walker over and over again.

Comment

I beacon camp and baserape (when the server rules permit it) and I am not ashamed to say it...

Comment

Rayyy-hayypage. Next time he'll think about lubing up before getting that treatment again.

Comment

if they kept spawning its their own fault. i would probably feel guilty after about 20 kills :laugh:

reminds me of the time i went afk in BF2 and forgot i had the parachute spawn point on Warlord

Comment

There's absolutely nothing wrong with beacon camping. If the beacon is usable, it means that the enemy team has at least one other static spawn point available to them. They should spawn somewhere else instead of complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                      I beacon camp and baserape (when the server rules permit it) and I am not ashamed to say it...
                      Absolutely. There's nothing more entertaining than a good and nasty baserape with people complaining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                        if they kept spawning its their own fault. i would probably feel guilty after about 20 kills :laugh:

reminds me of the time i went afk in BF2 and forgot i had the parachute spawn point on Warlord
                        ^^^^ - that's the answer in a nutshell.

I've had it similar where manning a titan turret as PAC, on Suez. They had managed to drop an SB in the far corner, and from there, I got one, sometimes two EU guys when they respawned.

One guy quickly learned about the 'death from above' but the other bloke simply didn't. Each time he made a run for one of the base assets and each time I rained down fire on him.

That's not a n00b mistake. That's just plain stupidity!

So no, it's nothing to feel guilty about. You're just making the most of their lack in common sense.

Comment

i think titan gunners are noobs. The sound of the spam falling down sounds like: NNNNOOOOOooooooooooB B B BBBBB

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                            i think titan gunners are noobs. The sound of the spam falling down sounds like: NNNNOOOOOooooooooooB B B BBBBB
                            How odd. When I'm on a Titan gun, it sounds like: KIIIIIIiiiiiiiLLLLLL :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                              :laugh:

Totally disagree but at least it got a chuckle out of me.

As for the original post, I know I would have slept well that night knowing my KDR went towards the positive side of things :yay:

Comment

Working...
                              X