Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel impelled to write a chopper thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel impelled to write a chopper thread..

I know this has been complained about before; but the popularity of the "do you use martydom thread" has compelled me to start this one.

Getting marty'd is something that really rarely happens to me, hardcore or softcore. It a bit of an annoyance but no more than a mosquito bite on the arm compared to the malaria that the helicopter produces.

I am not writing this as a victim. I've done my fair-share of murdering enough of the opposition; that my Infinity-Ward superiors deem my exploits to be rewarded by the fiery death of the helicopter.

So I got a notepad, and started making some notes. Well, not notes, just a tally. Guess what I found?

Regardless of game-type, the team that first gets the chopper in, usually wins. I kept a record over several game types, over several servers. Those who got the chopper in first, were most likely to win overall.

Astounding news? Not really. Imbalance? Probably. Airstrike is one thing. A one-off kill-zone on the map. Choppers? A wasp with a shotgun.

It really can turn the tide of battle the first to call it are usually those who can then repeat-call this beast of death.

It needs to go.

"Lol we're already good enough to get 7 in a row, let's get even MORE powerful!"

'nuff said.

Comment

Lets reward good players with stuff that makes them even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan View Post
        Lets reward good players with stuff that makes them even better!
        Yeah, let's do that... Let's make a request for IW to include some support with little bit more attitude to it.

How about like this,

3 kill streak = UAV
        5 kill streak = Airstrike
        7 kill streak = Helicopter
        10 kill streak = F-22(or F-16) dropping 2000lb JDAM

like so(contains harsh language):
        [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXyHPCxbOLI[/media]

How about that?

That would be really something in maps like Shipment. :laugh:

Comment

I think a fuel air bomb would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo View Post
            I think a fuel air bomb would be better.
            Too much WiC for you..

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
              Too much WiC for you..
              hehehe

Just call in a air to air strike.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo View Post
                hehehe

Just call in a air to air strike.
                That would work against the Helo from h3ll... But not for the infantry...

The Airstrike's carpet bomb could be replaced with good ol' Napalm..

[offtopic]there is nothing wrong with WiC. I was beta tester, and im just about ready to buy the full game. [/offtopic]

Comment

On topic- i think it is napalm in game?

Off topic-you should get,it's amazingly fun!

Comment

There is, and I kid you not, a new hack out there - continuous choppers. It was on Ambush, ranked server, and this one player kept calling in chopper after chopper, one after another. I was on the mounted MG on the USMC side, and I'd kill the helo after just a few seconds...moments later...another shows up from the same player. After 3 or 4 in a row, we started keeping track of the "___ killed ___" messages...choppers would come in from the same player without reaching 7 kills.

I normally don't participate in kick voting without a good reason, but it was satisfying to punt that guy. It was quite the experience. Hopefully this one isn't very widespread.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo
                      On topic- i think it is napalm in game?

Off topic-you should get,it's amazingly fun!
                      It's not napalm...

I'll quote wiki for this one.

Carpet bomb
                      Originally posted by wiki
                      The phrase carpet bombing refers to the use of large numbers of unguided gravity bombs, often with a high proportion of incendiary bombs, to attempt the complete destruction of a target region, either to destroy personnel and materiel, or as a means of demoralizing the enemy (see terror bombing). The phrase probably is intended to invoke the image of bombs completely covering an area, in the same way that a carpet covers a floor.

Initially, carpet bombing was effected by multiple aircraft, often returning to the target in waves.
                      Napalm
                      Napalm is the name given to any of a number of flammable liquids used in warfare, often jellied gasoline. Napalm is actually the thickener in such liquids, which when mixed with gasoline makes a sticky incendiary gel.
                      Here's what it does
                      Sometimes napalm victims die quickly. Those who do survive suffer 3rd degree burns, damaging the vascular dermis, and are generally in terrible pain and have huge scars all over their bodies. Victims who suffer 2nd degree burns from splashed napalm will be in significant amounts of pain, but it doesn't sear the flesh enough to destroy the nerves.[1]

"Napalm is the most terrible pain you can imagine," said Kim PhĂșc, a napalm bombing survivor known from a famous Vietnam War photograph. "Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius. Napalm generates temperatures of 800 to 1,200 degrees Celsius."
                      Carpet bomb looks the same as napalm but it ain't...

[offtopic]i know that WiC is lot's of fun..[/offtopic]

@Whiskey

That really sucks... Indeed we shall hope that this disease isn't widespread...

Comment

How about that?

That would be really something in maps like Shipment. :laugh:
                        Pshaw. I vote for this:
                        [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8joiS62js[/MEDIA]

Comment

I really hate to be the grammar nazi, but Impelled/Compelled is my pet peeve.

Impelled needs an object after it. I was impelled by this thread's title to grammar nazi.

Otherwise you need to use compelled. I felt compelled to act like a grammar nazi over this thread's title.

Compelled is especially perfect, since your tone is forceful - where as impelled denotes passivity.

*Twitches and goes back into his corner.*

I foresee my future Teaching English... and it's a sad - sad future indeed.

Comment

@Md2a

I vote for 57 mega ton bomb.

"The bomb was tested on October 30, 1961 in Novaya Zemlya, an island in the Arctic Sea. The 57MT-bomb exploded and a mushroom cloud with a height of 64km rose to the sky."

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I put up the link, coz i didn't want this whole thread be filled with video's

Comment

@Md2a

I vote for 57 mega ton bomb.
                              Whoah

Comment

Working...
                              X