X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraps + Ingame = 21Fps

Just like the titel say's
    I really get terrible Ingame lag of Fraps filming.. Hardly ungame-able
    Somebody have tips for me how i can make sure that i dont have so much lag ingame... Sorry For my bad language, I'm dutch and 15 so..:laugh:

i have the same problem thing is if you select 29.98 frames a second the game might lagg badly but the video doesnt my personal tip is play the game in medium or low. medium gives normal framerate 25 for more people and low will give 120 yes 120 without fraps filming

Comment

Try and fraps on 25 fps and half size.. will do good..
      if that doesnt work.. dont use fraps..!

Comment

Hmm Maybe it works. I Have everything fully high now, But the quality of the movie will suck then
        Thanks for your tip mukky. Will give it a try

Comment

WeGame是中国最大的PC游戏平台。我们致力于给玩家带来更多高品质游戏和更好游玩体验,为开发者和运营商提供全生命周期的游戏发行和运营服务。一起玩,才更好玩。

try using this instead of fraps it is less demanding and free.

Comment

Good tip drewsly, will try that 2. Thanks allot Mates.. Love it here xD

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsly View Post
              http://www.wegame.com/
              try using this instead of fraps it is less demanding and free.
              Actually, the WeGame recorder was more demanding. While recording my gunship video, I had to turn down my settings quite a bit to record at not so great quality. I recently tried out FRAPS, and I could play almost on max without a hit while recording. The WeGame recorder compresses video on the fly so it should be more demanding on your CPU.

I found a way to make recording less painful is to record to a second hard drive. In my case, I actually recorded to a RAM Drive so that there is no transfer rate bottleneck.

The WeGame files are also harder to work with, and the quality is pretty awful. If you download the full version of this video: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=143511, you can see the quality of it.

FRAPS videos are absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait til I have some time to make a video with FRAPS.

Comment

Has anyone come across a fraps problem while using it with BF2142 that results in the colors being off, and whatever is at the top of the screen being duplicated if vaguely at the bottom?

It works fine with other games, just not 2142.

Comment

Here is what helped me:
                  1: $200 Worth of RAM
                  2: $50 PSU
                  3: $300 8800GT

Sorry to say mate, but FRAPs is an EXTREMELY demanding program. The only way to boost performance is to boost your computer.

Comment

^^ what he said, upgrade, the best i would say would be a new processor and ram.

Comment

i have found that turning up the framerates in Fraps can help smooth out gameplay while using it. The down side is that your raw avi files will be larger. I will run Fraps at around 55-60 FPS and it seems to work pretty well. This was with a P4 3.2 and a 7800 GS AGP.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                        Here is what helped me:
                        1: $200 Worth of RAM
                        2: $50 PSU
                        3: $300 8800GT

Sorry to say mate, but FRAPs is an EXTREMELY demanding program. The only way to boost performance is to boost your computer.
                        I agree (just maybe not so expensive)

The only real way to get good performance and gfx with fraps is to upgrade your pc.
                        From the sounds of it, you're about due anyway for an upgrade.
                        Just getting a new card would probably be the best choice. (8800GT ftw!)

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
                          i have found that turning up the framerates in Fraps can help smooth out gameplay while using it. The down side is that your raw avi files will be larger. I will run Fraps at around 55-60 FPS and it seems to work pretty well. This was with a P4 3.2 and a 7800 GS AGP.
                          Wow, I'm looking at making a video soon and whenever I use fraps it drops to ~ 15 - 25 FPS. I've got a pretty similar system to you (P4 @ 3.2 and HD2600XT AGP) and to get any type playable performance I need to drop my settings right down.

(This is BF2 btw, but the same still applies)

May I ask, what settings are you running? Both ingame and in fraps?

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                            Wow, I'm looking at making a video soon and whenever I use fraps it drops to ~ 15 - 25 FPS. I've got a pretty similar system to you (P4 @ 3.2 and HD2600XT AGP) and to get any type playable performance I need to drop my settings right down.

(This is BF2 btw, but the same still applies)

May I ask, what settings are you running? Both ingame and in fraps?
                            i have a newer Pc now, but at the time i was running everything mostly medium with view distance at 100%. I think i might have had a couple of the lighting settings at low. I also had 2 gigs of ram and had zero background programs running.

When recording i think it might have dipped into the 30-40 FPs range with a FRAPs setting of 55-60. I know it sounds strange but raising the framerate in Fraps will help smooth out gameplay while recording.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus
                              I was actually considering trying this out for even smoother gameplay. I think this may have to do with FRAPS actually doing frame limiting when recording so recording at 30FPS will limit you to at most a 30FPS game.

Comment

Working...
                              X