Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL??? is that a joke or something??

$500 more to get the 256mb version?

i don't think it would make much of a difference in BF2, but it would help in other games. even so, $500 for an upgrade like that is not acceptable imo

Comment

Well along with the upgraded Vram, it comes with a 160GB Hd instead of 120, and it has a 2.4Ghz instead of a 2.2Ghz.

Comment

how much did you pay?

Comment

I paid 2G for mine. I know that Apple is a little over priced, but they have a great operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by fugz890
            Funny this thread should be made - I am a graphic designer so naturally i own a MBP and use it for design purposes but i am also a gamer so i ran bootcamp and WinXP to play games, i went out and bought bf2 the complete collection and it runs very smoothly however it does randomly freeze and force you to reset and/or goto a blue screen on the odd ocassion while loading maps and whatnot.. I dont know what causes the problem it could be anything but it only happens occasionally and when your in game its rather stable so there isnt much to be concerned about... It could just be a matter of re-installing the game to solve the issue but it takes forever to install/update/patch so untill i get fedup with it ill just leave it as is... Worst case scenario i uninstall XP and re-install it...

It also has no effect on the Mac OSX - when i reboot in OSX it runs very quick and very smooth...

However in order to play BF2 or any other 3d game that requires DirectX you must run it though bootcamp and not parallels or VMware... If you have any other questions just ask

Good to see more mac users around... Once you go MAC you never go back... Windows is ****ing ****. ESP after using MAC you realise how incredibly unreliable windows can be... The day games are designed for mac as they are for windows is the day Microsoft will be over-run by apple.

Reliability<capability.

Comment

It seems one little thread was enough to spark the Macboys to come out from their caves in order to proclaim how Apple is the Saviour of personal computers.

Comment

Im a lil pissed with my HP pavillion DV6xxxx
                I cant even change anything in my bios cus HP locked it
                (it runs fine with games but i had the same preformance with my tower comp with a 7600gt and now with the 8400m GS i cant see a dif)

Comment

All i did was give apple a good wrap because i am happy with it... I never figured it would spark a riot against mac/mac users... get a clue before you guys decide to comment.. I was a hardcore PC user for 17 years the moment i switched to MAC i was satisfied i would never go back to a Windows computer... I only have XP and bootcamp because i HAVE to in order to play games

Comment

Originally posted by fugz890
                    Good to see more mac users around... Once you go MAC you never go back... Windows is ****ing ****. ESP after using MAC you realise how incredibly unreliable windows can be... The day games are designed for mac as they are for windows is the day Microsoft will be over-run by apple.
                    Macs and PC's hardware wise, are just as reliable. Software wise I would give XP the best reliability and performance award (by about 30%). Performance wise Macs simply sucked (unless you used photoshop filter X) until the multicore G5's came out. I'm responsible for around 500 staff, half of which use either platform, and I have about 20 years experience.

One of our more stubborn Mac users who didn't like anything changed was finally upgraded to a minimac with OSX (a couple of years ago). She rang me up and angrily asked "why did you put Windows on my new Mac".

Another Mac user who swears by them claimed his Mac had never crashed in living memory. Right I said, lets copy your data across the network ready for import onto your new machine. But alas I said, "your Mac that has never crashed appears to be frozen and force quit is doing nothing". He was very embarrassed, lol, just lol.

If a PC user has a crap PC they'll simply say so, but a Mac user, well that's a whole different animal.

Comment

if that were a pc, med-high setting. great framerates. not sure how it will run on mac

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                        does your 8600GT really have 128mb of vram??? i thought 256mb was the lowest
                        nope. i got 64mb.

boo hoo.

Comment

Working...
                        X