Gathering of the Generals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gathering of the Generals

screenshot is taking a reeeeeally long time to load.

Comment

I can hear someone screaming TEAMS! in that screenshot.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

lol i havent heard that term in a while. *thinks back to old cs days*

Comment

wow, 25 and 0, with a ping of 218 ...thats amazingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by daliup View Post
            Every single 4 start I've seen was, G35E medic, J10, Spawn camping tank/or support and anything that's easy.
            What's your problem?

Just because you play io karky and wake island 24/7 does not mean every person with a star or more in there rank is what you claim.

a) Whats wrong with using a G36E? I don't understand why people cry about it. Do you see people in SF playing against the SAS yelling "OH YOU G36E NOOB!!"?

b) Well if your on the chinese team, is there another jet you could recommend us to fly? "US" by meaning of anyone and everyone who reads this.

c) Spawn camping where? Was it at the hotel in karkand? If it was something equivalent to the karky hotel then thats your own fualt and don't complain. As for uncaps, if thats what the server allowes and your joining it then you accepted that, instead now your here implying that someone who has the top 4 rank is just a stat padder.

But personally, don't get me wrong here about spawn camping uncaps, I don't like it. However, sometimes it happenes and when it does, I like to bring out the knife and shock paddles more than the lead provided I even venture in there myself. Usually I sit in between the cloest flag and there uncap waiting for a sniper shot because I know the feeling of being camped on the uncap all to well and its frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
              What's your problem?

Just because you play io karky and wake island 24/7 does not mean every person with a star or more in there rank is what you claim.
              I hardly ever play I/O, only once in a while. And I need to play some Wake again, thanks for reminding me.

a) Whats wrong with using a G36E? I don't understand why people cry about it. Do you see people in SF playing against the SAS yelling "OH YOU G36E NOOB!!"?
              It's not only G35E, it's the medic kit too, every 1-4 star I have seen is a medic (ofcourse, other lower ranks play that too, but there's a mix, and lower rank people use different kits) but when it comes to Generals, all I see is a G35E medic whore 99% of the time. I hardly ever see one using any other kit, other than Engineer when they are in tanks.

Well if your on the chinese team, is there another jet you could recommend us to fly? "US" by meaning of anyone and everyone who reads this.
              And again, I see them fly the J10, next round when the sides change, they: 1) don't fly. 2) switch back to to get their J10. 3) Leave the server. I hardly ever see 1-4 stars players using any 'weaker' jets/kits.

c) Spawn camping where? Was it at the hotel in karkand? If it was something equivalent to the karky hotel then thats your own fualt and don't complain. As for uncaps, if thats what the server allowes and your joining it then you accepted that, instead now your here implying that someone who has the top 4 rank is just a stat padder.
              Yeh, it does happen on Kark, and every 1-4 star I see is spawn camping, and using any other cheap tricks/methods to gain points. - And I'm not complaining, I'm just saying what I see 99% of the time when it comes to 1-4 stars players.

I do not join servers that allow baseraping.

and, I am not implying that they are 'stat-padders' - but when most the time I see them doing all of what I've mentioned, you know how they got their ranks, by using cheapest methods to gain the most points. And to me, their rank looses all credibility.

But personally, don't get me wrong here about spawn camping uncaps, I don't like it. However, sometimes it happenes and when it does, I like to bring out the knife and shock paddles more than the lead provided I even venture in there myself. Usually I sit in between the cloest flag and there uncap waiting for a sniper shot because I know the feeling of being camped on the uncap all to well and its frustrating.

Anyways, I'm not complaining, or anything... I'm just saying what I see most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by daliup
                It's not only G35E, it's the medic kit too, every 1-4 star I have seen is a medic (ofcourse, other lower ranks play that too, but there's a mix, and lower rank people use different kits) but when it comes to Generals, all I see is a G35E medic whore 99% of the time. I hardly ever see one using any other kit, other than Engineer when they are in tanks.
                I'm AT, followed by sniper, then medic
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
                  I'm AT, followed by sniper, then medic
                  i checked the stats no bs. i respect a good sniper

Comment

Screen shot wont load for me

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                      Screen shot wont load for me
                      i takes ages cause its such a large file. i assumed that it had been deleted, but it loaded up as i finished reading the last post on the first page

Comment

Originally posted by daliup
                        So? That is such a bias view. Just because I'm a 3star and I choose to play medic I'm going to get called "stat pusher"? Ok maybe not called but you imply it. The medic kit is a great all around kit in most maps. Just because they have one or more stars doesn't mean they have to play other kits.

And I disagree with that statement. I see more general ranked people with the RPK than a G36E.

Engineer for tanks is a smart idea too, doesn't take a general to figure that one out.

I also have I think 120+ hours in every kit. I like to use different kits depending on the action and gameplay of the server and more than anything, my mood. I said it above already, medic is a good all around kit and especially in IO servers.

And again, I see them fly the J10, next round when the sides change, they: 1) don't fly. 2) switch back to to get their J10. 3) Leave the server. I hardly ever see 1-4 stars players using any 'weaker' jets/kits.
                        This is one of the reasons why I personally stopped playing wake island. So they are a J10 jet wh0re. A lot of people are.

This is what I've noticed about wake island jet wh0ring:

1) high ranked players almost never die in the J10 2) High ranked players on usmc using F35's will work very hard to get the J10s out of the air (provided they are experienced enough) and after that, just rape the china air field. 3) Or maybe they jump in the cobra.

I personally try to grab the F35 in the start of a fresh round and take out the J10 and/or at least the Z10 in one run. Then I bail and grab the tank and cap it.

I wont disagree with you about the J10 though. There is no skill in killing people there.

Yeh, it does happen on Kark, and every 1-4 star I see is spawn camping, and using any other cheap tricks/methods to gain points. - And I'm not complaining, I'm just saying what I see 99% of the time when it comes to 1-4 stars players.
                        Perhaps the reason you notice them better is because there rank is not as frequent or its more shiney and bling bling than the corporal's rank. But then again, who doesn't use a trick/method to gain points? The whole idea of warfare is not to have a fair fight but an advantage of some sort.

What I have to say against spawn camping say at the hotel in karky is that it is anyone who has a brain. If I sit here and you sit over there with your pkm, chances are we'll kill most of the guys spawning and let some other guy try to cap the flag who will more than likely die from the nades being spammed or some gaymore wh0re freak.

I do not join servers that allow baseraping.
                        I do and I don't. Just because I'm in an uncap rape server does not mean I will rape the uncap. It is more a matter of if I'm bored or not. I don't mind sitting back and getting the lucky straglers that make it out of there uncap plus its less BS i have to read about people bltching at me specifically.

and, I am not implying that they are 'stat-padders' - but when most the time I see them doing all of what I've mentioned, you know how they got their ranks, by using cheapest methods to gain the most points...
                        Agree to disagree. Agreed because you are absolutely correct that there are people with those ranks that do those things. Disagree because it seems more like you state its only those people and therefore I am one of those people you've pointed out. From my point of view, its unfair to simply point at me because I like my G36E over a M16 and sometimes the AK101 because of my rank. I'm one of many who use it. If you think about it, general ranks arn't until what? The top 5-6,000? It's only a minority of people and yet you pick on that group alone.

And to me, their rank looses all credibility.
                        I agree with you when it comes down to j10 wh0ring on wake island and dalian plant. I agree with you when there is uncap baseraping (Yes I myself am not impressed with the way I play sometimes and I didn't say I was having loads of fun doing it either)

However I don't agree about the G36E and medic kit statement and the "cheap tricks/methods" to get more points. You play the game as a competition to win. If I know a trick and its not against the rules, d@mn straight I'll use it. IE bunny hopping - wtf am I suppose to do? Simply stand still so you can shoot at me? We're all victims of it, learn to deal with it. (yes I know you didn't say bunny hopping, I am only using it as an example).
                        Anyways, I'm not complaining, or anything... I'm just saying what I see most of the time.
                        I just want you to know I'm not trying to fight with you or anything, I'm only defending myself.

Ps. This is also why I went ot SF now - for change. I haven't earned a combat badge for ages and to earn them all over again in IO ghost town was loads of fun. IE. AT kit took me a while to get xpert combat but it was a lot of fun working on it. I only wish the eryx and SRAW actualy did some serious splash dmg like the nade launcher...

Comment

Originally posted by (TM)KillJoy View Post
                          wow, 25 and 0, with a ping of 218 ...thats amazingly good.
                          not in a chopper...

Comment

Originally posted by hellsent-2007 View Post
                            now tell me that 4 star didnt stat pad to get thet rank with a score like that...
                            Do you mean the score has has in the game? If so, you have never played a round of wake when one team has a superior "air force" (not too hard with 2 J-10's in the air. It's obvious the 2 TA guys are in the Z-10 while slash and kong are in the jets. If these guys are decent in those vehicles, the US doesn't stand much of a chance.

The one thing I do find odd is that so many people have relatively high pings!

@ System-I will have to empathize with you about being unfairly labeled for having some stars next to your name. I am a 3 star general (whoopy doo) because I have played the game quite a bit.

I have played 90% of this game with friends because the "team work" is what makes it fun. I don't play for stats, but I do admit, they can add another dimension to the game. The problem is when people treat stats like it's real world currency.

I do find it's funny that people might respect a player if they are a high rank (because of experience with the game?), but not too high of a rank. If you have too high of a rank, you must have no life and stat pad 10 hours a day.

If we "generals" started new accounts tomorrow, you would have a bunch of privates with higher stats playing better than your typical private. Then you would call us hackers because we shouldn't be playing that well for a new player.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't! Let's all go play some pong. :yay:

Originally posted by stephensolfo
                            not in a chopper...
                            If he was in a chopper (doubting it though), it would normally be good as I have tried to TV missle with a similar ping and can't hit anything because of the lag. But if everyone has bad lag, does that even things out?

Comment

I was thinking make a General CLAN ! =D
                              how awsome wouldnt th be

Comment

Something tells me they weren`t ground pounding.

Comment

Working...
                                X