Sharing Ammunition for All You Snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Ammunition for All You Snipers

Extra ammunition for R700 sniper in Multiplayer mode, At level 38 in Multiplayer mode, you get the Overkill Perk Class 2 (located in the Perk 2 or Red Perks). This allows you to carry two primary weapons rather than a pistol. Some of the guns in online play can share ammunition. If you are a skilled sniper and prefer the bolt action to a semi-auto sniper, you can share ammo between the R700 (unlocked at level 34) and the G3 assault rifle (unlocked at level 25). Instead of having 40 rounds, you will have 152 rounds for the sniper, effectively giving you an endless supply of ammo for the R700. If you are a G3 user, you will gain an extra 40 rounds (two clips). This works both ways; since you share ammunition, you might not want to use too much ammo with the G3. Also, there are more combinations than just this one; experiment with different guns to see which ones can share ammo.

did not know this thanks

Comment

Wow, never knew that, many thanks.

This should come as a good combo for all around too.

Comment

It would be nice to have a table showing what weapons shared ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by tonks950 View Post
          This might help:

Comment

Originally posted by tonks950 View Post
            And that just got added to the to-do list for the wiki.

Comment

I think ammo strategy is important, so this is good info.

But, IMO Overkill works best with different types of weapons; not 2 with the same classification. What I mean is that a sniper rifle and G3 are both meant for medium to long range shooting and you're weak in CQC without a pistol or other weapon. I also would not take 2 SMGs for the opposite reason: you have a weakness while shooting medium to long range.

I have my Overkill kit with a silenced Skorpion as the primary weapon and a G3 w/ACOG as the secondary. This way, I can move fast and operate in close quarters with the Skorp and whip out the G3 for distance shots against snipers.

I use the Bandolier perk with it so I have enough ammo.

Comment

This might be useful because lots of snipers prefer claymores instead of bandolier.

Comment

I also noticed that the M16 and the G36 share ammo, so I tend to go G36 with RDS and M16 with ACOG, Claymores (or Bomb Squad), Overkill and Deep Impact (or Steady Aim). M16 a single bullet does the same damage and the first bullet is just as accurate as a G3 and is a great sniper rifle in HC mode.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML View Post
                    I also noticed that the M16 and the G36 share ammo, so I tend to go G36 with RDS and M16 with ACOG, Claymores (or Bomb Squad), Overkill and Deep Impact (or Steady Aim). M16 a single bullet does the same damage and the first bullet is just as accurate as a G3 and is a great sniper rifle in HC mode.
                    anything that fires the same cartridge in real life should benefit from this

i.e.

9mm
                    MP5 and pistols

NATO 5.56mm
                    G36 / M4 / M16

NATO 7.62mm
                    M40? / R700 / G3

the USP and colt should have the same ammo to i think

Comment

MP5 and M9 share ammo as well.
                      Why would I want a sniper rifle and a G3 though, the G3 is (imo) better and by having 2 ranged weapons, don't you just handicap yourself in CQC?

I'd rather go with a G3 and a shotgun or SMG. Can you use Bandolier with Overkill?

Comment

I dont see the point is using guns that share ammo because potentially you are only limiting yourself to one main weapon with no backup once the ammo is gone.

Comment

i had a pipe line kit that was

g3 rds and r700, although it did net me some kills i found that i could pick up enough ammo off the idiot snipers that died around me to sustain continous sniping without using the g3. i switched out the g3 for an acoged semi sniper.

also im not a fan of overkill in the main uav jammer or stopping power i think are more productive.

Comment

Working...
                          X