No announcement yet.

A look alike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite one is the Alien reference because it was the first one I recognised

Comment

I missed it...What is the Alien referance?

Comment

There's also a reference to The World is Not Enough (James Bond film) with Valentin Zukovsky's logo, his caviar business. Found it with the mod tools and model images...
        This is found on one of the safehouses on the level "Safehouse" and maybe more places. The name of the model even says Zukovsky.

A logo prop from the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator29 View Post
          I missed it...What is the Alien referance?
          On Crew Expendable after crossing the top of the ship and your squad is about to breach the inside, Gaz pulls out his shotgun and says "I like to keep this handy for close encounters"

Apparently though, there are also a few more Aliens referenecs I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by tonks950
            On Crew Expendable after crossing the top of the ship and your squad is about to breach the inside, Gaz pulls out his shotgun and says "I like to keep this handy for close encounters"

Apparently though, there are also a few more Aliens referenecs I missed.
            I honestly don't see the alien reference in that. People have been having 'close encounters' with various other things or folks for generations. Just because a '70's movie used those two words together in a title for a movie about aliens coming to Earth doesn't mean that those two words always point to aliens.

Shoot, my girlfriend and I used to have 'close encounters' while we were dating and that had nothing to do with little green men. More like a purple monster...

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
              I honestly don't see the alien reference in that.
              I believe it's that particular line, combined with him holding the shotgun, which I think was the specific weapon in the movie.

The other references are a "stay frosty" comment by the squad leader in the game (Vasquez?), and I think there's also a "Marines! We are LEAVING!!!" remark as well.

Comment

I got you, the movie "Aliens" not the movie "Close Encounters"... hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                  I believe it's that particular line, combined with him holding the shotgun, which I think was the specific weapon in the movie.

The other references are a "stay frosty" comment by the squad leader in the game (Vasquez?), and I think there's also a "Marines! We are LEAVING!!!" remark as well.
                  And another one I just found out, when Price keeps telling you "Check those corners"

Comment

Sounds like I need to watch Aliens again!

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                      Sounds like I need to watch Aliens again!
                      Just avoid having spaghetti immediately before you watch it...

Comment

OMG I was thinking the exact same thing LOL! I just played that mission for the first time last night

Comment

"Stay frosty"

When I heard this in game, I thought he was actually talking to me, since my profile name is frosty. I was like, where do I stay! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by [SSM] Aerialz View Post
                            You... did NOT just say that Spitfire. Despite the fact that the whole SAM launch was unrealistic, it was a great movie!

And yes, I do see the similarities.
                            behind enemy lines 2 was WORSE!!! OMFG that movie was a disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by m3ow View Post
                              behind enemy lines 2 was WORSE!!! OMFG that movie was a disgrace
                              I never saw it, but I think B.E.L.2 was one of those direct-to-video deals. Usually not a good sign.

First one wasn't very realistic, but still a decent action flick.

Comment

I missed all the references... Ive seen all the movies mentioned, but I dont see any others?

Comment

Working...
                                X