Battle Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Recorder

How come when I go to the community tab and try to download one of the files it wont let me? Says something like file cannot be found...

Maybe the server where it was recorded deleted it from its cache or its bad configured.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac331 View Post
      Maybe the server where it was recorded deleted it from its cache or its bad configured.
      If it was from more than a day ago, chances are that it isn't saved anymore. Most servers only keep the previous 10-15 files before they are overwritten because of the amount of space they take up. If it won't let you download right after the round, then it isn't set up right by whoever runs the server. Go to their website and let them know so hopefully they can fix the problem. It is a little tricky to set up and most servers don't get it right the first time. (Took me a bit plus help from others to get ours configured right )

Comment

My clan leader FAILED at it, eventually we just asked our server provider (WOLF) to do it for us... We only have ours running on our unranked servers though.

Comment

If you got a good round and battlerecorder is on just download it as soon as the round is over I got some pretty good kills with battlerecorder on the other day and didn't download it

Comment

At MG we only keep the BR files for 24 hours and another thing it is a ****er to get set up. So when you finish a round dowload it right away.

Comment

If the server is hosted by rackage they have a public file area u can download files from. even if you were not in the game.

Rackage servers start with 193.93.

Comment

I had the same problem also found, sometimes it works, other times it doesnt

Comment

We have a huge host that we keep our files on so they are generally there for 1-2 months. If any of you have a problem with setting up your BR, send me a PM or e-mail me at Skates@nitefallbrigade.com and I'll help you out. If it wasn't for others helping me I probably wouldn't have ever got ours working right.

Comment

When I tried to download it, it was straight after a couple of rounds and it still didn't work...

Also, I wanna make my first 2142 video, so was wondering if you guys can give me some tips and what programs I would need to use. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Fraps, sony vegas is probally all you need to make a good vid.

Comment

Does sony vegas reduce the file size of the fraps videos? and is it easy to use?

Comment

Sony Vegas is an editor, it doesn't influence file sizes... You should use VirtualDub for that. Is vegas easy to use? Sure. You won't be doing anything fancy for your first video, but it is rather easy if you aren't to do anything fancy. Just play around with it for a bit, its not that hard to learn.

(Download the free trial, don't go off paying $400 for first time use)

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                            Sony Vegas is an editor, it doesn't influence file sizes... You should use VirtualDub for that. Is vegas easy to use? Sure. You won't be doing anything fancy for your first video, but it is rather easy if you aren't to do anything fancy. Just play around with it for a bit, its not that hard to learn.

(Download the free trial, don't go off paying $400 for first time use)
                            You can reduce the filesize with Vegas, if you have the codecs.
                            Just select the codec of your choice when rendering the scene and you can adjust the output filesize with the codec (DivX, XviD, ...).

Comment

I can help you shaz I am doing one for 2142 and BF2 ingame and BR

Comment

Working...
                              X