No announcement yet.

Servers: Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hate when there is one guy in the server that is all like "i cant believe im pubbing, u are all so gay cause u dont lan, have u ever been to a lan, im better than all u internet dorks that game all day cause i lan and it matters, have u been to a lan? no so stfu, omg im pubbing this isnt a lan!"

see thats annoying and i hate it ';..;'

Comment

I hate not being able to vote. Normally I initiate votes when someone shouts the n-word over and over in chat or someone is singing on VoIP. It's frustrating when there's nothing I can do to get rid of the troublesome player. I never try to vote for getting owned so don't flame me please.

I also hate silly rules. While I do get annoyed sometimes by grenade launchers and claymores and whatever, I avoid servers that prohibit these parts of the game. If you want to have a server like that, change the server.cfg and accept that it's unranked. Maybe we can bring BFROE to CoD4? JUST KIDDING.

As a Server Owner, I try to pick rotations and game modes that people like playing. I try to stay out of the way and admin as little as possible. The only rule I enforce is no racism which really shouldn't need to be said but oh well. I want to play the game not micromanage other peoples' game time.

Comment

i hate servers with those guys that go 'nice shot.' every time you kill them haha

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
          I mean like a permanent "I want to make helis have 70% health, but wont since it'd make it unranked" type of changes. Ones where you only lose players once and keep the changes that way. You can change it while no one is there, or inform them it'll be back up soon and to come back and try it out.

Well that makes a lot more sense. Lets face it, people love their ranks. It does constrict the options on a server. What also makes it a hard decision is when you are paying for your server, of course you want it ranked.

But I see your point and its pretty valid.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
            Well that makes a lot more sense. Lets face it, people love their ranks. It does constrict the options on a server. What also makes it a hard decision is when you are paying for your server, of course you want it ranked.

But I see your point and its pretty valid.

Crunch
            I'd pay for an unranked server but no one plays them and they slowly die... but if enough server manned up and went unranked then people would be forced to play them =D

Comment

People that run infront of me when im laying down suppressive fire.

It makes me so mad im almost glad i TK'd them :evil:

Comment

Alot of mine have already been said.

But i also hate bigheads, its fair enough being very good, but it annoys me when i see somebody bragging about every kill they make and calling other people noobs. Even more so when the guy isnt actually that good!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialz View Post
                  Well, best thread name I could think of :|:

Anyways, what are some of your pet peeves on a server? What gets on your nerves? Abusive admins, hacking players who don't get kicked, lack of kick votes, etc.

My biggest one has to be:

BIG COLORFUL server messages that block your view. They not only annoy me as I'm playing, but because I play on a lower resolution, the text can sometimes take up a good amount of the screen and hide an enemy player.

So, what are yours? And what do you server owners do to try to make your server the best one out there? Or, what are your responses to these comments?
                  i'm totally with you there. i like to play at ATF hardcore server and my biggest gripe is their console messages. every 30-seconds or so, they fill up half of my screen with some non-sense gibberish. it's just way too often and too much text and not very considerate for us low-res players. i get the message after a few times, but no need to spam the server every 30 seconds. it's stuff like... "if you don't like the rules of this server there are 3000 other servers, go play those..blah blah" or something stupid like "one day at band camp...blah blah" or "bunny hopping will get you hopped right out of this server blah blah," pretty useless stuff to keep repeating on a hardcore server. i asked them to take it easy with the server messages but they don't seem to care.

i really wish there was an option to make fonts smaller so those console messages don't fill up the screen all the time. :dead:

Comment

Originally posted by Speckled_Pants View Post
                    Alot of mine have already been said.

But i also hate bigheads, its fair enough being very good, but it annoys me when i see somebody bragging about every kill they make and calling other people noobs. Even more so when the guy isnt actually that good!
                    I love littl kids on my team trash-talking to the other team on TDM. We win, and they all go 5-23 or something like that, and they brag about how good they are. Too funny.

I hate people in HC, that go, "Hey, how about I be a huge D-Bag and kill everybody on my team." Especially in HC S&D. And since we cannot kick, we either can ride it out or leave the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Todd View Post
                      I love littl kids on my team trash-talking to the other team on TDM. We win, and they all go 5-23 or something like that, and they brag about how good they are. Too funny.

I hate people in HC, that go, "Hey, how about I be a huge D-Bag and kill everybody on my team." Especially in HC S&D. And since we cannot kick, we either can ride it out or leave the game.
                      PC > PS3
                      Sorry Todd

But ya man, I played RainbowSix Vegas on PS3 at my cousins and I know what you mean. Little kids screaming "OOOHHH I FUXZ0RED HIM UP!!!" and I'm like.."uhh I'll hug this wall and rape them" Ya. Basically.

Comment

Things i hate about cod4 servers:

1. Console messages that pop up every 30 seconds or less that are a whole god damn paragraph long. Stop putting so much information (or non-information depending on whats being said) in the damn messages. Spread it out between more messages over longer timed intervals so it doesn't clutter my view. I shouldn't have to change configuration in my files to fix it.

2. Ridiculous server rules such as no bunny hopping, restricted weapons, restricted attachments, restricted perks, No UAV's, Air Strikes or Attack Helicopter support. I don't mind the servers that kick or ban for cussing, but why do some admins feel the need to be game-play Nazi's?

3. Server that switch up the game modes every new map load, but don't change the maps that are cycled so you end up playing the same map you were just on or one map later with a different mode. That gets stale and boring after awhile.

4. Servers with no voting time intervals. I don't know if you can set it up in the server configs or not, but please listen! All you admins who have voting enabled, If you can set a timed interval between votes to help avoid vote spamming, please set it up.

I think thats it for server Peeves of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT]
                          PC > PS3
                          Sorry Todd

*snipizzle dizzle*
                          I already know that.

Comment

Sounds like people playing on the wrong servers lol

As for the server console messages, well I use some set to auto for recruitment purposes and some simple info..otherwise they don't bother me.

try the two in my sig.. the 2nd one is fun as hell as it rotates Shipment and vacant in both team deathmatch and free for all for some close action!

Comment

Ehh, I can't stand Free For All Shipment... it's all some of my ex-clan members play, and it's just a bunch of nade spamming.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                                try the two in my sig.. the 2nd one is fun as hell as it rotates Shipment and vacant in both team deathmatch and free for all for some close action!
                                How are player averages of 0.38 and 1.71 fun?

Comment

Working...
                                X