Sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh

Total used to be a place for some fun besides finding information. It's like a police state around here any more. :shakehead

I guess I'm done discussing CoD4 anyways. There doesn't seem to be anything new to talk about; just lots of flaming and spamming going on.

See you dudes on the flipside... perhaps TotalFFoW will be rocking in a month or so. If so, I'll see you guys there.

Ahh no way man, your one of the only people who give a sane and friendly answer.

Cant say i blame you.

Catch you later man :salute:

Comment

That's a shame man, you are certainly among the more respectable, mature members of this community and will be sorely missed.

What's your xfire? I'd like to play a few games if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel
        Total used to be a place for some fun besides finding information. It's like a police state around here any more. :shakehead
        There are plenty of fun/insanity in the off-topic section. I for one am happy that "serious" threads are kept on track and free from multicoloured chat spam.

But if you want free reigns there is always chalieoscardelta

Comment

I guess I'm done discussing CoD4 anyways. There doesn't seem to be anything new to talk about; just lots of flaming and spamming going on.

See you dudes on the flipside... perhaps TotalFFoW will be rocking in a month or so. If so, I'll see you guys there.
          youll be missed. And yea whats your xfire would loe to havea game sometime?

Comment

Could you give us an example of why you think that so we know how we can make things better.

Comment

I think he's simply referring to:

Threads complaining about martyrdom
              Threads constantly going off topic
              Threads where everybody just starts fighting in, or calls the OP a noob/whiner

etc.

Still though, you are one of the major contributers, right alongside Whiskey and those guys. Yeah, there's a lot of flaming going around - I'm sometimes a contributer - but why not stick around and help out, rather than leave?

I must agree that the CoD4 forums are turning into a flame-fest much faster than BF2 did. BF2 there were just more things to discuss, CoD4 discussions become linear after a while - leaving the main topics to be martyrdom, m203's, etc.

Comment

Aerialz got it + once we start having a little fun, the thread gets locked. That's frustrating.

I would rather that the regulars get a go at trying to manage the out of control posts and then when we cry for help, the mod cavalry comes riding in to thwart the evil-doers...

Well, that's just my opinion.

Honestly though, the moderators do a great job around here. I have to give you all some props for that. :salute: Without moderation, this place would be outta control in a heartbeat.

I think we've discussed most everything we can about CoD4 until some new maps, mods, modes come around. I'll pop by every week or so.

Guys, I'd love to get a game on. My contact info is in the sig. (Sorry, I don't use Xfire because it will not stay connected.)

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post

I think we've discussed most everything we can about CoD4 until some new maps, mods, modes come around. I'll pop by every week or so.
                  I can see your point, COD is nowhere as complex (or buggy) as BF, so there is much less to discuss.

Comment

I have to admit that I'm overreacting a little, too.

At least I'm honest about it... Shoot, I've already been back like 6-7 times since I said I was "done"...

I think I have forum addiction issues :shock: lolz

Comment

Well, i for one have been locking threads that have gone off topic, but what i'll do from now on, and i'll pass it on to the other guys, is simply delete the offending posts (the flaming ones, not so much the slightly OT ones (because we are all OT at heart ))

That way, the good topics stay unlocked and just about on topic

But, good job on bringing these sorts of things up. We all need constructive criticism otherwise this forum would not be moving forward like it is.

And, last point, if you see something you don't like before an admin, please use the report button to alert us. It is the button found to the left of the offending post. We see it in staff, and we then get onto it.

Let's go have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                        Aerialz got it + once we start having a little fun, the thread gets locked. That's frustrating.

I would rather that the regulars get a go at trying to manage the out of control posts and then when we cry for help, the mod cavalry comes riding in to thwart the evil-doers...

Well, that's just my opinion.

doesnt work in practice though ive seen it to many times.

Honestly though, the moderators do a great job around here. I have to give you all some props for that. :salute: Without moderation, this place would be outta control in a heartbeat.

Guys, I'd love to get a game on. My contact info is in the sig. (Sorry, I don't use Xfire because it will not stay connected.)
                        If people derail/flaming a thread posts get deleted.
                        If a thread goes to far along through derailing/flaming it gets locked ie not wanting to delete 40+ posts.
                        If you want to go spam/derail a thread go create one in off-topic not in general discussion, that has nothing to do with the game at hand.

Comment

Soooo you still going or staying??

If you are leaving. Then i see u when i see u... :salute:

Comment

I have to laugh at myself and remind myself NOT to read the forums before morning coffee... I can be a cranky old b'tard!

I sure wish that I could play a good game with my international Total friends. I have a hard time finding good people to game with besides my inner circle of friends.

The thing that Total is missing is running servers to support the forums they have. I understand that this is all possible because of MyIS and they are in business to rent servers, etc. But, I sure wish that there was a Total CoD4 server setup where we could all meetup.

Let me ask you European guys, do you have a decent connection to MyIS New York CoD4 servers? Here are 2 CoD4 IPs for you to check: 72.9.108.4, 72.9.108.6 if you can. Perhaps we might be able to meet up for a match every so often? (I say NY because I'm on the other side of the US and that's pretty much in the middle)

Any East Coast server owner(s) would care to see if this would work out? Or, is this just a pipedream?

Comment

Well, over at Total BF2 we rented out our own BF2 server (actually, it was Oli and Skag (props)), and we always used to have a good laugh on that.

If you know people well enough, you can always rent out a server.

Comment

Working...
                              X