Stats R lyfe no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats R lyfe no more

BF2HQ in game is showing everyone as a private. BF2Player shows everyone as a private. and BF2S wont update. is this the end of BF2 as we know it?

I'm having problems logging in. Either I get a database error, or after about 2 minutes of trying to connect it kicks me back to the login screen saving the connection has been closed. Hopefully, it's just a glitch.

Actually, according to BF2player, I don't exist...

Comment

I can't log-in either, so it looks like a system wide issue.

Comment

It sucks. I dont care about the stats, I just want to play. :shakehead

Comment

i cant log-in either it just takes 2 mins then says something about not being able to connect to server or whatever... I thought my BF ****edup guess its a common problem for everyone then... Any1 know whats going on?

Comment

Working normally again.

Comment

do you think in a few years or maybe till BF3 comes out, they will stop this system for bf2? I understand maybe they will stop the ranks, but will they stop awards or more importantly unlocks sometime?

or is there no danger of this happening do you think?

Comment

Ranks are coming to an end, maybe not immediately but it's defiantly in the future. EA is by far too greedy to allow the stats to carry on, although they have lasted longer than I would have expected.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
                  Ranks are coming to an end, maybe not immediately but it's defiantly in the future. EA is by far too greedy to allow the stats to carry on, although they have lasted longer than I would have expected.
                  does that mean if i dont unlock all my upgrades before then, i may not get to at all?

Comment

the other day that was happening to me..i just kept restartiing the game until it worked

Comment

Bf2142 was playing up to, couldnt connect and servers were LAAAAAAAAGGGYY

Just made more reasons to play CoD4

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Knight
                        does that mean if i dont unlock all my upgrades before then, i may not get to at all?
                        If EA ever turns off the master server and makes people play on unranked servers I think they would give everyone all the unlocks Would be weird if they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SyDuS View Post
                          BF2HQ in game is showing everyone as a private. BF2Player shows everyone as a private. and BF2S wont update. is this the end of BF2 as we know it?
                          hopefully

Comment

All working normal again, just played a few rounds.
                            I guess that when BF3 comes out they will need the BF2 stat server.
                            "MAYBE" they release a patch that will store your/our stats locally so we can still point whore and have even more stat hackers, lol.

FipZ

Comment

I really doubt that a stat server takes that much to maintain, TBH. Now if it were a game server like MMOs have, then perhaps, but a stat server just stores and streams info into and out of a database. I can't imagine that taking too much money or space to do that, especially since once BF3 comes out BF2 will probably only have ~2500 people (rough estimate) playing. Then again, who knows?

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                              X