Hints and Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hints and Tips?

Coming from the world of COD4 and TF2, I've decided to give CS:S a purchase.

Before I begin, is there anything I should know about? Or is it as easy as point gun at head?

Its definently a twitch players game.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
      Before I begin, is there anything I should know about? Or is it as easy as point gun at head?
      The game is very fast, much faster then COD4 imo.

You will probably find yourself getting angry when you first start playing because you will most likely get owned at the beginning, no matter how much FPS experience you have.

Next, you will see that the game will automatically start downloading stuff when you connect to a server. For the first week of playing or so, it will be like that. Just let it download what it needs, you will probably want it sometime.

One other suggestion, which is something I really love about CS:S is that there a a TON of different mods and ways to play. You can play Zombie mod, surf, etc etc. If you get bored just try out another "mod".

Happy hunting.

Comment

yay for surf.

Comment

Don't expect to own. Spray and pray (pretty effective)

Comment

I would start off using an MP5, I have played cs for years but can still remember when I first started I received the same advice and its useful

Go through the weapons, some are more useful than others

In some situations you can just spray, but you really have to learn to control it is nowhere near as easy as COD4, and if you play some people who are good at the game it will be very hard. Just try to have fun and not rage, cos the game can easily make you scream lol

And yes there are some very fun mods, my clan runs the most popular zombie server in the UK but theres also DM, gungame DM, surf/slide/climb maps

5v5s are also so much fun that nowadays I don't even enjoy pub that much anymore

No flamethrower

Comment

Don't try stealth, don't work with others, just be triggerhappy.

Use AWP only and forget worrying about TK and turning into flame bomb.
              /sarcasm

Comment

Aim at head level at all times.

Comment

u can mod ur weaponz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got www.fpsbanana.com <------------- They have the best moded weapons u can think of!

i moded everything, my players, all weapons, gloves, and got maps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                    u can mod ur weaponz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got www.fpsbanana.com <------------- They have the best moded weapons u can think of!

i moded everything, my players, all weapons, gloves, and got maps!!!
                    Definitely recommended, I know the guns stay the same, but sometimes when I add a new skin, I'll do better with a gun, it just feels different. I used to suck with a deagle, but since I added a revolver skin to it......the downside is that some skins will bar you from an sv_pure server, but there's not too many of those anyway.

Oh, they have skins for TF2 as well.

As for advice, I would recommend starting on a deathmatch server. You can respawn there, so you get a lot more experience with the guns then a regular die/sitout gametype.

Also, in my opinion, CS:S has the best zombie gametype, check that out. (Takes a while to DL all the stuff for it though :hmm: )

Also, look here if you're tired of DL'ing all those pesky server sounds.

I myself started out with AUG, then moved to MP5 & M4.

A trick I just remembered trick is, when you're moving and spot an enemy, tap once in the opposite direction once you let go of the direction button you were holding. (Like, if you were moving right, once you let go to stop to aim, tap left once to stop & steady the crosshair faster)

I was taught that by someone else and it helped me.

Comment

CSS deathmatch is insanely fun.

Comment

It gets repetitive, but yeah, it has it's moments.

I'd like it more if there was some sort of obj, like control points or something. Then again, they'd have to make totally new maps for it, since I don't think dust would make a good cp map.

But the least they could do is spawn each team on seperate locations, so it becomes more of a battle of sides, then the random spawning chaos they have now.

Edit: DOD, would it be worth getting now? Or is it sorta empty? How is the gameplay?

Comment

I like DoD source a lot, plenty of servers, dont know about the old version, DoD certainly helps with spray control though

I can still remembed the very first time I played cs though, my brother downloaded it, was a stupidly old version , dust wasnt even in it and the colt had a scope etc

The para still sucks

Comment

DoD is still fun.Its definently not css with the recoil and gun system.much more realistic.

Comment

Thanks everyone, very helpful tips.

Comment

Working...
                              X