Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 'Frag of the Day'?

Got a cracking one today on conquest Highway Tampa. :nod:

Playing as PAC, the round was pretty much over to us. We still had 100+ tickets left and the EU were barely in double-figures. It appeared that both sides had a SL beacon at that lower-central point near the crossroads, with both sides trading frags on a regular basis.

On my next respawn (as engi), I climbed one of the silos at the rear of the point - overlooking the capture point and the AA turret on the roof.

There (and quite why, I don't know) - were three EU guys seemingly in a manager's meeting. They were just stood right next to the AA turret and moving about a little bit - probably just resigning themselves to the fact that the round was nearly over.

Great - the most inappropriate class kit to nail these three guys with. I threw a grenade, which hit the roof that they were stood on and bounced harmlessly forward and exploded in mid-air. Naturally, this attracted their attention and I hit prone under a hail of bullets.

Priming another grenade, I looked down at the floor and launched it. It went a few feet forward, bounced off the floor and travelled in a high arc towards these guys. A second later - BAM! - all three guys were nailed by the frag. I didn't even have the opportunity to see it with my own eyes. :shakehead

Once the round had finished, I checked for a Battlerecorder file. None was to be seen. Bugger!

so 3 guys didnt notice you and you threw a nade at them. uhh, niiiiiiiice. pwnage.

i just think its cool whenever i go boom-headshot on someone with some tight bursts and then i wipe it off and do it to again idk. i dont really throw many nades at people if i dont have to

Comment

i once threw a nade at exactly 45 degrees over the space beween the catwalks betwween harbor and toll station on the west, which exploded just in mid air above the catwalk and killed my target

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
        so 3 guys didnt notice you and you threw a nade at them. uhh, niiiiiiiice. pwnage.

i just think its cool whenever i go boom-headshot on someone with some tight bursts and then i wipe it off and do it to again idk. i dont really throw many nades at people if i dont have to
        I'm usually hopeless with the 'nades - so the fact that I got these three before the tickets ran out was even more impressive for me.

I could probably retry that 'nade throw for a hundred times and never manage it again.

Comment

nice, one. i love when you get a bunch of enemies having a picnic. In titan mode you can get 5 or 6 guys with one nade because people will often have a party outside consoles 3 and 4. 80% of the time they are never looking behind them. I am not talking grenade spamming from the corridors either. Nothing better than nailing the long range nade toss from the back corner of the titan. They never see it coming.

Comment

Playing Shuhia conquest today. Driving an A8 tank. I am heading down the mountain road to the lowland bases when I come across one of our walkers in a 1 on 1 with an enemy walker.

I move down to lend support and get a few shots at the enemy walker's knee joints when all of a sudden a FAV appears making a break up the road. I fire a shot and manage to wing it. It's smoking but the driver manages to jump out and take the other road up the mountain.

Figuring the walker should be able to finish off his enemy now I skirt back round the top to hunt down the runner. I make it around but can't see him. I creep over the cliff to see the walker battle still raging. I let off another shot to kill the enemy and that finishes it. As a bonus he's got a gunner so that's two kills.

As soon as that's done I'm scanning for the foot soldier when missiles hit the side of my tank. I spin the turret and see an enemy Talon bearing down on me. He let's off another volley and I fire the main gun at him. Score - he's smoking and losing control - the ship explodes but pilot bails out. My tank is badly damaged now and about to blow. I jump out and run up to the pilot. He's ducking behind a tree but I manage to knock a few HPs off. He pops out to shoot and I nail him.

All of a sudden footsoldier opens up out of nowhere. My clip is out so I resort to bunnyhopping side to side to evade. His clip runs out as mine pops in. Into stance and take him down.

I run down the mountain and prone over the edge. I can see two more enemies at the base entrance, one in the Rorsh and one on foot. Send down a volley of PKs from 160m. Rorsch is taken out along with the occupant. His buddy sends a set of PKs right back at me. I move to the side and throw down a medpack. PK volley number 2 takes him out.

Hah that was fun. It all seemed to flow seamlessly together. I got a few more kills for a DCP.

Comment

These three guys have shown up on our Gib server recently. I don't know if they are an actual clan or just buddies that made up some tags, but they all play assault and stick together reviving each other. Nice when you take out all of them with one frag.

Comment

Good job mate it goes back to the saying, its over til its over.

Comment

Did a 100 m headshot with Morretti on Port Bavaria today... the guy was running sideways and I didn't actually expect to hit... that felt so sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
                    These three guys have shown up on our Gib server recently. I don't know if they are an actual clan or just buddies that made up some tags, but they all play assault and stick together reviving each other. Nice when you take out all of them with one frag.

Oh yeah, them. Grimmeh is one hell of a crack shot with that Baur, if you've played against him.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Had a couple of good Pilum shots, one of the most fun guns to use on infantry..

First one was staged but me and a mate were testing the Pilum's limits, I was on the top of command centre(?) on cerbere and my mate was down at the PAC base on one of the buildings. Took a few random shots at each other and after some perseverance my mate managed to hit me while I was standing on the top of command centre. Wish I had it on battle recorder. Tried to do it for a while longer after that first hit but couldn't manage it a second time

Second was also in a local server and I had a shot at my mate parachuting down from the titan, it's not easy when you consider you have to aim lower to cater for the time the Pilum takes to get to it's target, with him constantly falling with the parachute. I managed to hit him first shot and couldn't really believe it.

I don't like armor really, but Engy is turning into one of my favourite kits to use, I find the SMG to be quite powerful close range, and with MM's and EMP's to sort out the cars and walkers, it's a good combination on Gibraltar!

Comment

Shot a gernade in the air with the Rouch once, pretty cool to see it explode in mid-air. The following gernade got me tho'.

The one I remember most, I was sniping from a crane. The Squad leader left and I guess I was next in line. My guys just started spawning in on my location. An enemy ran between two water tanks trying to flank our team and I couldn't get a shot off. Tossed a gernade that landed perfectly right between the two water tanks and exploded, sending the enemy flying through the air. One of the guys in the squad saw it and mentioned over voice that it was a nice toss. I was a bit suprized that he was there right next to me, not knowing I had become the squad leader. I replied over voice, "i'm just glad someone else saw it too". Kinda goofy, but it's the one gernade toss I remember most.

Comment

I got 10 kills with one nade once :|: Wasn't even in the titan, I was playing on a 64 man Gibraltar and just threw one seemingly randomly... My best weapon was the grenade, 10 kills 100% Accuracy.

I didn't have any good frags today, I actually haven't played 2142 in three days now...

Comment

Haven't played much today that wasn't clanmod, but the best one was chasing a high ranked gunship pilot out of the air, he bailed, parachuted and pilum'ed my gunship whilst I was spinning around priming a TV missile, I bailed, we parachuted at the same time, landed at the same time.

Needless to say I pwned his *** with a malkov? lols.

That or going on an impromptu knifehunt to get somtham, and well before knifing, force-feeding him 2 tv missiles to the face.

Comment

Playing Highway Titan, I was heading to Silo 3 from silo 2 in a Tiger. The enemy titan was stationed at the base behind Silo 2 so I knew that all the dropships were gonna be flying over my head (most of the time) and having been 3/4 of the way through the round, I knew of the teams obvious ramming player. I knew I had to watch my back because this guy obviously didn't care for his K/D ratio. I spun my turret around to see the dropship appearing through the fog and set my shot..........I waited until he was probably 20 or 30 meters by game standards away from my tank and let loose my shot to watch the tattered remains of his ship fall at my feet. +3 kills because I guess he had a crew aboard. I could almost feel his confidence that he was gonna hit me. I love lulling people into a false sense of security just to rip it away. :evil:

Comment

Working...
                              X