Any solution to team switching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any solution to team switching?

Arrgggh, it hasn't happened very often because most rounds I am in a squad or the leader of one, but the server switching me to the losing team with only 30 tickets to go is fantastically frustrating. And of course, I never notice when it switches me, I am usually anxious to spawn back in to get those last few kills to acquire xxxxx badge. In my last two games, I was teamswitched in the dying minutes. I had taken out 3 of the Titan consoles in one of the rounds, and was going to have a shot at the core and my Gold badge (after many many attempts). Then suddenly I woke up in that same Titan, but on the defensive side! I thought someone had landed a transport on it when it asked me to select my spawn point. It totally sucked.

Then I was playing conquest, and we were leading by about 20 tickets with only 30 to go. And I woke up as PAC! Once again, didn't notice until I had spawned in. Took another loss.... <sigh>

Sucks man. People on the losing team rarely stick it out. Instead they flee when it looks hopeless, which team switches the next guy who dies from the winning team. Not sure what EA can do about this though since AutoBalance is WAY BETTER than smartbalance where clans can use it to cheat and massively stack teams.

Ho hum.... At least I know those who bolted still get tagged with the loss...

DD.

well the people not in a squad get switched first so go into a squad if you dont like people then just make one yourself and lock

Comment

Let me give you a couple of tips, this was a major issue I dealt with while trying to get the War Collage ribbon. So I hope this helps

1) Pay attention to the teams from time to time, when you see the sides getting massevily unbalanced do the following:

2) When the tickets are getting low, or the Titans are about be destroyed, Run and hide, If you don't die you won't get switched.

3) Being a sqaud leader or commander will not helped once the % of people lost gets to high, I have actaully been auto balanced as a commander when I died. It starts off with the lowest point person first, but when it gets to 30 vs 10, the first to die gets moved over. The server is trying to balance the teams, and of course the 30 person team is not going to be dying very quickly.

4) Before playing, go to the advance tab and search for servers with auto balance off.

5) Look for the noob that team switched to the winning team when he came in causing you to get auto balanced to the losing side cuz he didn't want a loss, usually the guy with a negative score, one death, and no kills and kick vote him.

6) Leave the server, then re-enter, when you leave it will auto balance someone else(usaully the team switching noob, that caused you to auto balance), when you re-enter the teams will be even and you can go back to your original team.

7) Keep trying to switch back, and hope you can.

Comment

This too: EU ROX. Why? When people join a server with even teams, they get put on EU. If you are on EU and the PAC is winning, you can simply wait until you have more people than the other team. If you are on PAC and EU is winning, its best to disconnect and wait until the teams are even so you can join onto the winning team. (I have a 4.5 W/L Ratio )

Comment

Originally posted by Howpathetic View Post
          Let me give you a couple of tips, this was a major issue I dealt with while trying to get the War Collage ribbon. So I hope this helps

4) Before playing, go to the advance tab and search for servers with auto balance off.
          Ah, thanks for that. I'll try those points. The only one I kind of disagree with is searching for servers with Autobalance off. I do exactly the opposite, and only play on servers with Autobalance on. I find it is the only way to avoid clan servers who team stack, putting 16 brigs up against a bunch of privates. I have played rounds on those servers where the round starts 16 players to 9, and ends 16 to 5. Not much fun when the winning team finishes the round with more than 200 tickets left. At least with Autobalance ON, I know they can't be using Smartbalance to cheat.

And on the very odd time when the non-clan team is actually winning, the server has mysteriously lost its connection when the clan server had only 4 tickets left. That has happened to me three times in the last few weeks. Funny the way the connection is never lost when my team is getting pwned.

DD.

Comment

Ah yes, I know, but heres another tip for you, server admins can turn auto balance off and on at will, you will see a meassge like this "!ab off"

Comment

I don't show my admin controls to the world, I create a locked squad and just type them out there; in other words you won't always see !ab off. You WILL see a green message at the top of the screen that says this though: "Autobalance = Off"

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                This too: EU ROX. Why? When people join a server with even teams, they get put on EU. If you are on EU and the PAC is winning, you can simply wait until you have more people than the other team. If you are on PAC and EU is winning, its best to disconnect and wait until the teams are even so you can join onto the winning team. (I have a 4.5 W/L Ratio )

I think it is important to remember that if you do not select a spawn point at the start of the game/ you joining the game, then its not team switching, once you select a spawn point, then anything you do after that will produce a negative score when you team swich, so the noob with a negative score that team switched, the second one person drops from the opposing team your own, you get punished for it.

Its equivilent to our justice system(USA) as double jeapordy.

Comment

You can select a spawn point and not lose score, you just can't spawn on it... I am 80% sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                    You can select a spawn point and not lose score, you just can't spawn on it... I am 80% sure of that.
                    You know, I will after to look into that before I challenge that, but I am certain that once you select a spawn point your commited. I'll get back to you on that one.

Comment

you never lose a score if your unreviveble.

Comment

Originally posted by Howpathetic View Post
                        3) Being a sqaud leader or commander will not helped once the % of people lost gets to high, I have actaully been auto balanced as a commander when I died. It starts off with the lowest point person first, but when it gets to 30 vs 10, the first to die gets moved over. The server is trying to balance the teams, and of course the 30 person team is not going to be dying very quickly.
                        I got switched a couple of days ago to the losing team on our City Maps server and I was SL at the time. Not a big deal as that put me up against some of my clan-mates which is always fun. Especially when you're in TS with them and can talk a little trash back and forth. :nod:

Comment

I honestly reckon... If your in a squad... have more kills than deaths and have been playing more than 5 mins. If your switched *snip* admin did it.

Trust me.

Comment

Ahhhh, got team switched again but this time....

Was playing Remagen. The opposition was down to about 25 tickets or so to our 60, so outcome was not really in doubt as we were trying to go for their home base with all other flags capped. When I hit TAB I could see that some of their team had decided to call it quits and disconnected. I got killed, and woke up on the other team. Knowing that if I selected a spawn point I would be charged a loss, I dropped from the server since that round was pretty well over anyway.

That night, I played two more rounds on a different server and was on the winning team both times. When I checked my stats in the morning, the days outcome was 2 wins - 1 loss. The only conclusion I can draw from that is that if you are teamswitched by the server, regardless of whether or not you spawn again on the losing side, you are still charged a loss.

DD.

Comment

You only lose score for team switching if you do it whilst your alive, or critically wounded, if your killed it's fine

Comment

Working...
                              X