Most Unused/Useless Perk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dove View Post
    Who said cheap? I dont think there cheap, just stupid and useless. There is no reason to use mart and laststand in any situation.

Stopping Power
    Deep Imp
    ^All that is needed. :yay:
    My apologies then, I misunderstood although I do think sonic boom has some uses, for example: shipment with 3x nades and sonic boom will clear the map

I agree with you on SP & DI, they are my most used perks alongside double tap and steady aim.

Comment

I guess im living back in the vcod days, but the new 4cod isnt fun in pubs, becuase of the lame GL's and scrub perks. If I get onto public server's it has to be the ones where the game has been stripped down to nothing. No heli, no strike, only perks are Band, SP, and DI. Now those server's are where the real fun is! Not seeing some nub go 45-50 and 38 of his kills are from perks...

Lol, I cant comment on your shipment thought becuase ill flame on, lawl! We are just different people...

Comment

Stopping Power
        Deep Imp
        ^All that is needed. :yay:
        I take it you're new.

Comment

There is no reason to use mart and laststand in any situation.
          Martyrdom is not a bad choice at all in some of the objective-type games (S&D, SAB, HQ, DOM)...if someone takes you out in close-quarters, you have the chance to wipe them out as well, thus helping your team. In a no-respawn game-type, that's quite important. And in something like HQ or DOM, if your oppt is alone, the other team will need to send more people in to capture the control point. Last Stand would be used similarly, but probably will a bit less effectiveness (depending on your oppt).

As many people have said before, everything in this game has pros and cons, and situations/certain playing-styles where it works well. Sometimes you have to think about it for a bit to see how it can be best used.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
            I take it you're new.
            Why's that? 80% of my kills come from my gun of choice.

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            Martyrdom is not a bad choice at all in some of the objective-type games (S&D, SAB, HQ, DOM)...if someone takes you out in close-quarters, you have the chance to wipe them out as well, thus helping your team. In a no-respawn game-type, that's quite important. And in something like HQ or DOM, if your oppt is alone, the other team will need to send more people in to capture the control point. Last Stand would be used similarly, but probably will a bit less effectiveness (depending on your oppt).

As many people have said before, everything in this game has pros and cons, and situations/certain playing-styles where it works well. Sometimes you have to think about it for a bit to see how it can be best used.
            I see where your comming from, most of the times ive seen mart is in HC SD, and normally people are kicked for using it becuase of TK's. >.<

Comment

Eavesdrop is also useless on console, simply because nobody strategizes.

I think C4 is somewhat useless also. Granted, it is extremely fun and powerful, the Clays outmatch it because you can set it and forget it basically.

Most useful? Hmm. Depends on match type.

Comment

C4 can be better than Clays at times due to the ability to stick on surfaces. That, and the lack of those Red lasers.

I can see them useful on S&D, especially on Vacant.

Comment

Why's that? 80% of my kills come from my gun of choice.
                  I say that because I think the perks you chose aren't that useful when compared to others.

Deep Impact isn't necessarily needed on but a few weapons (unless you use your minimap a lot and blind fire at walls). Even then, it's usually not needed.

Also Stopping Power takes up, what I think is, a very useful perk, the UAV Jammer. Keep in mind though, I play on small to medium sized hardcore servers.

Originally posted by Micster View Post
                  C4 can be better than Clays at times due to the ability to stick on surfaces. That, and the lack of those Red lasers.
                  Can be. Are you really going to sit wherever and wait for somebody to walk through the pathway where you've placed your C4, when you could just place a claymore in a spot so it's hard for enemies to see when coming from that direction (i.e. in grass, around the corner) and go off and get more kills because you don't have to detonate the claymore. From what I've seen, people usually don't see the red claymore lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
                    Can be. Are you really going to sit wherever and wait for somebody to walk through the pathway where you've placed your C4, when you could just place a claymore in a spot so it's hard for enemies to see when coming from that direction (i.e. in grass, around the corner) and go off and get more kills because you don't have to detonate the claymore. From what I've seen, people usually don't see the red claymore lines.
                    Put a thing of C4 on both bomb sites in S&D. So few people recognize it just just go on like normal until you know they're there or hear the "bomb planted" warning. Then double tab 5 and it instantly sets off both, killing the planter.

Clays are good though, especially on hardcore where a Clay on the first floor in Bloc can be set off from the second floor, and still kill you. The place where there's a hole in the floor/ceiling, you can place them on the floor below and they'll go off even if no one jumps down.

Comment

Sonic Boom, who uses that seriously?
                      I do sometimes when I feel like just messing around with the RPG or nades.
                      camping with the RPG in cq= rage, lots of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X