Are you getting bored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you getting bored?

hi all just wanted to know how you feel about the game after played it for some time. Dont get me wrong i rly dont have nothing bad to say about this game but some how i m getting bored playing it. And i think IW could do more his best cmone this game sold millions and is the best played game at this moment. :|:

i find that if you play different games for about a week, you'll want to play CoD again and it will not bore you

Comment

im getting bored of sitting in the lobby cuz im from Australia

i would hate to see my ping on a pc version lol..

Comment

I think a lot of the people who get bored quickly are playing the same old servers and same old game-types over and over again. Frustration can also set in and not help the matter.

Try switching things up:
        - Hardcore/Softcore/Oldschool
        - servers with few players, and lots of players
        - try all the different game-types (TDM, DM, HQ, SAB, DOM, S&D (and CTF on modded servers)), don't just stick to one. Try servers that rotate their game-types with each map.
        - try playing custom map servers, some running special mods (AWE, +extreme, ACE, etc)
        - try using weapons, attachments, and perks that are totally different from your normal ones...and with that, try a different playing-style than you're used to, and give it time for you to get used to it.

It's very easy to get into a rut and start losing interest in this game (ie. playing 20-30 player TDM softcore ranked servers). When you mix things up, not only does the game's settings change, but more importantly, the type of players you meet and interact with often changes. Sometimes you can strike gold on a server that has no n00bs, but decently skilled mature players, and you can have a blast.

Comment

They just need to allow any custom maps on the servers, or just purge the ranking system altogether as with all the stats being client side anyway, this wouldnt affect it in if they made that change and not all people want to have to spend time installing mods everytime they connect to an unranked server...

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            I think a lot of the people who get bored quickly are playing the same old servers and same old game-types over and over again. Frustration can also set in and not help the matter.

Try switching things up:
            - Hardcore/Softcore/Oldschool
            - servers with few players, and lots of players
            - try all the different game-types (TDM, DM, HQ, SAB, DOM, S&D (and CTF on modded servers)), don't just stick to one. Try servers that rotate their game-types with each map.
            - try playing custom map servers, some running special mods (AWE, +extreme, ACE, etc)
            - try using weapons, attachments, and perks that are totally different from your normal ones...and with that, try a different playing-style than you're used to, and give it time for you to get used to it.

It's very easy to get into a rut and start losing interest in this game (ie. playing 20-30 player TDM softcore ranked servers). When you mix things up, not only does the game's settings change, but more importantly, the type of players you meet and interact with often changes. Sometimes you can strike gold on a server that has no n00bs, but decently skilled mature players, and you can have a blast.
            i agree whit you i do play on one server whit one mode (S&D) the problems that i have whit other mods is that evry singel minut some1 has airstrike or chopper it s like non stop airstrike and chopper fest. I love s&d because it s more tacticly and you dont see peapol just running around and shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n View Post
              the problems that i have whit other mod[e]s is that evry singel minut some1 has airstrike or chopper it s like non stop airstrike and chopper fest.
              Again, this is different when you try different servers. Specifically, try playing on servers with 16 total players or less (I actually find 10-12 to be best...5-6 players per team) and play some HC...because of the higher-damage/easier to die, you'll often find people playing more carefully/tactically on those servers. HQ and DOM are probably my favourite game modes...you still have "work" to do in completing the objective, but you don't have to rush in like a mad-man and fall prey to campers. You can take a bit of time and approach with caution.

Honestly, when you play on smaller servers with a good group of people, it's like a totally different game...no constant nade spam, or airstrikes/choppers, or half-a-dozen opponents spawning right behind you.

Comment

i am bored of it actually. the lack of communication, organization and the tiny map sizes all play a part in my boredom. its the same thing that happened with dod for me. both games have just about the most solid bullet physics around, but lack everywhere else. the most fun i probably ever had in a game was the dod para maps. maybe i would just have more fun if i played this game on round based servers.

Comment

I got bored of the game in just under 80 hours. And I rank COD4 as one of the most brilliant MP games ever. But how in the hell can it get boring so fast, its a mystery. For example, I could play BF2, just one map (Kubra, Oman or Sharqi) for hundreds of hours, if not thousands.

Comment

I agree with chris.I find no fault with cod4 but the lack of comunication just makes it seem like your just playing by yourself.

Comment

I'm getting a bit bored, samo samo maps, no teamwork whatsoever, I'm beginning to pine for BF2, then I think about the cone of fire nonsense, the bunny hopping, if vehicles are in, the constant TKing and griefing.

Thats when I checkout the FFoW forums and see whats up there.

I like CoD4 but in California I'm limited to the servers I can ping well on and their playing HQ for the most part, a game type I like though.

So I just don't play as much and am looking for that "BF2 killer" game, something modern but without the BS of BF2.

Comment

After playing for an extended period, I will get bored, unless playing on mods or custom maps.

That's when I switch to TF2, and sometimes, back again to COD4.

Comment

just play CoD4 until you get bored, then play a different game for a few days (BF2, TF2, etc) and then ull find ull be opening up CoD4 without even realising it and youll be playing it again! thats wat happened to me...

Comment

I get bored if I play it all the time too. So I play Bf2 and Bf2142 then play COD4 again and it's awesome!

Comment

i'm bored with COD4. I'm seriously thinking of giving it up. I don't know what i'll replace it with though.

The problem is the maps are too small. There are too few choke points and once you've played it a couple times you've done pretty much everything. Name pretty much any official map and i can tell you how it'll play out with about 90% certainty.

I've played soft core, hard core, S and D, sabotage, ffa, you name it. And it does mix things up but not enough. Regardless of the game type the maps play pretty much the same.

I know cod isn't battlefield but battlefield's maps are better. They are big enough that you can make flanking manouvers. You can take the path less traveled. You can do something truely suprising. What can you do in cod? Go left right or straight. And generally get grenade spammed snipped or camped.

In battlefield i have 600hours in my least favourite kit. I don't even have 600 hours total in cod and i'm looking for the next game.

Personally i think thats the main problem. The minimal use of voip is also a problem. And maps with too many people on them. Imho 24 players total is the nay for most maps otherwise it's even more repetitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X