Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when would you cross the line from jump to glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when would you cross the line from jump to glitch?

Ok here is my question:

2 days ago i was playing on a server and the map rotated to crash. i had just created a new rpd class so i thought of where to test it.

I decided since i got dumped on marines by the server that i would climb up the ladder near the spawn and jump from the roof onto the air conditioning unit then onto the second roof.

I stayed there a good 15 mins (got killed 3 times 2 choppers 1 air-strike) i managed to suppress the opfor in the adjacent building they always want to camp the chopper from and took care of the few that tried to sneak left down the side road where the snipers usually are.

Any way I was not out of plain sight or anything, I was prone near the edge of the roof with the rpd.

any way i get a new (after dieing 3 times) streak of around 7 kills then i get a punkbuster kick message all of a sudden. I checked everything punkbuster wasn't blocked (mcaffe has a habit of doing it), everything was good so i came to the conclusion it was probably an admin kick.

Any way I'm not here to rant but I would like to get the general public's consensus on where a jump turns into a glitch vice/versa

edit: some typos

I'd say it's a glitch when you can't be killed...ie. you fall into an inaccessible building and can shoot out but not be shot.

I'm not sure if any of these types of things have been discovered yet in CoD4 or not.

Comment

That isn't a glith, that is using the enviornment. A glitch is looking through the trees on Overgrown. People will always beg to differ but either way they are always wrong.

You being kicked for that is almost as bad as being kicked for bunny hopping. Screw the bunny hopper haters; don't know why they are all crying in this game.

Comment

There's no point in bunnyhopping in this game, you'll get killed really quick, but people still like to ***** about it.

Comment

yeh i suppose its not a glitch thats what i was thinking.

also about there being glitches in the game or not, there are, but you need at least 2 people to stack and get over certain things. i have a cool pic of one on ambush when i was in the jumpcod4 modded server. although its worthless to abuse since it gets you no where near the action on that map + takes flippin ages and you would get kicked straight at the first uav.

plus its cheap. i remember the console bf2 that was appaling with all the glitches. made me switch to the pc version. I dunno if the testers were slacking but each map had at least 2 wtf pwn glitches =(

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
            There's no point in bunnyhopping in this game, you'll get killed really quick, but people still like to ***** about it.
            There's bunnyhoping like an idiot, and then there's bunnyhopping at the right situation to gain an advantage over your opponent. The two are quite different.

Comment

Thats a pretty pathetic reason to kick. As far as glitching, there are still loads of objects that can be clipped through by leaning. Won't go into where but exploiting them I would consider a very kickable offence

Comment

Originally posted by Infiltrator View Post
                There's bunnyhoping like an idiot, and then there's bunnyhopping at the right situation to gain an advantage over your opponent. The two are quite different.
                Very true, I get kills by jumping, and getting my gun so where I can get a burst off in mid air, even if the other guy is under cover.

Comment

I dont consider that a glitch. A glitch is more like what a few others have said;

Seeing through trees
                  Going into buildings that protect you but let you shoot out.
                  Going off the map in an abnormal way.

I have seen some people kicked by PB after playing a little while. Not as long as you, I dont think, but it could have been nothing.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

i do that all the time, ive never gotten kicked or anything. not a glitch at all. you can get there easily, and anyone can do it without needing to have any special knowledge.

Comment

If they were that annoyed over you camping the rooftop they could have just spammed cooked grenades up there.

Comment

yea i agree, bunny hopping can be very effective in this game.

I must admit im a bit of a dolphin diver, but there is a disadvantage to it, if your enemy is aiming at your chest area when you dive then you are going to die from the headshot.

Comment

But you cant bunny hop properly in this game!!!! My definition of a bunny hop is somebody who repeatedly jumps up and down, try doing this on cod4, and after the first jump you do a silly half jump and you seem to loose all mobility.

The only way you can bunny hop properly is in the old skool mode, try this and you'll see what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                            yea i agree, bunny hopping can be very effective in this game.

I must admit im a bit of a dolphin diver, but there is a disadvantage to it, if your enemy is aiming at your chest area when you dive then you are going to die from the headshot.
                            If you've ever seen footage of soldiers off in Iraq and Afghanistan they dive like dolphins on crack the moment a shot is fired. It's a real strategy used in real life to get down and reduce your surface area. The fact that you jump before hand is reasonable enough, too. It's not like you want to just collapse, you want to dive to get down, and move too!

Bunnyhopping, on the other hand, isn't similar in hardly any way to what real soldiers too. In real life jumping up and down makes you look like a dumb*** who gets shot first. In a game it's just to get those crosshairs off you and is noobery, IMO.

Comment

yea

like bunny hopping when u need to reload and some 1 is infront of you opposed to just bunnyhoppig in like UT3

Comment

Working...
                              X