bf2 collection or SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 collection or SF?

hey everyone,i was just wondering what you guys thought about this.i have bf2,but i would like to be able to unlock the 2nd tier weapons.so my question is,my local game stop doesnt JUST have special forces,they just have the collection.is the collection worth getting? i mean is armored fury,and Europe U that good?or should i just wait and just find special forces?thx.

well af is pretty good but it is very hard to find a good populated server. ef is ok but it is very dead and un original. i have the complete collection and im not regretting it but some people beg to differ.

Comment

well, i have BF2 and the the SF version. There are a good amount of populated servers on SF and its pretty cheap. Its up to you but ive heard from many people that the 2 other expansion packs are dead and unplayed. And if you dont want to buy any of them and unlock the other guns you can just get someone to play on the SF expansion pack for you. (somebody that you can trust obviously)

Comment

I got the collection and wish i didnt, no Australian EF servers, along with AF so i just brought it back (it was still on my computer).

Comment

alright well thx for the replys guys,ill probably just see if i cant find Special forces by itself and get that.after reading some posts on here,im kinda glad i didnt buy the collection because ofall the trouble people have with it,and since u guys said AF and EF are basically dead and unplayable looks like ill just be gettin SF.thx again.

Comment

I miss AF! LEt's bring it back! protest on your driveway for admins to start rotating AF maps!

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock View Post
              I miss AF! LEt's bring it back! protest on your driveway for admins to start rotating AF maps!
              yeah i agree!

Comment

Ive played SF for about 1-2 hrs only becuase my clan was having games there at one stage.
                But i have a fair few with AF and UF. Mainly because the server i play them on do both AF and UF

Comment

I got collection but it never worked to install..

Comment

Originally posted by Idaeus View Post
                    I got collection but it never worked to install..
                    How odd... Can you find the seperate folders for each booster pack under your EA folder? Also, you know that they aren't a seperate game. To basically sum it all up, they pretty much just add maps, new character models, and weapons to your orginal BF2 copy... Open bf2 and see if you can find any new maps. Just try SP first.

btw, I also got the collection and I was wondering if SF would be worth it to buy and if there were any strong reccomendations for or against it? As it seems, it is the most popular booster pack and the most played... am I right? should I go out and buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by Deflex View Post
                      btw, I also got the collection and I was wondering if SF would be worth it to buy and if there were any strong reccomendations for or against it? As it seems, it is the most popular booster pack and the most played... am I right? should I go out and buy it?
                      It's an expansion pack and actually a very different game. The grapple hooks, zip lines and tear gas add a whole new dimension to the gameplay. That's probably why it's more popular than the booster packs which just add weapons, vehicles and maps.

Comment

Originally posted by sLuRbLe View Post
                        It's an expansion pack and actually a very different game. The grapple hooks, zip lines and tear gas add a whole new dimension to the gameplay. That's probably why it's more popular than the booster packs which just add weapons, vehicles and maps.
                        Yeah, I know it's an expansion pack and I've seen trailers of SF gameplay and your pretty much right. From what I've watched, well... you pretty much summed up Special Forces, as far as I can tell, but I never played the game and it sounds like you probably have. It looks cool.

It looks pretty neat but I'm just wondering if it's worth picking up because I got the BF2 collection and altogether it wasn't much and I've only had the privillage of finding a server that played Armored Fury or Euro Force or possibly both maybe less than 10 times... And it wasn't populated either... :dead:

Besides, I'm kind of saving up for Battlefield: Bad Company (JUNE 2008 BABY! - CANNOT WAIT!) :yay: and possibly some other games that will be coming out the remainder of this year.

Comment

Yes I've got almost as many hours in SF as I do in vBF2.

Seeing as though you're saving up for other games, I'd only recommend you buy SF if you desperately want the tier 2 unlocks, or if you're getting a bit bored of vBF2.

Comment

Working...
                          X