This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CD patches

I tried searching for this but had no success...

First off, I haven't played BF in close to a year. But I just re-installed it, got latest patches, etc. One thing I always hated about BF was it required the DVD in the drive. I have an old LOUD drive and hate stressing it and hearing it run the whole time I'm gaming. So I found a BF2142 ***** patch on gamecopyworld.com. Does anybody have any experience using these? Will it limit my ability to play on any servers? Will it blacklist me with EA somehow? (i.e. it appears I'm hacking)

Thanks!

The DVD only fires up for a few seconds to check that its in the drive..if it keeps on running then there is a problem with something in your computer. I wouldn't suggest using the ***** patches as they will sometimes report as a hack. Best to try daemon tools with a image but I've not been able to find one small enough to justify with 2142. i've got a real small one for BF2 and has worked great for years.

Comment

Read:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Veovis_111 View Post
        I tried searching for this but had no success...

First off, I haven't played BF in close to a year. But I just re-installed it, got latest patches, etc. One thing I always hated about BF was it required the DVD in the drive. I have an old LOUD drive and hate stressing it and hearing it run the whole time I'm gaming. So I found a BF2142 ***** patch on gamecopyworld.com. Does anybody have any experience using these? Will it limit my ability to play on any servers? Will it blacklist me with EA somehow? (i.e. it appears I'm hacking)

Thanks!
        There is no alternative to run BF2142 without the CD/DVD because of the protection on the disc.

BF2 is different in that you can use a mini-image to run it so you dont need the disc.

Comment

yeah most games these days require the disc for single player but not for multiplayer. it does bug me i have to always have the damn disc in the drive to play this game, because frankly they should let having the CD key speak for owning the game, and not double check with having the CD in the drive too. pretty silly, imo.

Comment

Last time i had a no cd patch for BF2 it knackered my game & had to reinstall because i forgot to backup the original lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto View Post
              There is no alternative to run BF2142 without the CD/DVD because of the protection on the disc.
              Yeh, I just tried creating a COMPLETE image of the disc and no luck there. And I don't want to modify my exe either. So I guess like you say there's no alternative, I'll just have to use the disc.

None of my Steam games require disc. :-(

Comment

are you even sure punkbuster doesnt kick you for having a no cd crack? if not my mate knows a site for it but i dont know where so.

Comment

CD-Cracks/Modded Executables are not allowed by EA, and Punkbuster will kick those using them.

Your only chance is to use an image. Otherwise, it'll have to be discs.

Comment

Actually, a ****/DVD patch is available, I used to use it, until I stopped playing.

I believe that is completely legal. (Still asks for user login and stuff in-game)

Comment

It is not since it modifies data in the .exe file which is not allowed by EA. And, you will get kicked eventually, i did

Comment

Working...
                      X