Martyrdom or MartyrDUMB????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martyrdom or MartyrDUMB????

Is Martyrdom a very annoying and very unrealistic abilitie that doesnt deserve to be in a game as good as COD 4?

Oh yay, another one of these threads.

Don't run over dead bodies, there's your problem solved right there.

Comment

It's annoying, but we'll have to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder View Post
        Oh yay, another one of these threads.

Don't run over dead bodies, there's your problem solved right there.

If it only worked that way.

You just need to watch out, and keep your hand on the throw button. I tend to throw them, cause I hate them. So I toss them for free kills. Works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by emrys42 View Post
          Is Martyrdom a very annoying and very unrealistic abilitie that doesnt deserve to be in a game as good as COD 4?
          Don't t-bag, simple

Comment

Unrealistic? Yes. Was CoD4 supposed to be realistic? Nope, not really...

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
              Unrealistic? Yes. Was CoD4 supposed to be realistic? Nope, not really...
              For the martydom perk, I remember a few threads back, when some1 said the terrorist would put a live nade in their hand, since they about to die anyway, and when a guy moved him, he would blow up... I thought thats where the thought came from

Comment

Originally posted by m3ow View Post
                For the martydom perk, I remember a few threads back, when some1 said the terrorist would put a live nade in their hand, since they about to die anyway, and when a guy moved him, he would blow up... I thought thats where the thought came from
                Um there's actually a recount where the Marines used tank rounds to destroy an enemy compound. Out of the rubble was a groggy Insurgent with a live Nade in his hand lying on the ground. The Marines survived but they said they were scared like... well... use your imagination (This was during the whole Fallujah deal)

Comment

I just thought they were like "Hey noobs might like this" and threw it in there to screw with us. Ya.

So again..yay another flame thread!!!

Comment

In the one level, Charlie Don't Surf, a little after the fight in the TV station with all the computers and desks, I came into the small hall to go into the next area of the level. There was a hall with a small door to the right and I saw a near dead insurgent sitting down propped up against a wall and he pulled the pin to his grenade and dropped it. Then I just ran like hell out of that hallway.

When I first played the level, I don't think I saw this script. The second or so time, after I beat the game, I saw this script. Not sure if any of you guys caught this when you played this level.

Comment

There are several places in that mission where there is a guy staged like this. Depending on which way you progress through the street's toward the TV station will determine how many you come across.

The only people I see who hate Martyrdom, are the ones who keep getting killed by it and can't adapt. Look, if someone is willing to give up Steady Aim, or another good Lvl3 perk for this, they deserve to get some usefulness out of it, even if it is forcing you to hold off from rushing over their corpse so you don't die. On games like Sabotage, it's actually a good perk to take since it helps your team maintain the momentum if you die with the bomb.

And don't whip out the realism soap box. There is nothing realistic about any of the game types. It's just an online multi-player shooter with modern military trappings.

Comment

Free grenade... fine with me.

Comment

Ill admit I find myself cursing the martyrdumb. But overtime the only thing you can do is get used to it. Maybe thats the only way some people can get their kills and Im fine with it. Though it is odd how a man that you point blank with an RPG can manage to poop out a nade...oh well im not going to think too much into it.

Comment

I don't really mind Martyrdom. When I see someone use it past a certain rank on anything other than Shipment, I just smile: the player probably doesn't understand that other perks are much better, so in the end, it's his loss.

Comment

I don't like it.
                              It is fully automated, adds to the grenade spam and is often very hard to avoid if you are in CQB with a few teammates blocking your movement. (And I don't teabag)

At the least it need a much longer fuse.

Last Stand is fine, that requires some action from the user and can be countered by filling him with bullets.

Comment

Working...
                              X