X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardcore= No skill

There, I said it.

What I really wanted to say was "Hardcore sucks," but that wouldn't be fair because A LOT of people like it and I can still respect that. What I don't respect is when players start yapping about how it takes more skill than regular gameplay (aka softcore).

Here's what I figured out after playing it off and on for a couple months and trying sincerely to like it:

You barely need to aim... or at least aim with real accuracy. One, two, maybe three hits with some weaker weaps is all you need to kill anyone. So basically spray-and-pray tactics actually work. That isn't a good thing, in case you were wondering.

You really can just shoot through the walls and kill anyone. I grab my RPD on most maps, look for high traffic areas and fire every now and then through walls. Yay, free kills and I didn't even know if people were actually there. Can you do it in softcore too? Sort of, but most people have at least a split second to survive long enough to get away and toss you a nice, cooked nade present.

What does this all do to the flow of the game? IT SLOWS DOWN. Hardcore means if you get seen first then you die. So almost everyone is camping because nobody wants to be the first one to be seen. Oh, joy.

Now there are a few other gripes I have, but those are the main ones and I don't want any hardcore fans' eyes to start twitching and their blood pressures to go up. Like hardcore? Go on, defend it then. I want to know what I'm missing.

Comment

Spik3d, Spik3d, that the best you can do? And here I thought you were one of the smarter players in this forum.

On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen that pic before. So, thanks?

Comment

There's so much ignorance in the original post, that I found it fitting to post that. I can explain it if you need me to.

Comment

For once, I agree with your post Spik3d.

Go play regular mode then. Remember that when I knife you blind after you emptied a clip into me.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hardcore vs Regular has been discussed many times in many threads. Learn to search. This just seems to be another blatant attempt at trolling or flame-bait.

If someone doesn't like HC, then they don't have to play it...but there are enough people that liked this style of play in the past that IW decided to put it into COD4, and there are plenty of servers running it.

If it makes you feel superior to have more "skill" playing regular mode, good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
              For once, I agree with your post Spik3d.

Go play regular mode then.
              Crunch
              Did you even read my post? I've been playing both regular and hardcore. I just made observations. And btw, the thing I think takes some skill is not being able to rely on a minimap or ammo counter. But so many people use UAV Jam or silencer anyway that it isn't as big a deal as it is on a small to moderate sized game in regular. I use bandoleer occasionally or just look for dropped weaps so the ammo counter thing isn't too debilitating either.

Comment

I do have to agree when some camper watching a bomb site say with a rpd,and i move up to plant and he gets me then says how "1337" he is for waiting for em to advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                  Hardcore vs Regular has been discussed many times in many threads. Learn to search. This just seems to be another blatant attempt at trolling or flame-bait.

If someone doesn't like HC, then they don't have to play it...but there are enough people that liked this style of play in the past that IW decided to put it into COD4, and there are plenty of servers running it.

If it makes you feel superior to have more "skill" playing regular mode, good for you.
                  I don't think I'm a troll, but I do lurk a hell of a lot and, yeah, my original post could be considered baiting, I guess. I probably shouldn't have put "No" in my title, now that I think about it. Maybe, I should've said "Less?"

Anyway, I have read many of the threads here. Haven't heard/read anything that really addresses what I was talking about though.

And no, I didn't put up my argument because of any superiority/inferiority issues. Everyone should play whatever they like. I was though hoping a serious hardcore player could rebut what I said.

Comment

You'd really hate real war then.

Comment

SOFTCORE IS BETTER THAN HARDCORE

PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
                        You'd really hate real war then.
                        Doesn't everybody?

OK, Patton said he loved it too much and it was good that war was terrible or he'd do it too much (paraphrased).

Anyway, what's your point?

Comment

In real wars, we won't get prone blocked. In real wars, we won't be called a bunny hopper and get banned for it. So can we leave out the "in real life" aspect out of a VIDEO GAME?

Answer this question. If you prefer hardcore, what games do you prefer? Battlefield? Unreal Tournament? America's Army? Counter Strike?

What about those who prefer softcore?

BTW: Spiked, I thought your post was more ignorant than Babymax

Comment

To each his own, but HC does not take more skill than "softcore".
                            I prefer all kinds of games- AA, UT, ArmA, RO, Ins, Quake etc

Comment

Agreed; the search function is your friend.

Locked.

Comment

Working...
                              X