Devs: something you should patch for your next update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devs: something you should patch for your next update

The Sabotage challenge takes way too long to complete: why aren't individual round victories counted instead of making us go through several victories, possibly offset by your teammates' lack of cooperation and skill?

It would make more sense to count individual rounds. That way, I won't have to bust my A-S-S for an arbitrary number of rounds, only to lose my entire effort in the last one because the rest of my team doesn't understand the concept of teamwork.

Seriously, you need to patch this so each round counts towards the challenge criteria, as opposed to only the final result. As it stands, I'm giving up on the challenge: there's no way I'm doing another 150-210 victorious rounds when only 30 should suffice.

Alternatively, if someone knows of a pure sabotage server with only one round per victory per map, I'm all ears.

Isn't Sabotage 1 round....?

It is on the consoles.

Comment

Here in Australia, we have servers that run Sabotage for only one round, like GameArena and GamingSA.

Comment

Well, you don't have to complete the challenge...

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
          I don't understand why people trip over these challenges. You get no reward for them, by time you complete them the exp is useless. If its that much of a hassle, fu** it? Just don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
            Here in Australia, we have servers that run Sabotage for only one round, like GameArena and GamingSA.
            Which of the ga servers run one round sabotage? I thought they were all set at 5 score limit.

Comment

I've got 27 sabotage wins and I'm not even trying for the challenge. I'm sure i'll get that one long before I get the hardcore ones seeing as I never play harcore. I love sabotage though when I can find a good server for it, so 50 wins will come eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                Bingo.

This game is designed to appeal to a variety of tastes. Challenges for every weapon, every game-type, different styles of play (explosives, headshots, run 'n gun vs stealth, etc.)

For people that play Sabotage a lot, many probably love this challenge. But if people aren't playing the game for fun, but are playing JUST to get the challenges, then yes, they may run into some annoying parts. That's on them.

I personally have no interest in FFA, or using a shotgun. Those challenges will probably remain empty for me for a very long time, maybe even permanently. But for others, I'm sure they enjoy these goals.

People complain the challenges are too short/not hard enough, and they complain that they're too long as well. You just can't win.

Comment

It's a question of consistency: why is one match of TD considered valid towards the challenge requirements, but not one of Sabotage?

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                    It's a question of consistency: why is one match of TD considered valid towards the challenge requirements, but not one of Sabotage?
                    That's up to the server admin, and how many rounds they have set for a match.

Some servers, where you play a best of 9 or something, it will take a long time. On others, where it's a single round, or best of 3, it'll go quickly.

If everything is exactly the same everywhere, that's pretty boring (unless you're playing in a tournament/league that must be standardized). This gives it variety. If you're finding it's taking you too long, try to find a server with a lower round-limit.

Comment

In would personally rather see them fix my AK with RDS

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                        That's up to the server admin, and how many rounds they have set for a match.

Some servers, where you play a best of 9 or something, it will take a long time. On others, where it's a single round, or best of 3, it'll go quickly.

If everything is exactly the same everywhere, that's pretty boring (unless you're playing in a tournament/league that must be standardized). This gives it variety. If you're finding it's taking you too long, try to find a server with a lower round-limit.
                        Dude, you're not paying attention to what I'm saying...

I don't care that a server admin wants a best of 5, 7, or any number of his choosing: I'm just saying that within those rounds, each single victory should count towards the challenge requirements.

That's all I'm asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                          Dude, you're not paying attention to what I'm saying...
                          I know exactly what you're saying. I'm just explaining that the challenge is based on how many matches you win, and each match has a certain number of rounds, as determined by the admins. If it was by round, instead of by match, then it's conceivable that this challenge could be over too quickly.

Again, you can find servers out there that only have 1 round, or best of 3, and that will go at the speed you want.

Comment

I see what you're saying. Didn't look at it that way the first time...

In that case, why didn't they lower the required number of wins? It could have easily been 5, 10 and 20: that would have been fair, considering the chances of losing out at the very end of a series of rounds. Even at a total of 50 (currently), it wouldn't have been that quick, all things considered.

If they were going to be consistent with the rest of the challenges, anyway...

Comment

sabotage is lame can be too short or too long

Comment

Working...
                              X