BF2 on Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 on Mac

I have a SR MBP with a 2.2Ghz processor, a 8600GT with 128vram, and 2GB RAM. I am awaiting my copy of Windows XP. I was wondering how it was going to run on my system, ie. what the settings would be, how it would run on those setting online, just some basic info about it. Thanks a lot!

It will run great...

what's with the thread subject?

Comment

MBP = MacBook Pro

Comment

I don't get what I ddi wrong...? lol

Comment

BF2 and MAC, I laugh at this so much ha ha ha ha! So you buy a mac just to get windows ? I am confused :P It's like buying a mini-van then buying a corvette engine... Just buy the corvette itself =) I don't hate MAc cause I have a Mac Laptop and I believe that's the only mac I'll ever use!

Comment

Well when I bought it, I wasn't going to game at all. But then at my friends house, he had it so I kinda got back into it. I would have bought a Alienware or something if i was going to game.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
              I would have bought a Alienware or something if i was going to game.
              you must love to spend pointlessly

Comment

Is it just my retardedness or has anyone actually heard of BF2 being made for mac as well? I though it was only 2142.

Comment

Mac's and games >.<

Comment

Macs & Then getting Windows >.<

Comment

Funny this thread should be made - I am a graphic designer so naturally i own a MBP and use it for design purposes but i am also a gamer so i ran bootcamp and WinXP to play games, i went out and bought bf2 the complete collection and it runs very smoothly however it does randomly freeze and force you to reset and/or goto a blue screen on the odd ocassion while loading maps and whatnot.. I dont know what causes the problem it could be anything but it only happens occasionally and when your in game its rather stable so there isnt much to be concerned about... It could just be a matter of re-installing the game to solve the issue but it takes forever to install/update/patch so untill i get fedup with it ill just leave it as is... Worst case scenario i uninstall XP and re-install it...

It also has no effect on the Mac OSX - when i reboot in OSX it runs very quick and very smooth...

However in order to play BF2 or any other 3d game that requires DirectX you must run it though bootcamp and not parallels or VMware... If you have any other questions just ask

Good to see more mac users around... Once you go MAC you never go back... Windows is ****ing ****. ESP after using MAC you realise how incredibly unreliable windows can be... The day games are designed for mac as they are for windows is the day Microsoft will be over-run by apple.

Comment

Well all that is good to hear... but which MBP are you using?

Comment

does your 8600GT really have 128mb of vram??? i thought 256mb was the lowest

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                            does your 8600GT really have 128mb of vram??? i thought 256mb was the lowest
                            8600 GT has a 128 mb version for laptops

Comment

Yup...I really wanted the 256 but it was 500$ more... Is it that big of a difference in game play? Or is it just a little? What I mean to say, is is it worth it?

Comment

Working...
                              X