video lag...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video lag...

hey everyone, i have been playing bf2 for a bit now and i have a lag, sometimes its not bad and sometimes its in the 200's. my specs are

manufacturer: Acer
    model: aspire E380
    rating: 3.4
    processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X@ Dual Core processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
    Memory (RAM): 2047mb
    System type: 32-bit operating system
    videocard:ATI Radeon X1650SE graphics

my isp is telus and i dont know my connection speed so could somebody please help me fix my lag???

try unplugging your internet wire and plug it back in. Worked for me one time.

Comment

Have you installed all the necessary video card drivers? What graphic settings do you play on?

Comment

make sure ur playing in servers that r in ur country.

make sure u update PB

make sure that no one in ur house is dling anything on another comp (

Comment

ok im gonna try unplugging my internet tonite, im not sure if i installed all the drivers and im play settings on medium 800X600, and i have updated pb

Comment

it could be a virus, sorta like conscript virus, except it lags you, insteads of conscripts you.

Comment

hmm maybe ill run a virus scan

Comment

Originally posted by friguy0 View Post
                ok im gonna try unplugging my internet tonite, im not sure if i installed all the drivers and im play settings on medium 800X600, and i have updated pb
                For a little test, you can set all the settings on low to see if you still have lag. If so, then theres something wrong with video card or ram, and you should always make sure you have updated video card drivers.

If it doesn't lag on low, work your way back up to medium to find the problem.

Comment

yeah make sure you're not stressing that X1650 too hard.

Comment

k thanks ill give it a shot

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings View Post
                      it could be a virus, sorta like conscript virus, except it lags you, insteads of conscripts you.
                      lol thanks nadokings

and to OP, u can try googling for ways to lower ping. there are some system tweaks out there that can help, i think

Comment

Sounds like you have a bad network connection. Try update your network drivers. You can also tweak your network connection using CableNut to improve the speed or use WinSock XP Fix to reset the connection to its default settings (as it may have been changed. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_MoShah
                          Sounds like you have a bad network connection. Try update your network drivers. You can also tweak your network connection using CableNut to improve the speed or use WinSock XP Fix to reset the connection to its default settings (as it may have been changed. Hope this helps.
                          I wouldn't recommend cablenut to anyone... want to tweak the TCP/IP stack.. use TCP Optimizer... google it.

Comment

alright but what exactly does this tcp optimizer do?

Comment

Originally posted by friguy0 View Post
                              alright but what exactly does this tcp optimizer do?
                              It is a ultility for optimising you internet connection, to get the best speed/stability from your internet connection. It is more user friendly than CableNut.

WinSock XP Fix - this resets your connection to default XP settings. So you can reverse any changes you make.

Comment

Working...
                              X