Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when would you cross the line from jump to glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump; people are still able to see you and kill you,
    Glitch; if you fall off the map like a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox
      If you've ever seen footage of soldiers off in Iraq and Afghanistan they dive like dolphins on crack the moment a shot is fired. It's a real strategy used in real life to get down and reduce your surface area.
      I don't want to start up the whole "real life/realistic" thing again...but I think one of the problems is when people dive. If a soldier with his gun up is moving forward, comes around a corner or goes into a room and sees an enemy, he is most likely not going to flop on his stomach, but will instead shoot the oppt immediately. Flopping on your stomach in this case in the real world will probably get you killed, as it will ruin your aim for a second or two as your elbows hit the ground (try it yourself in your house, when moving around a corner, or next time you play paintball).

If FPS games gave the diver more of an aiming penalty (ie. you leave iron-sights mode, crosshairs disappear for 1-1.5 sec, screen shake, etc), then I think less people would have an issue with it.

I'm not in the military, so I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert...but in a very basic sense, going prone when under fire is more for when there is no cover available. If there is no cover, the next best thing is to make your profile as a target smaller. But when quick reaction time is needed in relatively close-quarters - to shoot an enemy you just spotted - I doubt that diving is the right way to go.

Comment

You put that very nicely Whiskey

Comment

Either way you look at it, people will always bunny hop in first person shooters, and there will always be people that complain. I will never stop bunny hopping in FPS's this isn't real life and shouldn't be compared to it.

Comment

If you where talking about the map crash, which im guessing you are. I think the roof jump is just lame. I dont see it as a cheat, or exploit but rather a part of the game that shouldnt be there, and in sense, it ruins the way you have to play the map once someone gets on the roof. It wasnt intended for people to get on the roof, if it was the map would have been designed alot differently. So in my final remarks, I just think it ruins the game play of the map once you start going places you shouldnt be going.

Comment

Working...
            X