Best anti heli kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best anti heli kit.

I'm getting sick and tired of having my chopper shot down in seconds, yet my team happily ignore the enemy heli, and it always kills me. Time after time.

So now I want a little payback.

Most of my kits are useless against choppers. I mainly run supressed SMG's. Now I want to make a kit dedicated to shooting the bloody things.

Does Sonic Boom help with RPG's? Would it make my RPG's more dangerous against a heli? Or should I get an M60 with double tap or something?

There is nothing (not even grenade spam on Wetwork) that's as annoying as the steerable gun on the Hind. It is a bloody Mi-24P or HIND F. It has twin, FIXED cannons on the right hand side of the cockpit. Two 30mm cannons. You can even see them on the model. But somehow the heli can still shoot to the side, as if it has a turret mounted gun like the Cobra. GAH!

So, a little advice on shooting them down please.

KBK

M249 w/ stopping power? M203? They both work well. If you pack RPGs, any weapon should bring it down pretty quick after you hit it once.

Comment

Sonic Boom will not increase your rockets damage, dont use it if you plan on attacking choppers. Sonic Boom will increase the "lethal splash damage radius".

As for the kit. I suggest the machine gun with the highest DPS (damage per second).

And as for the Hind. My game has the Hind with a rotating cannon under the chin.

Comment

Most odd. I've never SEEN the turret cannon on the Hind. Only the twin booms sticking out the right side of the cockpit. But it shoots like it has the turret cannon.

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
          Sonic Boom will not increase your rockets damage, dont use it if you plan on attacking choppers. Sonic Boom will increase the "lethal splash damage radius".

As for the kit. I suggest the machine gun with the highest DPS (damage per second).

And as for the Hind. My game has the Hind with a rotating cannon under the chin.
          Metal gear solid mutch,

OT a lmg with stopping power

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback View Post
            Most odd. I've never SEEN the turret cannon on the Hind. Only the twin booms sticking out the right side of the cockpit. But it shoots like it has the turret cannon.

KBK
            I distinctively remember the Hind to have an odd looking cannon, as not just the barrels rotate, but some piece of equipment around it aswell.

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood View Post
            Metal gear solid mutch,
            If Jesus was alive, hed be called Solid Snake.

That is how awesome MGS is.

Comment

Yesterday I was playing Bog and I shot 1 RPG at the helicopter and then I finished it off with one clip from the Skorpion... Pretty good considering no one else was firing at the helicopter.

Comment

M60 w RDS
                Bandolier
                Sleigh of Hand
                Steady Aim

Not only will you have a powerful LMG with a high rate of fire, you will have ammo to protect yourself afterwords (because you will be exposed and the sound will attract attention) but you will be able to be sure to hit the heli and people.

I dont think I would waste a slot for the RPGs. It takes two to take down a heli and they are not reliable for a hit.

If you dont like the M60, you can replace it with the RPS, but the M60 is suppose to be more powerful, so it will take less to bring it down.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  M60 w RDS
                  Bandolier
                  Sleigh of Hand
                  Steady Aim

Not only will you have a powerful LMG with a high rate of fire, you will have ammo to protect yourself afterwords (because you will be exposed and the sound will attract attention) but you will be able to be sure to hit the heli and people.

I dont think I would waste a slot for the RPGs. It takes two to take down a heli and they are not reliable for a hit.

If you dont like the M60, you can replace it with the RPS, but the M60 is suppose to be more powerful, so it will take less to bring it down.

Crunch
                  I actually like my RPGs (although I don't have Cpt. to get Bandolier yet, otherwise I'd have that instead). It's also useful for getting rid of infantry down corridors, too. Getting RPG kills on players usually results in at least a "lol" on the server.

Comment

Any LMG does well against a chopper.

Always bring RPGs if you want to take it down seriously.

Sleight of hand for the LMG for quicker killing.

Third Perk can be anything you'd like.

Should make for a good chopper killing kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster
                      Sleight of hand for the LMG for quicker killing.
                      I think you mean double tap/stopping power

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder
                        Yeah, you never need more than one clip.

Comment

Not when you're using LMG's anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder
                            Maybe he was talking about time down when reloading. Quicker killing as in less time reloading?

But for taking out helis, ya double tap. And don't use double tap on the M60, it jumps ALL OVER and the spray is ridiculous. The RPD and SAW are way better

Comment

RPGs can be used for other things, thats true. And there is always a "lol" factor in them.

BUT, if you want to be sure of a heli getting taken down, you cant rely on the RGPs. What are you going to do when you miss? And you WILL miss at least one of the two shots.

Yes, some people get both shots on it, but not every time.

Just my advise if you want reliability. RPGs do a great deal of damage on them as well.

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X