Last stand... Grr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last stand... Grr

ok, I am not here to start a flame war but this is something I have noticed that has really pissed me off. Going round with the m14 on hc getting one hit kills when a last stander came on the server. Everytime I would shoot him once in the chest abd then once in the chest again, but it seems that even though the bullet hits it does not register. So for a half of a second people people with last stand have brief invincibility. Glitch? Bug? Intended? Whatever it is it gets ony nerves, except for that the game the game rocks!!!:yay::yay:

Ps, wow typing on an a iphone is cool!!

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty View Post
    ok, I am not here to start a flame war but this is something I have noticed that has really pissed me off. Going round with the m14 on hc getting one hit kills when a last stander came on the server. Everytime I would shoot him once in the chest abd then once in the chest again, but it seems that even though the bullet hits it does not register. So for a half of a second people people with last stand have brief invincibility. Glitch? Bug? Intended? Whatever it is it gets ony nerves, except for that the game the game rocks!!!:yay::yay:

Ps, wow typing on an a iphone is cool!!
    Your on an iPhone...? I want one...

Yea, especially when you kill them, then they just kinda hang out behind whatever cover they had.

Comment

I believe it's the change in animation.

Comment

It makes sense that they would be, for balance. It may be annoying that they're invincible but think about it: In the game, your enemy has a P90 and you have last stand. He takes two (6 for normal mode) shots, you're 'dead', you enter last stand, he holds the trigger for half second longer and he's now fired 3 (7) shots and fully killed you before you've even started to fall down.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex
          I believe it's the change in animation.
          Correctus

Comment

The thing about last stand that gets on my nerves... I kill the guy and he lays on the ground, then some sniper shoots him before I get the last shot. He gets credit for the kill. Really annoying, imo...

Comment

Then you get the assist ponts

Comment

10 > 2.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGregg View Post
                  The thing about last stand that gets on my nerves... I kill the guy and he lays on the ground, then some sniper shoots him before I get the last shot. He gets credit for the kill. Really annoying, imo...
                  Or when you're a sniper with an M40 or R700, take a shot to down them and some P90 whore runs over and sprays him down before you can fire again.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGregg View Post
                    Yes i think it should be the other way around, you get the 10 points and they get the assist only after the target is dead.

Comment

Yeah, so when I have M4 with double tap, unload my entire clip on him and need to go to my pistol to kill him, he kills me. This should be taken out of the game because with my weapon of choice, it is out of ammo with double tap with their invulnerability.

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                      It makes sense that they would be, for balance. It may be annoying that they're invincible but think about it: In the game, your enemy has a P90 and you have last stand. He takes two (6 for normal mode) shots, you're 'dead', you enter last stand, he holds the trigger for half second longer and he's now fired 3 (7) shots and fully killed you before you've even started to fall down.

Comment

Originally posted by =COP= Curly View Post
                        Yeah, so when I have M4 with double tap, unload my entire clip on him and need to go to my pistol to kill him, he kills me. This should be taken out of the game because with my weapon of choice, it is out of ammo with double tap with their invulnerability.
                        Uhhh.... don't spray and pray?

The way you say it, you just keep on holding left click taking no effort whatsoever, so when someone goes into last stand, you keep spraying and they would get no chance at all. You may not use last stand, but many do and enjoy it. It'd completely ruin the perk if there was no moment of invulnerability. You get to stand still already aimed on target. Your enemy is being thrown to the ground and their weapon is abruptly changed. You can keep full auto fire with a 30 round mag, they have semi auto with about a 15 shot mag, tops. You get an extra perk in slot 3 that he/she doesn't, possibly steady aim to help you hit. Sounds like you've got an advantage, quit whining because someone used a perk effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by =COP= Curly View Post
                          Without trying to flame you, from your description above, it seems like you need to exercise a bit more control of your fire. If it takes an entire clip to drop someone, your aim is likely not very good. Even in non-hardcore servers, headshots are quite powerful. If you're not using iron-sights, you need to train yourself to use them more. If you are using them, you need to train yourself to shoot for the upper-torso and head. Expect people you kill to either have Last Stand or Martyrdom enabled, and be prepared to react accordingly.

Last Stand is an optional perk...part of that perk is allowing the person to enter the Last Stand mode once they are killed, which may require that split second of invulnerability animation. There's nothing wrong with that.

Incidentally, you only enter Last Stand if you have not received a devastating injury...if you get hit with a powerful explosion, you don't get it. And I'm not 100% sure on this (because I never use Last Stand myself), but I think that if you die from a headshot (severe wound), you also won't go into it. This goes back to the suggestion above of trying for more "high" shots on your opponents.

Comment

It would be fair if last stand was activated as soon a you take the last bullet, so if you take another bullet while falling down for your last stand, you die, its only fair really.

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty View Post
                              It would be fair if last stand was activated as soon a you take the last bullet, so if you take another bullet while falling down for your last stand, you die, its only fair really.
                              That would make it pretty useless, since most kill by spraying the target with automatic fire until they are literally nailed to the floor.

I haven't used Last stand myself, but is the user allowed to aim while invulnerable, and then fire the instant it wears of? Because that would be a bit too much.

Last stand is nowhere as annoying as Martyrdom and I don't really see a need for it to change. Maybe make it so that instant kills prevents it (And martyrdom) from being activated, e.g. headshots, shotgun blasts.
                              That would be a nice reward for good aim.

Comment

Working...
                              X