unlock rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
    wait.... you can use another soldiers kit? wow- i had no idea. *runs from room in embarrassment*
    :laugh: Yep. You've probably noticed them in the game already and just didn't realize it... after a guy's body fades away, his kit is left behind for a little while, looks like a backpack with the symbol of his class on it. Just get next to it and hit the 'G' key to swap whatever kit you currently have for it. You can do this BEFORE the body fades away as well. It can be a bit of a potluck - you might get a kit with goodies selected that you really don't want (because, let's face it... the inconsiderate puke probably didn't consult you before making his kit selections), but it's a good way to play with items you don't already have unlocked for youself. Plus, if it's not something you want to really use after getting a look at it, just hit 'G' again and get your own kit back.

about the engineer thing, i think im going to use my next unlock on MM, then the personal ones. but then again, another clip for my SMG or pistol would be nice. for the past 3-4 days i have mostly played camp g, and have been getting really good results from it than i do from other maps.
    I've chosen the first 3 soldier unlocks first (grenades, stamina, and recovery) each time I started a new guy. Not terribly flashy unlocks, but ones that work on all 4 classes, regardless, so it's a good move, I think. Plus I simply can't stand not having stamina and recovery... sprint 10 feet then double over in exhaustion? No thanks!

After I get those three, I start working on kit unlocks.

If you're bound and determined to get MM or the extra clip before the soldier unlocks, I'd say get the MM first. It'll be more useful, especially when you consider whether or not you tend to live long enough to need an extra clip in the first place. I almost never do, between being resupplied by support guys and crates, or just plain getting killed and respawning in with a fresh load of everything.

Comment

Yes, get the personal unlocks first as Erhardt said. That is the best way to go. Also, you can get extra points by grabbing someones support kit, throwing down an ammo crate, and then picking up your assault kit again, (same thing with throwing down someone elses health kit). You get the ammo giving points while playing as assault and the other way around.

Comment

so should i get the extra clip or the MM?
        SMG allows you to do strafe-circling. If you have tonne load of FPS experience, you should be good at that, but given the spread of SMG in longer range and it's power decrease, it's not very useful. That's why most people unlock first three personal and then go for something else. The last two personal unlocks are really awesome. Three nades and anther sprint upgrade should give you some extra edge.

However, motion mines are just great, especially when you wisely put them out of sight from enemy. Extra clip might not be very useful for you at the moment, but MM will give up some sweet revenge. :evil:

Comment

alot of people say get the player abilities, i reckon go for a kit you really like, mine was assault and i have most of my game time as it.

Comment

Also, stick with squads initially. Find a good squad and you'll get all kinds of additional squad points, you'll have a better chance of surviving, plus you'll get squad based unlocks that you try the unlocks out be fore you commit to them permanently.

Comment

if you do well with an engineer kit on camp G, you should do way better with the other three kits there. that map only has one vehicle per team to take on, and your friendly walker will just find a supply crate. so, join a squad, pick up your scar-krylov and see how it goes. if you like it, your next 2 unlocks should be defib and herzog

Comment

ya, i kinda figured that ^^^ from the beginning. i played engineer only a few times on camp g, and that was when we were all pinned down by an EU walker. other than that, engis suck at camp g.

Comment

ya, i kinda figured that ^^^ from the beginning. i played engineer only a few times on camp g, and that was when we were all pinned down by an EU walker. other than that, engis suck at camp g.
                  There were a few rounds that I did fairly well with EU engineer kit on Camp Gibraltar. One trick is to spawn fast at initial stage and mine at toll booth. The probability of some PAC die from you mine is quite high. Engineer on PAC side is not very useful. EU walkers can be taken down by EMP/orbital combo, railgun and RDX bunny hoppers. There are advanced skill such as pilumage and anti-infantry rocket. I never try it and am not familiar with those, though I did pilum infantry from time to time. Those are OSK and none-revivable. If you have all engineer unlocks plus personal unlocks, SMG run-n-gun can be fun. Just remember that your SMGs are no match to assault rifles in mid-range, but are equal in close range, and allow you strafe-circling, which is something assaults can't do as well due to spread of their weapons. SMGs will fail you engaging support at any range but CQB, which SMG owns them. Nades are important, because it gives engineer some "fair play" in mid range against assault and support. However, if you survive long enough with engineer in Camp Gibraltar and find there is no need for engineer (choke points mined, no walker and FAVs), you'll eventually get a kit from support or assault.

Comment

does the assault lines pin count as a NS award? i just got it and yet no unlock.

Comment

i thought not. ive received it to w/o unlock.

Comment

Apparently hooahguy's stat shows that he's been improving recently.

Comment

lol. thanks. i just got the combat efficiency badge by owning everyone on titan Suez with an EU tank. 12 kills in a row!
                          it was great!

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy
                            does the assault lines pin count as a NS award? i just got it and yet no unlock.
                            Actually that's the one NS award that does NOT give you an unlock (which makes sense, since you can earn it multiple times... you'd theoretically be able to unlock everything without any other awards/ranks if you could). I think you get a few career points off it, but no unlocks.

Comment

lol. thanks. i just got the combat efficiency badge by owning everyone on titan Suez with an EU tank. 12 kills in a row!
                              it was great!
                              Ahh still remember my first 10 kill streak... Memories...

Comment

it was pretty cool how i did it, since i got close to death after first 2 kills (dumb gunship), and my assistant gunner bailed on me, so i was like "f- you!" and got another 10 kills after i repaired the damage. even after i got destroyed by a swarm of motion mines, i bailed before it blew up, but got nailed by a sniper.
                                oh well.

later, on camp g, i got really close (9 kills) by camping out with my trusty krylov in an alley, with an ammo hub somone graciously provided me, and picked off EU soldiers as they went by, as well as bombarding them with nades until they caught on and rained nades on me

its pretty funny, because if i dont play in a few hours, and begin again, i usually die at least 5-8 times with only a few kills, but once i get further or, i get many more.

Comment

Working...
                                X