Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tiny game design niggles, that you have to put up with!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*CTDs too often
    *tank shells not registering hits on FAVS and walkers
    *retarded jumps that only go halfway and retarded obstacle maneuvering
    *Talon magically evading all of doragon's missiles still
    *grenades not doing damage if you release it as you die

all these immovable and indestructible objects and non-interactive environment. i can't wait for frostbite dx where you can supposedly blow up holes in the ground and change your environment. i hope that means crates move and light posts become destructible. anyone remember the game Red Faction? i used to love blowing holes in the walls and hiding out inside.

Comment

ya, i really want destructible environments like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has. in GRAW you can blow up cars and flowerpots, and shatter windows. its fun......

Comment

I bet BF3 will offer a much more next gen gaming experience than BF2142 is offering now. Battlefield Bad Company is an example of the beautiful things to come i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
          *CTDs too often
          *tank shells not registering hits on FAVS and walkers
          *retarded jumps that only go halfway and retarded obstacle maneuvering
          *Talon magically evading all of doragon's missiles still
          *grenades not doing damage if you release it as you die

all these immovable and indestructible objects and non-interactive environment. i can't wait for frostbite dx where you can supposedly blow up holes in the ground and change your environment. i hope that means crates move and light posts become destructible. anyone remember the game Red Faction? i used to love blowing holes in the walls and hiding out inside.
          i remember that on red faction, blast from the past:laugh:

Comment

I used to play Goldeneye on N64 all the time when I was young. I could beat every level in that game without even thinking about it, so I would do things like hunt down every last guy on the map and run around destroying every box, piece of glass, tv screen, computer console possible. Developers need to understand that we gamers love our destructible environments! We love you Crytec.

Comment

also, when a vehicle blows up, i think the burning hulk should stay for a while. same goes with bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
                I used to play Goldeneye on N64 all the time when I was young. I could beat every level in that game without even thinking about it, so I would do things like hunt down every last guy on the map and run around destroying every box, piece of glass, tv screen, computer console possible. Developers need to understand that we gamers love our destructible environments! We love you Crytec.
                I still have nightmares of protecting Natalya while she works on the computers in Cuba only to have her die and make me go through that whole level again. Ugh. :dead:

Then there was the times she would run back ON to the train as it was blowing up. 'Wait, Bond, I forgot my hairbrush BRB.' :shakehead

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by hooahguy View Post
                  also, when a vehicle blows up, i think the burning hulk should stay for a while. same goes with bodies.
                  There would be way to much clutter on the battlefield for that. Could you image the pile of bodies going up the right side of camp g form the pac base.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil. View Post
                    There would be way to much clutter on the battlefield for that. Could you image the pile of bodies going up the right side of camp g form the pac base.
                    What a sight that would be, eh? =P You'd be able to prone and hide among the bodies and be all sneaky like that. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
                      What a sight that would be, eh? =P You'd be able to prone and hide among the bodies and be all sneaky like that. =P
                      Not only that - imagine the revive score you could get if the body pile was your own team? :laugh:

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LN7wJ0kZ8I[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS2PZM-3i6M[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTSRAX8h280[/media]

red faction's geo-mod. damn that was an awesome game.

Comment

Not being able to fire when you drop into the Titan vent!

Having to change the ****in map scale every five seconds - I have one scale ****in leave it as is!

On Highway, as SL. You're icon covers half the minimap, can't see ****!

The death screen doesn't clear when you're revived. You're alright pal, now get back in there - oops i'm dead again!

Comment

Working...
                          X