No announcement yet.

Who Said Assualt is Underpowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault owns, but it`s underpowered if anything. Any other kit can do assault`s job just as good, some even better. Doesn`t make sense, but then again, a lot of stuff DICE does doesn`t.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
      Waaah said "They really ****ed up big time when they made a support class (medic) more powerful than the assault class, wich is ment to be the "killer of infantry"" and I've heard this from other people before.
      Medic can do everything the assault class can do (minus the GL), and then they can heal themselves or others and revive ppl. Dont get me wrong, i love the assault class, but the medic class is just as powerful if not more...

Comment

I LOVE ASSAULT, i use the m16 in single shot mostly

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
          Death to ego threads.
          This is more of a thread for me to thumb my nose at the soloer threads and show that us players outside of the chopper can have just as much fun doing it the hard way.

Comment

The solo war is still going on?
            I'm gone for 4 weeks and this crap is still on rotation?
            :shakehead

Comment

Wow Rugerdog, those are some heavy scores! Crap wish i could get those, would rank up in no time. I swear i average 40 - 60 points, thats on a good day! But hmm, i never knew people thought Assault was underpowered. I personally find it one of the most powerful kits. G3, flipping heck thats a tank!

Comment

Bleh, if you're going to post a "good score", at least finish top

Anyway, in games of Sharqi/Karkand where there is quite a substantial amount of players: medic should come top. It's simply the better class. If you're going for a good K/D, assault is good only if you're being healed on a regular basis, if not medic is the way to go.

I don't think this topic really proves anything.

Comment

The problem is that the guns in Assault are underpowered it's just that the class is lacking a special something. With the Medic class you get the ability to heal yourself, with Spec-ops you can blow up vehicles and Commander assets. With Engineer you can heal your own vehicle, Sniper can remove players from as far away as 500 meters in game, and Anti-tank can steer in a rocket to a guy a couple hundred of meters away as well as a helo. All the while the support class can spam grenades.

What the Assault class needed was something that differentiated himself from something else. The GL is sadly not enough to woo players over. His armor is found on AT and Support classes and Medics have arguably the best gun in the game. What the Assault class needed was something that seperated him. Like 2 C4's-heck even just one C4 to blow up a wounded tank or a jeep passing by- and maybe something like two Main guns. and the ability to do something other classes can't(all classes can perform in some way related to assault) thus the class is underrated. I think in all honesty the assault class should be THE SL class, able to provide a base fire, while having people spawn on him. that would ensure the definitive Squad Leader class, the Jack of all trades; Master of none.

It may seems unrealistic with the hypothetical options I provided to most, but so does having a medic being able to perform field ops on himself anytime he is wounded.

Comment

The approach the made in SF giving the Assault the grapping hook was great. That made the class really usefull.
                    Playing assault on IO mode is quite good if you have a dedicated medic around. You will never get that much points but you can reach a good k/d, but well, these are numbers.
                    For fun gameplay, the GL is awesome, I always have a good laugh noobtubing.
                    On vehicle servers the assault class is not very usefull, except that you can do some damage to light vehicles. Don't try to tube a "healthy" tank...
                    They should give the assault the grapping hook and maybe 2 ammo packs to rearm.
                    OR just a G3 with GL

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                      Medic can do everything the assault class can do (minus the GL), and then they can heal themselves or others and revive ppl. Dont get me wrong, i love the assault class, but the medic class is just as powerful if not more...
                      agreed the assault class as nothing that makes it stand out besides the gn which isn't enough

Comment

No one said the assault was under-powered and if they did they are newbs who can only use the g36 series. I love assault but I just hate scavenging for med packs.

Comment

wow who ever said that must be just terrible at bf2. The assault kit for me is what i use to whore .. like the grenade launcher woo!

Comment

Assault is good, but it`s underpowered compared to other kits. All assault has over other kits is the GL, and you need to be pretty good with it to make it useful over long distances. Other kits don`t need as much skill and still can come on top, beating assault at doing assault`s job. That, imo, is what`s wrong.

Comment

Assault isn't underpowered, it's under rated due to the lack of any additional "advantageous" equipment (except in SF). Assault gets the G3 unlock and that thing is a canon in the right hands so I wouldn't ever say underpowered. Plus it's the only kit to have (annoying) flashbangs with the FN2000 unlock.

I think in a nutshell the assault isn't used much in non-SF BF2 because most people are point whores.

Comment

I love going Assault my game play really improved. My only complaint is the lack of stamina - an Assault guy should be able to out run anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X