No announcement yet.

The Official Joystick Debate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better to choose a low or a high dpi ? The G5 has 3 immediate dpi settings using the buttons on top of the mouse but I've not had success with any, I don't get to stay in the air long enough to find out.

Comment

Try on a local server

Comment

Kiwi, I can say Ive logged in anywhere between 500 and 700, I cant really be sure. But during last and this summer I used it a LOT. Probably most of those hours accounted for then. Theres NO problems with the stick whatsoever. Theres mild decalibration issues, but this is normal joystick wear, and DXTweak2 takes care of that.

I used DXTweak2 to prolongue the lifetime of my first stick, which went pretty much dead in 200-300 hours (since it was my first stick to be used so extensively, wrong pressure killed the stick early). I use DXT to pretty much add another 200, even though the potentiometres were completely fvcked.

Yes, Logitechs own software sucks. If you want to recalibrate your stick, theres only one way to go, save your nerves.

Comment

Yeah, Chris is right. I've been using DXTweak2 maybe a half year now, and its useful even with new sticks. Only thing I miss with that is some one button macro to change settings between jet and chopper. Nevertheless, every Logitech owner should get familiar with that brilliant software.

Comment

You shouldn't fly a chopper with a joystick, there really is no advantage to it at all.

Comment

So I have been told and I guess you are right, but I have used to fly with it and I'm too lazy to start learning from the beginning again.

Comment

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972
                So I have been told and I guess you are right, but I have used to fly with it and I'm too lazy to start learning from the beginning again.
                Agreed. I think, though, you should try it with a mouse. It takes time to learn from the beginning, but if you're already proficient with a joystick it wont be too much of a hassle.

Comment

Mouse is only better if youre soloing. Time consumption is the key. Ive flown choppers with all peripheral devices and when I was flying for my gunner, theres little to no limitations to joysticks.

Hell, I even solo using both stick and mouse. I can do just fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X