Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best gun of each category (in your opinion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best gun of each category (in your opinion)

Just how it says, I'm curious as to see how each weapon is seen reputation-wise by the community at large.

I find the M16 equal to the AK and superior to the M4 (just too weak, even with stopping power).

The shotgun....sucks. Especially the pump shottie.

The MG's are good I suppose, I've been killed by them a lot, but I just can't use them, I lose sight of my target after firing through the sights.

Snipers are awesome, you can practically use an auto-sniper like a poor man's assualt rifle since the zoom couldn't be more then 4-5x zoom. (Though that's probably pretty noobish in most people's opinion )

And finally the SMG's, well I kinda want to try the mini uzi & scorp, but I just don't trust them over my MP5.....and I don't want to change 3 of my custom classes just to try them out.....

I still haven't unlocked a lot of guns, so I won't comment about them here. (Except that I have picked up an AK-74 SMG once or twice, very good gun, probably switch to that when I get it.)

Assault rifles are best suited fore every situation.

Comment

I enjoy using the sniper rifles most of the time! Although as The_Eliminator said assault rifles are best suited for most occasions! They are pretty accurate at medium to long range and they have increased fire rates for those close quarter times.

Comment

I see, so which rifle do you use for the most part? I get the feeling that people don't really like the AK from reading some threads, and from chat ingame.

Comment

I use the assaulter class the most, where I use the M16 the most by far. I have the AK47 as a backup for the defense or offense of certain maps where it is more applicable, and there is a map or two where I may prefer to go AK47 wholly. I also run a SpecOps set up, where I am currently running a suppressed MP5 with Stopping Power. I switch it up for a suppressed Skorpion with Sleight of Hand often, though. MP5 is the best weapon in the SpecOps category IMO.

FYI

"Assaulter" = Primary weapon is an AR.
          "SpecOps" = Primary weapon is an SMG
          "Demo" = Primary weapon is a Shotgun
          "Sniper" = duh.
          "Heavy Gunner" = The only weapon category left.

Comment

Most used is my RPD with grip, stopping power and deep penetration. Get my best KDR's with that.

Other classes

Assault - switch between gung ho M4 with stopping power and slealth kit for sneaking about M16 with silencer / jammer

SMG - MP5 best all rounder in this class IMHO (but generally choose M4 gung ho class over it)

Shotties - Dont use em

Sniper - Only used the Barratt - only dabbled for about 10 mins with sniper guns until I unlocked Barratt and the iron lungs perk. Find it a rather nice rifle to use.

Pistols - silenced USP on stealth kit - Gold DEag the rest.

Comment

Assault Rifles, because they work well for almost every situation.

AR: G36c
              SMG: MP5
              LMG: RPD
              Shotty: M1014
              Sniper: Barret
              Pistols: USP .45

Is it just me, or are three of those guns from H&K?

Comment

Barret, win.

Comment

Originally posted by so1id sn@ke View Post
                  I see, so which rifle do you use for the most part? I get the feeling that people don't really like the AK from reading some threads, and from chat ingame.
                  i use ak all the time whit bandolier,stopping power an deep impact. And ppl that are saying that it has to much recoil well you just dont know how to use it properly

Comment

I'm personally a big fan of stun nades + MP5 Submachine guns are probably my most used weapons. At the moment I'm having a crush on the G3 but other than that SMG's all the way.

I even loved the SMG's in BF2142 while everyone else seemed to hate them

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
                      Is it just me, or are three of those guns from H&K?
                      That's because H&K is made of EPIC WIN. The only pistol I've kept (in real life) since I started target shooting is the USP9: I'm adding an HK P2000 LEM in there now... and I'm hoping they bring the HKP30L in Canukia sometime soon.

I'm a huge HK sackrider. :laugh:

Anyway, on topic...

I'm currently doing extensive personal testing to see whether the M4 or G36 will become my main all-around weapon. Once I've done that, I'll have a free custom slot for messing around.

Otherwise, I have 4 kits for different purposes:

- All-Around (for any purpose other than stealth)
                      - CQC
                      - Recon (either silenced weapon or RDS with UAV)
                      - Stealth (for hardcore mode, or when I feel like being a ninja)

Comment

Assault Rifles FTW, with SMG's a very close second.

I find it rather hard to name a Best in Class for each type since most of the weapons are so good. I don't even really have personal favorites. Unless you said, "This map, and this gametype." And since for the sake of forums posts, you'll say, "Just in general." In which case, my official reply is,

It depends.

Comment

I tend to use the assault rifles more, the M4 and until recently the G36C. So I voted that.

BUT, I love using the SMGs. The P90 and AK74U the most. MP5 is fun now and again.

Crunch
                          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I have 2 all around kits for situations and maps Im uncertain how the game plays out. Those are basically "universal tool" kits.

Both of them have an assault rifle as the base. AK47 and M4A1. This kind of underlines the purpose of an AR, its basically an all around weapon in COD4. With certain minimalistic special tendencies throughout the selection, they are still "general purpose tools". You could say the spectrum starts with M14 and ends with an M4A1. They all have a solid rate of fire, solid damage, and long range.

Then we have the SMGs, a kit base for close quarters combat, for which they provide superior DPS (damage per second), in ROF and damage. These are close distance weapons.

Then we have the extremely close distance weapons like shotguns. And well, snipers are snipers. And since maps are varying, every weapon group has its use.

Ive played around with pretty much every weapon bar G3 and M-UZI, and Ive generally avoided sniping. But from the vast selection, Ive never really stuck to just one weapon, so theres no "favourite".

I use AK47 as a base for a powerful assault rifle, balancing its weaknesses with DT or playing off its strenghts with SP.
                            I use M4A1 as a GLauncher base kit, since M4A1 doesnt have obvious weaknesses, I use Juggernaut to add myself an advantage, since the rifle is covered. Out of all assault rifles, I believe these two are the best, since you can really play around with these rifles, and make them suitable for pretty much every situation without "breaking" them.

SMGs are tricky, but MP5/AKS74U are pretty much the same thing, except AKS goes through walls better. Ive played around with both of them, and winner is yet to be seen. Scorpion is basically an SMGshotgun, if you want high rate of fire, dont trust a shotty, and the maps are small, pick this. 50 hitpoint damage means you have an instagib tool in your hands.

Shotguns... I see only M1014 as useful. And I have a shotgun only kit for Bloc specifically. Ive mentioned before, that if you get into any of the 2 buildings, youre invincible. In Bloc, my whole strategy revolves around getting into one of the appartment buildings. Once Im in, 3 stun grenades and shotty take care of the rest. I got my highest kill streak in Bloc with the Benelli. I can also see much use in Vacant, but Ive got specific kits planned for Vacant and Im too coward of a guy to test. Dont fix whats broken :P

In the end, theres really no "clear winner". Weapons depend on style, map, gamemode and side on that map. As such, I recommend having 2 variations of "general purpose" kits, and 3 very different kits for specific situations.

Comment

Its all about the Sniper Rifles it gives me great pride to pwn SMG whores with a single headshot

Comment

Working...
                              X