Any solution to team switching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAArrrgghhhhh....

Played on a clan server last night. I checked the TAB key as usual before joining, and found 3 brigs on each side, autobalance on. Perfect. Joined, and started playing. Round was very back and forth, both Titans going down at about the same rate. And then something happened. My team started to take control, but then I was teamswitched in a weird way. Can admins force me onto another team? Instead of the usual Autobalance "You have been switched to the other team" message, I suddenly found myself switched with no message. And what is weird is that I didn't choose a spawn point, it picked it for me. When I have been autobalanced, I always have to choose a spawn point. So I hit the TAB key, and on the other team there were now 7 Brigs (out of 8 total players) and I was the highest ranked player on our team! Captain! It was blatant mid-round team stacking, but I didn't even know such a thing was possible. I thought they had to die, try to teamswitch, etc. etc. but it all seemed to happen at once.

Is that possible? Do admins have the ability to decide suddenly who is on what team, and switch them all?

Thanks,
    DD.

Comment

I THINK they can do it via CC, but I have never actually used a 2142 admin CC (In game PB Actions work for me )

Comment

Originally posted by Dare978Devil
        AAAArrrgghhhhh....

Played on a clan server last night. I checked the TAB key as usual before joining, and found 3 brigs on each side, autobalance on. Perfect. Joined, and started playing. Round was very back and forth, both Titans going down at about the same rate. And then something happened. My team started to take control, but then I was teamswitched in a weird way. Can admins force me onto another team? Instead of the usual Autobalance "You have been switched to the other team" message, I suddenly found myself switched with no message. And what is weird is that I didn't choose a spawn point, it picked it for me. When I have been autobalanced, I always have to choose a spawn point. So I hit the TAB key, and on the other team there were now 7 Brigs (out of 8 total players) and I was the highest ranked player on our team! Captain! It was blatant mid-round team stacking, but I didn't even know such a thing was possible. I thought they had to die, try to teamswitch, etc. etc. but it all seemed to happen at once.

Is that possible? Do admins have the ability to decide suddenly who is on what team, and switch them all?

Thanks,
        DD.
        Yes.

Lalalalalalalala. (Sry, this message is too short)

Comment

In my experience unbalanced teams/everyone switching to the winnig team is a far more annoying and frequent problem regarding teamswitching, than being autoswitched to the losing team. And i don't just mean the times when my team is losing, i like challenges, but it ain't fun either when you have nothing to shoot all round because all the enemies get killed before getting out of their homebase.

Both are very complicated problems and i don't think there's an easy solution to either one since people always have the choice to leave a server if they don't like what they are up against.

Comment

Working...
          X