unlock rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unlock rant

so apparently, the only way to get awards is through getting new ranks and awards on NS. thats annoying. there are about 44 ranks i think? and how many unlocks? anyhow, how are you supposed to get more unlocks without getting a new rank? its so annoying how they did that.
    /rant

If you want to see annoying, go play BF2. Some of the ranks have thousands of points between them. And all you get is a new gun.
    The unlock system in 2142 is much better. It takes less points to go up a rank, and there are more toys with play with. It's like a reward for your hard work ranking up.
    I'm looking at your stats now, and you're right where you should be. It's frustrating at first, but when you start meeting the requirements for some of the badges and ribbons, the points will start rolling in. Or if you want to go quicker, play Titan maps, be an engineer, and just constantly man the guns.

Comment

How about you just start your own rant thread instead of filling the main forum with bitches and complaints...errr, "Rants."

And this thread is pointless, because you obviously want it all instead of putting your time in and getting the unlocks just like everyone else has. Though let me play a tiny violin for you and apologize that you don't get all the unlocks when you just start playing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpLiTz
        How about you just start your own rant thread instead of filling the main forum with bitches and complaints...errr, "Rants."

And this thread is pointless, because you obviously want it all instead of putting your time in and getting the unlocks just like everyone else has. Though let me play a tiny violin for you and apologize that you don't get all the unlocks when you just start playing.
        sounds like someone didnt get a sh8g last night lol:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke View Post
          If you want to see annoying, go play BF2. Some of the ranks have thousands of points between them. And all you get is a new gun.
          The unlock system in 2142 is much better. It takes less points to go up a rank, and there are more toys with play with. It's like a reward for your hard work ranking up.
          I'm looking at your stats now, and you're right where you should be. It's frustrating at first, but when you start meeting the requirements for some of the badges and ribbons, the points will start rolling in. Or if you want to go quicker, play Titan maps, be an engineer, and just constantly man the guns.

i stopped playing BF2 becaus eof that too annoying and not much fun so compared to 2142 it was a much needed improvement.

Comment

well considering not much else goes on in this forum, i may as well start bitching to keep things interesting.
            EDIT: well, about the engineer thing, its quicker to play camp g than titan. i get about 15-25 points a game on camp g but only at most 15 on titan. if you look at the time and kills i have with each kit, you will see how i have more kills with assault than with engineer, and only 6 1/2 hours as assault and over 19 hours with engineer.
            so if you want points, go with assault in camp g!

Comment

you can actually get good points on any map or any gametype. It's all how you play. If you are focusing on kills then you are not going to get as many points as doing other things such as, capping flags/silo's, supporting your teammates with supplies/healing, and repairing anything you can. Combined the team related actions with killing and you will rack up big points no matter where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                you can actually get good points on any map or any gametype. It's all how you play. If you are focusing on kills then you are not going to get as many points as doing other things such as, capping flags/silo's, supporting your teammates with supplies/healing, and repairing anything you can. Combined the team related actions with killing and you will rack up big points no matter where you are.
                Totally agreed. Playing support in Camp Gibraltar is also a good way to get points. Just find some place where a lot of spam is going on, and throw a supply box there, then you can sit in a quiet place and wait for points to come in. Though playing support initially without unlocks usually is the guaranteed way to get bad KDR.

Engineer is good on Titan and vehicle-heavy maps. However, engineer is kind of hard without unlock. The best way seems to be whore vehicles when you have no top unlocks. Get a defuser first no matter what people say it's useless. It isn't, though MMB is much useful in tense combat.

However, I found that only personal unlock is important. Once you have them all, try kit-switching during the game and you'll find some neat kits out there. I just started the forth soldier a few days ago and had a round doing that. Boy that was fun. No unlocks? Hell with it, just grab other's kit and there you are. I ended up playing most the round using Voss (there are so plenty of them).

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
                  so apparently, the only way to get awards is through getting new ranks and awards on NS. thats annoying. there are about 44 ranks i think? and how many unlocks? anyhow, how are you supposed to get more unlocks without getting a new rank? its so annoying how they did that.
                  /rant
                  Ranks and NS awards work pretty well as unlock criteria, I'd say. Rank up, get a new toy. Get an NS award, get a new toy. What's so hard about that? It's not like you have to move the planet to rank up or anything. Half the time I got a rank without even realizing it was due again, up until maybe the last 5 ranks. And you pretty much can't help but trip over the NS awards. The only NS award I don't have is the ribbon for 5 run downs with the speeder, but that's only because I don't like driving it. If I ever get the itch to be a completist and get it, it'll be a snap.

What other kind of criteria would you suggest for determining when you get an unlock?

Comment

well, heres the thing. there are 50+ unlocks, and only 44 ranks, and a few more NS awards. i would definitely suggest that certain non-NS awards merit unlocks as well (cant think of any right now)
                    EDIT: look people, i know i sound spoiled nd such, but i notices most people posting here are high-ranked. speaking as someone who got the game 2 weeks ago, and only about 11 unlocks. when im on the battlefield, i seem really inadequate to some of my teammates, who have voss's, baur's, and ganz's. maybe you people dont have that feeling, but im sure many other noobs like myself feel that way.

Comment

well, heres the thing. there are 50+ unlocks, and only 44 ranks, and a few more NS awards. i would definitely suggest that certain non-NS awards merit unlocks as well (cant think of any right now)
                      EDIT: look people, i know i sound spoiled nd such, but i notices most people posting here are high-ranked. speaking as someone who got the game 2 weeks ago, and only about 11 unlocks. when im on the battlefield, i seem really inadequate to some of my teammates, who have voss's, baur's, and ganz's. maybe you people dont have that feeling, but im sure many other noobs like myself feel that way.
                      Mmmm..... You have chosen to climb up the ranks through one of the hardest way: engineer. I would suggest you to stay away from infantry maps such as Cerbere, Berlin and Gibraltar and focus on NS maps, Titan mode and other vehicle dominated maps. The problem I see is that you still need to learn the mechanics of this game, not more unlocks. From your stat, it seems to me that you died too much from nades, sentry, RDX and APM. You also die too much from vehicles and not whoring them enough. Check my current soldier for comparison: http://www.2142-stats.com/GunnDiode+stats.html

Yes, I do have a BG rank soldier with all gold badge for each class. So I know enough how other classes operates.

You need to:

1. Be sneaky.
                      2. Be cunning.
                      3. Be chicken.
                      4. Be patient.

You also need to learn:

1. Strength and weakness of each class.
                      2. Strength and weakness of each unlock.
                      3. Strength and weakness of each play style.
                      4. Strength and weakness of each vehicle.

And remember:

1. Do not rush into combat without analyzing the situation.
                      2. Do not stand in the middle of the road without cover.
                      3. Do not cap flag or silo without backup.
                      4. Do not stop moving.
                      5. Do not follow people around without knowing what they are up to.

Although some people say the longer you play, the better you'll be. Yes, just to some degree. There's a lot of things you need to learn to excel, and unlocks can give you only || <- that much edge. Just read this forum and see what kind of techniques those über players complain most. They die from those tricks a lot, and that's why they complain. If it doesn't work, they won't bother to mention it. Please note that some techniques are in gray area, such as pod surfing, jeep jihading and RDX bunny hopping, and some servers ban those things.

IMHO you need to spend your next few unlocks on personal unlocks. Class unlocks can be picked up during the game. The next three personal unlocks are extremely important to engineers.

Comment

I understand where you're coming from, believe me. We all started out with no unlocks, and most guys have started 2nd or even 3rd soldiers. I'm working up a new guy now myself so I say with fresh, current experience... just grit your teeth and get through it. If you play well enough, the points and awards that give points and awards that give unlocks will start flowing soon enough, and you can start unlocking more stuff permanently.

In the meantime, don't be shy... pick up a dead soldier's kit and use their unlocks. Not like those are hard to come by in the game.

Comment

wait.... you can use another soldiers kit? wow- i had no idea. *runs from room in embarrassment*
                          about the engineer thing, i think im going to use my next unlock on MM, then the personal ones. but then again, another clip for my SMG or pistol would be nice. for the past 3-4 days i have mostly played camp g, and have been getting really good results from it than i do from other maps.

Comment

wait.... you can use another soldiers kit? wow- i had no idea. *runs from room in embarrassment*
                            about the engineer thing, i think im going to use my next unlock on MM, then the personal ones. but then again, another clip for my SMG or pistol would be nice. for the past 3-4 days i have mostly played camp g, and have been getting really good results from it than i do from other maps.
                            The default kit switch key is 'G'.

Don't worry, that took me a month to figure it out.

Comment

so should i get the extra clip or the MM?

Comment

Working...
                              X