BF2 The *****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 The *****

Ok so heres the scoop. BF2 IS infact a *****.

I recently bought a high end graphics card, new RAM, new everything list here:

Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 250 GB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
    Speakers/Headphones: 5.1 Surround Sound
    Keyboard: USB Root Hub
    Mouse: USB Root Hub
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build

So i turn on BF2 and crank it to its maximum settings, everything on high. The game jerked and jittered all over the place, i thought strange as im able to run these settings on BF2142 like a piece of cake.

So i ran the default settings, Joined the game, BF2 still jerked and jittered on minimal settings for my card!

Heres my line up now(The game is still a little ***** and still wont work prop):

Display Mode: 1024x768@70hz
    Terrain: High
    Effects: High
    Geometry: High
    Texture: High
    Lighting: Medium
    Dynamic Shadows: High
    Dynamic Light: High
    Anti-Aliasing: 8x
    Texture Filtering: High
    View Distance Scale: 100%

Overall, every other game i can run an the highest settings, come to BF2 and it just says no way fuzzy little man peach! Better yet its shut my PC down twice now with a critical error!

BF2 Great Game, Crap Engine! :cry:

need more ram 2gb for high

Comment

Originally posted by TopGun View Post
      need more ram 2gb for high
      Your frinkin me! the newest games can run fine & yet BF2 the 3 year old brawler needs more power :shock:

There's just no justice!

Comment

well engine got better with time..it makes sense

Comment

maybe there was a mistake in the installation...re install it..it should run..maybe the cd's scratched???

Comment

no i think the problem (most likely) is that your new video card is not supported, i am not sure which ones are, but check the list on EA's website for a full listing. good luck.

EDIT: maybe should move this into support section.

Comment

Have you updated drivers etc. etc.

Comment

You need 2gb ram. Simple.

Comment

Don't think its a problem with your graphics card, currently running the same one with no problems

As the other saids, upgrading to 2GB RAM should help you out a lot.

Comment

Ahh heres your problem, you need to ctrl-alt-delete out of BF2 once its loaded (before you log in), go to processes, select BF.exe and set affinity to just CPU 0 (uncheck the second one). BF2 doesnt support dual core processors. Hope i helped

Comment

Originally posted by SoXX View Post
                      Ahh heres your problem, you need to ctrl-alt-delete out of BF2 once its loaded (before you log in), go to processes, select BF.exe and set affinity to just CPU 0 (uncheck the second one). BF2 doesnt support dual core processors. Hope i helped
                      i will give that a go thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by SoXX View Post
                        that wont work because he has a Pentium 4. and thats not a dual-core. xp just thinks it is because of hyperthreading.
                        "Crunch's First Officer"
                        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I play Bf 2 on a

512... ****ty 5600fx card... plays perfect... and graphics seem reasonable ?

Comment

Moved to Support.

Comment

2gb ram helps. i dont see what else would be stopping you.

ive got two gb ram in my laptop with an nvidiacard of some description and i run everything on high with antialising on x4 with no problems whatsover.

Comment

Working...
                              X