Who Said Assualt is Underpowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Said Assualt is Underpowered?

Just played a great game of Sharqui IO that my team won 1-0 (no thanks to my team's medics as I didn't get revived once and all but one of my medkits I used I had to pick up a kit myself). I used the nade launcher for more than half of these cause that thing is just awesome. I had more than half the other team (no exaggeration) trailing me for the latter part of the round, which made for a lot of targets, but hard to stay alive for long.
    50-5

end of the round

proof of assault and IO

Hopefully this proves that assault>medic in terms of killing, but medic is still better for overall points (see Thetman)

I've just started using the Assault class. Before, I've always with SpecOps for CQC, but I'm starting to realise just how good the Assault class is.

Comment

Same here tbh. Always used to go with Spec Ops, recently unlocked the G3...love that gun. And aye, the 'nade launcher kicks arse too

Comment

I love the G3. It just needs more magazines. I prefer throwing grenades to the launcher, so it's a good fit for me.

Comment

who the heck ever said assault class was underpowered, give me his name!

freaking F2000, G3...AK 101 + GL! Are you kidding, its a killing machine kit. Noob tubing is like 4-5 kills right off the bat!

Comment

Waaah said "They really ****ed up big time when they made a support class (medic) more powerful than the assault class, wich is ment to be the "killer of infantry"" and I've heard this from other people before.

Comment

underused class since most people just stick with the other AR/Carbine classes like Spec-ops or Medic.

Comment

The key to being good with the grenade launcher is getting elevation. Firing grenades with at least a slight height advantage makes it much easier to get an angle on hitting the enemy directly, thus getting the one-hit kill. Kind of a random tip, but I guess it fits in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog View Post
                  The key to being good with the grenade launcher is getting elevation. Firing grenades with at least a slight height advantage makes it much easier to get an angle on hitting the enemy directly, thus getting the one-hit kill. Kind of a random tip, but I guess it fits in here.
                  The roof just left of the flag point(Central Flag Point) by the Brick Wall on Sharqi is a great place to hide and do this exact tactic, when the USMC make a break for this point you can launch grenades behind the sandbags and hide behind the Air Conditioner on the roof.

Comment

Yup, Sharqui with its buildings and changes in elevation is in my opinion the best map for using the grenade launcher, hence the original post and score.

Comment

Well in terms of killing if you mean the nade lancher than yes, but if you mean in terms of nades id go with a regular nade. Although the assualt gun is really good you have to know how to aim with it since with the med guns its usally really easy.

Comment

noob tube

Comment

Death to ego threads.

Comment

Originally posted by pilvlp
                            noob tube
                            Not as bad as in CoD4 at least

Noob tubing in BF2 is actually fun imo, cause you don't have a lot of splash damage (unless from a great hight) and it's rewarding when you aim properly.

Comment

I think the assault rifles (except the G3) could use a little bit more power to really be the killer class.
                              But it's OK like it is atm. The GL brings the perfect killing machine to the hands of the assault soldier.
                              The GL is the only reason for me to play assault. Body armour? I would choose support class. Accurate Guns? I would choose medic.
                              Powerful guns? I would choose support again (RPK ftw).
                              noobtubing is so much fun and your enemies can get really angry because you use it and kill them constantly, lol.
                              I had some great GL rounds on Ghost Town IO, btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X