Got the private glitch! But.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the private glitch! But.....

The night before I had finally gotten my 9th and 10th kill streak, so I qualified for the Legion of Merit anyway! I ended up getting it as a private, when I could have just as easily gotten it as a Captain without the glitch. Ho hum. Fingulfin, in your post you said Legion plus the Good Combat ribbon. Any other high point awards you recommend just in case it happens again? Unfortunately, I killed one of my teammates so I didn't qualify for GC. I couldn't think of what else to try to get, and ended up with Recon Bronze, Halo ribbon, and Legion of Merit. Tried to get Explosives Gold but ended up quite a few short (ended up with 9, not even enough for Bronze). But since it was the first time getting the Legion anyway, I didn't really accomplish much. The round didn't last long either, their Titan wasn't defended when their shields went down, so by the time they tried to defend it, my team was in their reactor room. When the round ended, I disconnected because I was worried about losing my point total, and when I reconnected, everything was back to normal and I could see that the Legion was part of my permanent Ribbons.

DD.

Mostly just Legion and GC, unless you are playing titan and think you have a shot at the 55 Teamwork Ribbon (meritorious Unit service I believe)

Comment

It doesnt always allow you to get all the awards though

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
        Mostly just Legion and GC, unless you are playing titan and think you have a shot at the 55 Teamwork Ribbon (meritorious Unit service I believe)
        I got all three plus medic and assault golds in a conquest match the other day whilst I had the glitch, that was fun

Comment

Once your Brig General it doesn't really matter anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel View Post
            Once your Brig General it doesn't really matter anyway.
            True, but it's fun for the novelty of seeing your medals again :P

Comment

Exactly what are you meant to do to get the awards. Before I was able to get them again, but now whenever I spawn into a server as private I don't get the Legion of Merit another time when I get 10 kills, etc.

Done on a soldier that has already got it +global requirements and on a ranked server?

Comment

I think any commander ribbon you can get is worth a lot. If you manage to get the req's for war college, you'll get loads of points.

Also, any gold badge you can re-obtain will be a nice award.

Pretty much any ribbon which has high time req's is worth a lot.

Comment

Only problem is if you try to go commander when you have the private glitch, you have to make sure that no-one else is going because they will beat you.

Comment

Working...
                  X