No announcement yet.

Why does Punkbuster have to fail?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to my point about admins though, we all know how hard it is to have admins constantly on our servers.

Comment

Thankfully I have been playing on the Doorman is god DM server, so PB doesn't bug me. I like that server now, because it's almost alway full of people.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
        Most people here know how i feel about PB. I personally think that admins do a 500% better job than PB could ever do.
        PB is half of the solution. The other half is Punksbusted.com and PBBans.com. By streaming to both of those sites there are thousands of hackers that can't get into my server and there's no way I'd be able to filter out every single one of them without PB.

Comment

Originally posted by FPS[VT_NERD]
          PB is half of the solution. The other half is Punksbusted.com and PBBans.com. By streaming to both of those sites there are thousands of hackers that can't get into my server and there's no way I'd be able to filter out every single one of them without PB.
          This kind of reiterates what i said, you as an admin are doing a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
            This kind of reiterates what i said, you as an admin are doing a better job.
            I don't think so....

Without PB, Punksbusted and PBBans do not exist. They both use the PB program to do what they do.

There's no question that there's room for improvement, but as an admin I cannot do any of what I'm talking about doing unless PB is present.

*edit*

EyeofGod, most people around here don't really care for DiG and the way they run their servers. I doubt you'll see many familiar faces TBH.

Comment

I understand that Nerd but surely if you are banning them from your server anyway, whats the point of PB taking further action when all admins could do just that, Ban them.

Comment

Originally posted by 'FPS[VT_NERD
                EyeofGod, most people around here don't really care for DiG and the way they run their servers. I doubt you'll see many familiar faces TBH.
                Yeah, I acutally run into the reason why no one likes them too much around here yesterday. They act very inmature and are A-holes, so I won't be playing there anymore.

TBh has its own COD4 sever I am guessing or ?

Comment

TBH = to be honest. TGN is run by MyIS which hosts gaming server, but there aren't any official TGN servers run by the community.

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  I understand that Nerd but surely if you are banning them from your server anyway, whats the point of PB taking further action when all admins could do just that, Ban them.
                  I'm not sure what you mean. My point is simply that it's not a trivial task to determine who is cheating and who is not cheating. Without PB screenshots and the MD5 checksums that it can run on the user's game files, it becomes an even more difficult task.

IF it was easy to spot cheaters, then there would be no need for PB/PsB/PBBans. However, it is fairly difficult to point to someone and say "they're cheating" when you don't have a PB screenshot or a MD5 checksum error that shows one of their game files has been altered.

Comment

Yea very true.

Comment

That pretty sums all up.
                      Yesterday, while playing on a server, the guys there begun to talk about Mombot... seems to be that they were using it there... a good admin is the 50% that PB needs to run smoothly... if the admins let cheaters "apporpiate" their server... i run from there at mach 5 ... Now i know why that M14 guy was so "accurate" with the Headshots... and that other guy with the HS trough the wall on Vacant... they ruin the game for us the legit users.
                      I think it's room for improvement on PB, like some kind of auto-kick-ban if someone is catched cheating, would be more useful and would take work off the back of the good admins... as of now... it's not veery useful, but shure, without it... playing would be a nightmare...

Comment

Its Murphy's Law what can go wrong will go wrong, PB is a good program but it only catches retarded hackers and it whenever it does a massive update it always screws everything up remember that time that there was no online play for a day because PB's update was messed

Comment

Fail as in stop working or fail as in

Comment

Working...
                          X