why can't we have big maps like bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't we have big maps like bf2

Some of these maps are spawn throw grenades die,spawn throw grenades die.This game could be amazing if they would just make a few large maps.

The tools are out there! Give it a try .

I agree though they should make a few larger maps, citystreets just bores me and that probably their largest, I want an interesting and fun larger map! .

Comment

Because people with lower end computers would have trouble loading these big maps. Keeping them small allows for fast loading, intense graphics, and intense graphics. Of coarse big maps would definetly be fun, but COD4 is sort of a mix between BF2's big maps, and CSS little maps

I dunno though, my computer would load big maps pretty well:
      2gig of kingston hyperX dual channel
      2 8500's sli'ed
      and a 2.1ghz dual core proccesor
      My computer whips through loading times, I load a map in about 5 seconds and get 91 frames per second even during intense action.

Comment

Find the large custom maps such as Village and Valley of the Kings load as quick if not quicker than stock maps and run fast to boot.

No reason for not having larger maps especially with 32 + player limits.

BF2 Karky and mash 32 player size reckon would work well in COD4 and give agood dynamic to the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogul2 View Post
          2 8500's sli'ed
          Why???? :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by judgeschmales View Post
            Some of these maps are spawn throw grenades die,spawn throw grenades die.This game could be amazing if they would just make a few large maps.
            Why don't you make one?

Comment

We need one of u young guns to make a map,I have no clue how to make a map.I was just wondering if u guys think that most maps get so congested,it sorta takes away from the fun.

Comment

We have talented map makers out there still making maps, I'm sure a nice big one will come in time.

Comment

Many of the custom maps currently being made by the community are larger, and better suited for PC. Keep an eye on the "Map News" section of this forum.

BF2 maps were made quite large because there were vehicles available to travel these larger distances. COD4 has no vehicles, so the maps were smaller, plus, for efficiency (whether we like it or not ) Consoles and PC share the same maps...Consoles cannot support as many players as PC, thus the maps are smaller.

Hang in there - you'll see larger maps and bigger servers soon.

Comment

at least one big map would be great, maybe like twice the size of overgrown

Comment

Originally posted by Goldleader View Post
                      at least one big map would be great, maybe like twice the size of overgrown
                      There's a map in progress, called "mp_grnd_clearing" I think, which will apparently support around 50 players or so.

Comment

^ sounds good,

damn why did i get CoD 4 on the 360

Comment

Originally posted by judgeschmales View Post
                          We need one of u young guns to make a map,I have no clue how to make a map.I was just wondering if u guys think that most maps get so congested,it sorta takes away from the fun.
                          Well, I'm not going to make a big map. I think the map sizes are just fine the size they are now, maybe a little bigger, but that's it.

Originally posted by Whiskey
                          There's a map in progress, called "mp_grnd_clearing" I think, which will apparently support around 50 players or so.
                          That map (imo) could use a lot of work... http://www.infinityward.com/communit...?topic=13942.0

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                            Why don't you make one?
                            I would, if the damn tools worked. I downloaded them three times and every time, there is something wrong with something..GAH!!! Time for the IW forums...

Comment

theres a reason they didn't come out with the big maps right away. In battlefield 2, notice the (clay smoke) fog stuff? Yeah thats only there cause they don't want everyone to load the ENTIRE map all the time, just the area surrounding them. In call of duty 4, the small maps are good because it loads the whole thing and you can snipe well because of it. just me $0.02

Comment

Working...
                              X