X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch better for 360 users than PC?

according to fourtwozero's blog:

Hey Everyone –

Just as I called it, the Xbox 360 patch for Call of Duty 4 passed certification by the weekend, and started hitting consoles near you this morning. For those of you wondering what’s been changed, a full list of the newness is:

New Kill Cams - Everything that can kill you has a Kill Cam now. Grenades, Airstrikes, Claymores, C4, M203 Rounds, RPGs, anything. So jump online, get owned alittle and check them out. They’re awesome, especially Grenades and M203 shots that go across the map and through a window.

Host Migration - Host migration was added, so now when the host leaves you won’t get dropped back to your own lobby by yourself. Everyone will stay together. Host Leaves, everyone returns to lobby, selects next best host, and the game starts up again. No more re-inviting, re-partying up because a host ended the game.

Improved Sniper Accuracy - The Sniper rifle accuracy has been improved. No more, WTF? shots now. Your cross hair will be a better representation of where your shot will ultimately land. Try out a sniper class today, let us know how the new accuracy feels.

Improved ACOG Scope Accuracy - ACOG scopes accuracy on any weapon has been improved. Test it out, throw it on one of your classes and give it a go.

Upgraded Spectator Cam - Now when you’re a spectator you have the option to follow in 3rd person or 1st person. As well as rotate 360 degrees around the player you’re watching. Next time you’re dead in Search and Destroy and just watching your team mates do stuff you know you can do better, now do it in 1st person or rotate around them.

Quick Mute Option - Now you can easily and quickly mute players in-game or in-lobby without ever going through the Xbox Live blades. Just go to their gamertag on screen and hit ‘A’ to quick mute in lobby, or via the in-game scoreboard if playing. Quick. Easy. Salvation!

In addition to these feature additions there will also be:

Improved Network Performance For Larger Games - 18 player games now require more bandwidth to host, resulting in smoother performance for players.

Optimized Server Selection for First Match - Server selection is now optimized to select best bandwidth servers associated by LSP.

Fixed “Playlist Older Than Host” Error - Player will no longer get this error when entering games.

Additional Start Spawn Locations in All Maps - Added a minimum of 9 extra start spawns on each side of all maps.

Jump online, test out the new kill cams and features, and as always let me know what you think. We’re also going to be playing around with new playlists in the near future so I’ll keep you updated on those changes as they come.

Do you guys know if we already have that? or if we will ever get that?

Xbox i believe is a more important market, so this isn't surprising.

Comment

They probably are giving the same changes to Xbox 360 as the old patch for PC... with the supposed "fixes" for the ACOG and such.

Comment

The xbox actually had some big problems the PC did not. I think its more of a catch up thing than a XBOX = 1337 PC = teh suxzor thing.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

the killcam and the spectator cam sounds good....

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger6789 View Post
            the killcam and the spectator cam sounds good....
            yeah hope they will add this to pc version aswell because i play a lot of S&D

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
              Xbox i believe is a more important market, so this isn't surprising.
              I suspect it's the same basic code-base, so it shoudl theoretically be not much more work to do this for the PC at the same time.

My betting-dollar is the same kind of cams for the PC in the next patch, just not announced yet.

Comment

no its because xbox pay for maps and pc dont,

look at the update posted by IW xbox and ps3 get the new 'polished spit shine' maps, while PC get the best of the community maps, lets be honest, none of the community maps come close to the official maps in build quality.

secondly you can forget seeing all the popular well made port maps from other games since that would be infringing on coppyright and EA would be all over their asses especially with the BF2 ports.

in short, unless pc users are willing to part with £3 for 3 new maps then we are not going to get anything official any more.

Comment

i have one thing to say. we have a CONSOLE! we can make far more tweaks than any of the console uses can. we can chose wether to draw your gun or 2d huds. we can kick players in mid game, we don't have lobbies and we don't have lag. we get random mods which are all fun for about a day or too. xbox and ps3 don't get any of this epic stuff we get.

Comment

That Kill cam thing sounds awesome,

I'm worried about Patches for the PC now that Xbox is more important than the PC market, are we going to see as much support for our games as we used to?

Comment

PC is getting the new kill-cams (same as Console) as well as some other stuff in patch v1.6 (which is not far off). Here's the excerpt from fourzerotwo's blog:

As for the PC version, Patch 1.6 will be the one that introduces the new Kill Cams and other features the console feature patches received for you guys. The work is done on that patch and it’s essentially awaiting and going through internal QA here at Infinity Ward and then Activision. The good thing about the PC version is it doesn’t require any certification so as soon as it’s finished internal QA it heads out the door to the players. I will try to get a full list of what PC Patch 1.6 includes as I believe there are a few more PC specific things in there besides just the added Kill Cams and such.

Comment

Probably the fact that PC got the mod tools, so IW made the smart decision to give the console gamers (who would appreciate the new kill cams more probs) something first, before the pc users to make them feel valued.

Comment

Working...
                        X