Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Install Pr .7 Core Files......help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Install Pr .7 Core Files......help?

ok, ive gotten the pr files, finally. But now im having a damn problem. The PR levels files install normally, I double click it and the setup window comes up and I can be led through the whole process of installing. But when I try to open the Core installation, it brings up command prompt for a second then quits command prompt, and Nothing happens. Nothing! Heres some screenshots of it-

And no matter how many times I click it, that comes up EVERY time. Another weird thing is that under properties, it doesn't display like a regular installation would. Heres a look-

It has all these tabs on the properties page, that the levels installation doesn't have.....can someone please help me? Thanks.

you do have BF2 and patch 1.41 installed on your computer first before installing PR?

Comment

Yes......lol. I already said that the levels install correctly....but the core just wont...

Comment

hummm thats odd. My only guess is a corrupt download, try downloading it again, preferably via torrent to avoid corruption.

Comment

My worst fears confirmed......damnit!

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris View Post
            My worst fears confirmed......damnit!
            hehe, well look on the bright side, only your core was corrupted and not the levels

Comment

Dont you have to install core before you install levels? Or is it irrelevant?

Comment

Irrelevant, apparently. I tried to install core first, and it wouldn't work. Then I tried levels, and it installed fine. You can do either first, apparently....you just cant get the mod to start (or even appear) without the core installed.

Right now, I'm downloading the core OVER again.......7 hours to go..jesus....

Comment

Just download it overnight or something Took me around 12 hours to download PR. (Downloaded while i was out on the new years ewe)

And btw, read the manual before playing Its HIGHLY recomended

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                    Dont you have to install core before you install levels? Or is it irrelevant?
                    you can install them in any order, as long as they are both installed

Comment

Nah, I dont need to read the manual. I've played PR before, I know how all the kit systems, death timers, vehicles, and all that jazz works.

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris
                        Nah, I dont need to read the manual. I've played PR before, I know how all the kit systems, death timers, vehicles, and all that jazz works.
                        theres also new things its worth reading up about, like how LGBs work etc

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris
                          Theres actually lost of new features in 0.7. I have played PR since 0.5, and thought that i didnt have to read it Logged in, joined a server, and didnt know wtf was going on tbh So reading the manual, or even better the wiki guide is really recomended mate:salute:

Comment

guess I shall then. Got about 4 hours left now.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                              (Downloaded while i was out on the new years ewe)

Welsh much?

Comment

Working...
                              X